It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:25 am

Do You Think the Admins Are Doing There Jobs?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 13 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 18

Jeff is here and moderators are only for keeping forum/chats clean. Admins are doing their job fine. There are bugs and the admins are trying to fix them the best they can.

Btw, Tobal is banned in case you didn't know.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

You are forgetting though, the admins are working on client v2.0. They also can use the test server for testing things. Besides, the admins are on alot, they just don't talk when they are on.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:23 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

Did you e-mail them at their support address? And i don't mean pms either.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:40 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

admins are doing there jobs, just nt the ones on ss :lol:

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Carlos the mackerel
Level: 1493
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Xona's Back, Asking Questions
Xorion wrote:
Star Sonata: How Controlled Is It?
The only moderator that seems to do his job is Calypso, and all he does is mute people if they talk in the Trade Chat. Thats the best ive seen out of any of them, and we all know they need to be doing more.

I don't get angry often but quite frankly that pissed me right off.
All the current mods do a good job, you want us to do more? like what? remember we're just players ourselves, we're not paid or rewarded at all so why the hell do you have the right to expect more from us than the moderation we already give freely, gladly, and effectively.

Sorry you got hacked and banned. The hacking is something I'm told can be simply done by bruteforce, there's not much for the admins to do about it I'm afraid. As for the banning, I'm sorry you got caught in something you didn't feel responsible for, but really it's not much that a post like this will address.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:56 pm

Hi babe, I too am a mod, actually Carlos is probably the best mod we have right now. Welcome back Xona, and yeah the admins PWN.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:21 pm

Post Re: Xona's Back, Asking Questions
carlos the mackerel wrote:
Xorion wrote:
Star Sonata: How Controlled Is It?
The only moderator that seems to do his job is Calypso, and all he does is mute people if they talk in the Trade Chat. Thats the best ive seen out of any of them, and we all know they need to be doing more.

I don't get angry often but quite frankly that pissed me right off.
All the current mods do a good job, you want us to do more? like what? remember we're just players ourselves, we're not paid or rewarded at all so why the hell do you have the right to expect more from us than the moderation we already give freely, gladly, and effectively.

Sorry you got hacked and banned. The hacking is something I'm told can be simply done by bruteforce, there's not much for the admins to do about it I'm afraid. As for the banning, I'm sorry you got caught in something you didn't feel responsible for, but really it's not much that a post like this will address.

The current mods are very good I think. I speak to a few of them regualrly and its hard to be constantly monitoring the situations in Trade and All and play the game as well. I actually offered to be one but that fell on deaf ears.

On the subject of security, the fact the your forum name is the same as your login name is very very 100% insecure all you need to do is crack the password and your in.

As for the rest well I'm feeling that the Admins arn't really doing a great job but I'll remain confident that they'll do what they can. As for the bugs well they're out of hand completly now and the only way to sort it out would be to start over. I'll wait to see if they can prove me wrong

I beleive theres no excuse personally to not finding a bug I've done it myself in the past and I can safely say anything I produced was bug free (bugs did appear but they were dealt with). The thing their trying to do now is give us a new client which will solve a lot of Clientside issues, problem being that once they move onto the new client they'll end up with more bugs than they had before, Its inevitable.

*anyway* we'll just ahve to see..

~ferret

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Main: FracOMac
Level: 3361

ive been hearing that SS is going to die ever since i joined, so far it hasnt

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:59 pm

Xona! Nice to see you back again old buddy. Im sorta using the char Takuhi now (was revan98071 if you can remember that far back). PM me sometime between 5- 6 pm (GMT).

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:29 pm