It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Should this patch be reveresed?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:13 am
No it's great! 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
This patch is horrible reverse and fix some of the real issues. Fix Bugs and look at the players in the middle 75%  75%  [ 25 ]
Who care's? I've had enough. I'm gone, one less subscriber 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 33

Post This patch any good People?
Well I've lost a few of my best friends on SS today.. This game should be fun and enjoyable to play.. Thats the whole point.. Not Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf More Nerf until it's just junk.. Players shouldn't have to work their asses off just to have it taken away from them over and over again. Admins need to stop looking at the slight few that have every damned thing in the game and all the money in the world.. Look at the players in the middle that have spent everything they have to have it just taken away..

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967
Class: Engineer

can u tell wrong aspects of patch? i only was waiting on the fix of excom

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 am
Profile E-mail

Slaves were nerfed to the extreame, Rad experts can no longer fight. Dms who used slaves can no longer fight with them. People who made trading slaves for making money and or pumping colonies have now wasted their money. Slaves have been made total shit. This has been going on for long enough.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:18 am
Profile E-mail

~ferret

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 am

Oh, and skills now cost money to train. Which means more working your ass off just to get somewhere.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:22 am
Profile E-mail

Unless you happened to accrue that wealth 6 unis ago....

~ferret

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 am

It's starting to look like the game developers don't lpay their own game. It's also starting to look like they have a serious problem and are running out of ideas.

What burns me about all these changes is that nothing gets bumped in response. What *really* burns me is that there's no testing done on the nerfs before they're put into place. Sure, maybe 2 or three guys log into a test server for a bit, okay, but no real testing.

I'm sure there's the people to support the idea, and the change in server load will either be more or way less. Set up a second server with some proposed nerfed crap, and start it alongside or a day after the regular server on a user reset, just so people don't get entrenched in things. Publish the full tuning list - yes, information! - somewhere for easy comparison.

Accounts aren't transferable: you pick where you're spending your money. The server with the most money earned, the best comparison of popularity, is the one which isn't reset next time. Tune up the less popular one and let it go.

Nothing less than 6 month tests and written test reports for futher analysis.

Or, maybe it's time to license out a server at the same colo facility, and let some of these griping fanboys manage it themselves. If the licensing deal is good, and the fanboys do okay, then maybe it'll mean more income for the developers and servers we don't hate -- with 3 to 4 servers, all the most vocal of the whining lamers will find a sandbox they can work in.

And yes, a player reset is crucial to any rebalancing of the game. Letting the uber characters survive a nerf without modification is going to make any post-nerf testing absolutely pointless.

Player resets suck. Suck it up, princess, so we can at least get the game to a point where we like it and so do the admins.

When it all comes down to it, I like my account, and last week I tolerated the game. I'm afraid to log in, even if it'll save me an extra couple bucks a month.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:53 am
Profile E-mail ICQ YIM WWW

I know Jeff plays the game and watches fights and actually analyses things well.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:07 pm

Quick quick, back home to see what happened yet again to slaves... :shock:

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:32 pm

i voted the undo the patch option but i am super close to canveling my sub and going of on a search for a new game since SS wants to nerf itself to death.

So what else is out there, though? It would seem that SS is all but unique in the 2d asteroids+traders_elite kind of camp. Am I wrong, or does its unique setup put the heavy hands in absolute control here?

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ YIM WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

This poll is a bit one sided without an "I could care less and am not quitting" option. Seriously, the only thing hurting players from this patch is the costs for training skills.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Traders
Main: Macros
Level: 1219

It has something that we all are attracted to, that is after playing it for a month or two. How many guys have you seen play this game for a month or less? Yeah a crapload of them. and then they disappear.

Why? Because the older/higher level players of the game keep complaining and are Frankly fed up, tired, beat up, pissed and/or severely annoyed at the admins.

So what does these noobies hear and see when they join this game and read the forums or listen in all chat?

Wait for it......

"The Game is Broke", "you will lose all your money and have to make a new character", "Your character class will be broke next uni"

Yeah that is what they get from us "Your customers".

"Well", you admins say, "These are the ones that always complain and we continue to fix things, just ask Voom (Our biggest Admin defender)."

And all the while your player base is saying get with the program and fix the bugs, stop nerfing/balancing every universe and understand what you are actually doing to each class by here is an original thought "Playing the game yourself at various levels and using various leveled equipment."

Hey we all know your doing the best you can, but what we don't know is what your doing and why?

Why are you nerfing this class? What are the reasons behind it? If you can't explain it, then your in trouble with us the customers.

It has gone too far now and there is way too much distrust, enemity and hatred toward you guys when it comes to any kind of fundamental game level changes that you make.

Face it, you have lost our faith in you as admins/coders and until you gain it back, you are not going to make it to the next level in game subscription sales.

You don't have to like it, you just need to accept the facts and win us back over.

You have a good game here, but your player base can only take so many setbacks before they all leave and you will have nothing but new players who come and go every month or maybe only last 4 months.

Fix the bugs and stop nerfing stuff!! Let your changes run thier course for 6 months and for god sakes Advertise that there is test server.
Jeez i have been playing this game for almost a year now and I had no idea there was a test server. LOL. You guys are the worst at communication and if it doesnt change, it will be your downfall.

Macros

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:11 pm

I can safely say that the patch didn't affect me in any way whatsoever 8)

No, but I do feel sorry to all you people who have been nerfed to death :cry:

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:22 pm

This patch rates equal to a large steaming pile of dog crap falling on your head.

So Admins have you notice that nice juicy check shrinking, of course what would you care, its not like you get paid for this, if your going to continue to nerf this game to pieces, PEOPLE WILL LEAVE, and EN MASSE, stop nerfing, wanna "balance the game" BUFF THE WEAKER GROUP, NOT NERF THE STRONGER

Last edited by siril on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:16 pm