It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Effect and Cause
DarthFirebert wrote:
Sigh~

It doesn't take long after DB posts. The thread sails off of a cliff and there is no hope.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2684
Class: Speed Demon

DarthFirebert wrote:
Sigh~

--ENCE!!!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Visorak wrote:
DarthFirebert wrote:
Sigh~

It doesn't take long after DB posts. The thread sails off of a cliff and there is no hope.

well, the thread was going fine until spatzz decided to have some whine. every post until his contributed something.

you and norrath got the main idea of the thread and my posts, so why'd spatzz do what he did?

because spatzz didnt even read the article. if he did, he wouldve posted about it, instead of posting about me. because its alot more interesting (and more credible) than i am, or anything i have to say. if he actually gave a shit about the subject, he wouldve chosen to ignore me and post about the article, but he didnt. he is the troll. he is the derailer.

and now i shall un-derail it

Jesus 2.0 wrote:
landswimmer wrote:
Visorak wrote:
Cool, I like time travel.

me too.

especially since the most likely message to be sent back in time (once tested and operational) is the "master code" to the universe, a compliation of all the physics knowledge along with designs and explanations of all the technology humanity will need to unlock FTL travel, and all the other "space" goodies that we need to reach other stars. it doesnt need to be invented, we just need to receive the messages, test the technologies and only "send back" the messages that are correct.

spontaneous knowledge through virtual universes sending information back

and all with just a few hundred thousand plates, saved to be used only for scientific knowledge and equations, along with cosmological events like supernovae and other things difficult to observe

thats if it works. if it doesnt allow information to travel back in time it will still be useful for instantaneous communication.

if it does work, 50$ says the first equation sent back will be "1/0"

Or I bet those in control of said plates will have the sense to not send information back to the past. in time, unless ofcourse those people don't like their version of the present.

well, sending information back is alot like my posts, they dont change anything in our universe so there isnt much point at all, let alone in mentioning anything outside the predetermined questions

and sending the information back is really just a precaution, a way of closing the loop, "post rationalisation" of scientific truths to "create" the information after it is received, which probably isnt neccesary since the receiving of the information should cause the creation of that information in a future timeline of the virtual universe, created through the assigning of the question and creation of the plates. but they arent really being "created" in the traditional sense, to most people the word "connected" gives a much better picture of what is really happening

thats why i started to wander off into theology, understanding the mechanism through which the information is generated gives insights into creation of our own universe, and lends credibility to some of the ambiguous, "troll like" statements in religious scriptures which describe the creation of the universe

tl;dr - its exactly like the movie "back to the future", but without the technology/ability to send physical objects. the only "things" that experience any change, are the things sent back in time. after the sender clicks "submit", nothing happens.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 am
Profile E-mail