It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884
Class: Gunner

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
Post Effect and Cause
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... pens-cause

So, it's been observed that causes can occur after effects. I'm not sure if this is the first time that's been observed, but it's cool nonetheless. Still, I'm not sure where to begin a discussion on it, so... /discuss.

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Effect and Cause
Mhmm... I've heard of the concept. It's pretty cool tbh, mind fudging as well though.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Quantum Physics, where the universe screams "FUCK YOU COMMON SENSE".

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

this is where i get to say "i told you so"

its funny because i gave everyone the answers before the proof was found.

without causality the universe cannot physically exist, it is a fabrication. imagined.

i realise how arrogant it may seem to proclaim this without proof, but as you all know the proof comes afterwards.

once quantum erasure is incorporated into the experiment design, along with a way to store/preserve the "entangled or not" information, quantum communication will be reality. except you get all the messages as soon as you open them, even if they havent been sent yet.

personally i think they'll use the double slit experiment method to paint particles on slides in a "particle" pattern without interference (and without observing the slides), and once a few thousand have been done, delete the corresponding "which path" information for select plates, and then observe the plates to see if the pattern has changed, each plate should correspond to a binary digit so the limit to how much information can be sent should only be limited by the number of plates

because the distance seperating the plates from the recorded "which path" information doesnt matter, information could be sent to other planets instantaneously

after that, they'll observe the plates first, and will receive the first ever message from the future (which may change it. the act of receiving the message may prevent its origin)

Last edited by landswimmer on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

landswimmer wrote:

its funny because i gave everyone the answers before the proof was found.

without causality the universe cannot physically exist, it is a fabrication. imagined.

i realise how arrogant it may seem to proclaim this without proof, but as you all know the proof comes afterwards.

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter does it?

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

Post you can call me the doctor
Visorak wrote:
Yeah, but it doesn't really matter does it?

read the bit about quantum erasure

i figured i'd post it, so once they encorporate it into the design i can claim i knew about it

i dont have the resources to build it myself

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Cool, I like time travel.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:

me too.

especially since the most likely message to be sent back in time (once tested and operational) is the "master code" to the universe, a compliation of all the physics knowledge along with designs and explanations of all the technology humanity will need to unlock FTL travel, and all the other "space" goodies that we need to reach other stars. it doesnt need to be invented, we just need to receive the messages, test the technologies and only "send back" the messages that are correct.

spontaneous knowledge through virtual universes sending information back in time.

and all with just a few hundred thousand plates, saved to be used only for scientific knowledge and equations, along with cosmological events like supernovae and other things difficult to observe

thats if it works. if it doesnt allow information to travel back in time it will still be useful for instantaneous communication.

if it does work, 50$ says the first equation sent back will be "1/0"

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:
Visorak wrote:

me too.

especially since the most likely message to be sent back in time (once tested and operational) is the "master code" to the universe, a compliation of all the physics knowledge along with designs and explanations of all the technology humanity will need to unlock FTL travel, and all the other "space" goodies that we need to reach other stars. it doesnt need to be invented, we just need to receive the messages, test the technologies and only "send back" the messages that are correct.

spontaneous knowledge through virtual universes sending information back

and all with just a few hundred thousand plates, saved to be used only for scientific knowledge and equations, along with cosmological events like supernovae and other things difficult to observe

thats if it works. if it doesnt allow information to travel back in time it will still be useful for instantaneous communication.

if it does work, 50$ says the first equation sent back will be "1/0"

Or I bet those in control of said plates will have the sense to not send information back to the past. in time, unless ofcourse those people don't like their version of the present.

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 am
Profile E-mail

well, as long as the information is sent back only after it is proven to be truthful and only used to send back information about questions that have been asked, the information should spontaneously create itself from virtual universes

basically its the same as using the casimir effect to take energy from the virtual particles which populate empty space, but instead of energy you're taking useable information in a coherent form

in other words, "asking god", or "communicating with parallel universes" because the source of the information doesnt actually exist, the information received is the only aspect of those universes which exists to the observer

it could also be seen as "looking at the elder scrolls" or "the physical universe's version of google"

that also opens the possibility that our universe exists because a question was asked in another, since "virtual" universes and "real" universes can only be defined by the level of control the observer of that universe has (in virtual universes, they absolute, or near absolute control, like in SS. in real universes they are constrained by the rules of that universe, like the AI in SS. the AI interact, and experience *no emotions though, just simple programming, kinda like bacteria. though they may experience their shield bar and energy bar as "feelings", since they cannot process the information themselves and react to it, they just do what they are programmed to. and to claim humans are any different would be to ignore everything we know about neuroscience* the AI have a form of conciousness)

it could be possible that "1/0=?" is the question, and all possible observable universes are the answer, time flows backwards from the answer to the question though we perceive it to flow forward

as an atheist, its fucking irritating to have science flow into theology, as all the bullshit "retroviral-like additions" to the truthful ideas tends to discredit anything they're attached to, which is partly why quantum mechanics has been known for almost 100 years yet mainstream science and the public is only just starting to understand it, and while the religious people of the world follow scriptures which contain meaningful analogies and explanations of the world, those religious people are utterly unable to figure out why, and are left saying things like "god works in mysterious ways" and being incapable of turning those explanations in to workable technologies, or even theories which can be tested.

with that said, as an atheist, its even funnier still noticing that einstein himself realised this
Quote:
"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

he knew people were not ready to hear it. they soon will be.

if any person who ever lived deserves the title "messiah/christ" it would be einstein.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:01 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

landswimmer wrote:

I stopped there. Waaaaay to much douche in that single sentence.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:20 am
Profile E-mail

Chaosking3 wrote:
landswimmer wrote:

cool story bro.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

landswimmer wrote:
Chaosking3 wrote:
landswimmer wrote:

cool story bro.

Now get in the van.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:05 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

DB YOU ARE A GENIUS PLEASE TEACH US EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE SINCE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING KTHX

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884
Class: Gunner

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
Sigh~

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail