It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

Post Re: Something we can all agree on
Jesus 2.0 wrote:

More people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning then deaths DIRECTLY linked to marijuana use EVER. Gang related violence over drug deals gone bad don't count simply because if it were legal there would be no gang related violence over it.

There is a former Sheriff who has joined the fight to legalize it, he goes around doing talks at police stations and asks a couple questions. One being, "How many of you have encountered violent marijuana users", he rarely sees a hand raise. Next is "How many of you have encountered violent drunks?" everyone quickly raises their hand.

Personally I'm two weeks without smoke but thats money issues. If Marijuana were truly addictive would it be possible for me to go two weeks without it? It's listed as more dangerous and addicting then both cocaine and heroine... I hate to admit it but I have suffered through and beat a cocaine addiction, Marijuana more addictive? Give me a moment to die from laughter.

On that note, is it a gateway drug? In its current form yes it is. But not because I get high and think "Oh I should go buy this crack/crystal meth/heroine/powder/LSD because it sounds like a good idea!" It is a gateway drug ONLY because I have to go to the same type(and often the same person) who sells those drugs, these people are salesman, they make their money convincing people to come back and by more of their product. It only makes sense that they would try to push the other stuff on me too.

I would have written exactly this, if I wasn't too lazy.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: yellow
Level: 1703

It's mentally Addiciting not physically. Also cigerattes are said to be more addicting then heroine and crack.

Just because it dosen't kill you doesn't mean it's healthily :D

God I hate ipods.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 am
Profile E-mail

blacker2359 wrote:
It's mentally Addiciting not physically. Also cigerattes are said to be more addicting then heroine and crack.

God I hate ipods.

Again, it is not. It produces an enjoyable feeling, much the same ways Video games, exercise and sex do. Granted some people do become addicted to those things and experience withdraw like symptoms without it, but they don't go rob a liquor store to pay their Gym fees.

And who gives two shits if its not healthy? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do to MY body? Thats something for me and my Dr. to decide not the federal or even state government.

Saying the Government has a right to tell me what I can and can't put in my body as a responsible adult is no different then them trying to introduce thought crime laws. And because the sheeple of the United States just nodded and cheered when it was "linked" to communism and later on terrorism(which is BS, I know for a fact 80% of my pot comes from a farm in North Carolina as does most pot in my state) just goes to show that most people don't know what they're talking about.

There is a reason several European countries have even all out legalized it or at the very least decriminalized it. Yet in the US its a schedule 1 narcotic? Anyone with two rocks to rub together for brains can tell you pot is not in the same category as Meth, Cocaine and Heroine.

Quote:
Schedule I

(a) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
(b) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(c) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

First lets address A, high potential for abuse. When I think drug abuse I think of people selling off possessions and eventually whoring themselves out to fund their habit. I've seen real drug abuse, stoners are not abusers.

B, no currently accepted medical us in treatment. Ignoring California's medical marijuana laws(which the DEA still thinks it has a legal right to raid state liscensed distributors); in the mid 80's MCV, one of the most highly respected medical colleges in the country, did some research and found that it helps to kill off cancerous cells in lab mice when coupled with other treatments. They also recorded that it helped relieve pain without the nasty side effects of prescription drugs, increased hunger in Chemo patients, relieved inflammation and generally resulted in a high quality of living for terminally ill cancer patients without stuffing them full of hundreds of dollars of meds in which half of them are only there to counter the side effects of another med.

C, I leave you with this which could also be applied to B...

Quote:
Speaking to The New York Times in a January 19, 2010 article entitled, “Researchers Find Medical Study of Marijuana Discouraged,” NIDA spokeswoman Shirley Simson said: “As the National Institute on Drug Abuse, our focus is primarily on the negative consequences of marijuana use. We generally do not fund research focused on the potential beneficial medical effects of marijuana.”

The NIDA is the government organization that has to sign off on the governments stash of research marijuana... anyone else see a problem?

TL;DR

Don't trust what you hear in school from DARE officers and teachers who are payed to teach that shit. Do your own research and learn how fucked over the system is.

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:05 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901
Class: Engineer

I'm still stuck on the fact he said Marijuana is not healthy...Shit Caffeine is more addicting, more unhealthy, and kills more people each year. You find me a single person who has died from smoking too much bud and I might agree with you.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Last edited by Mofouler87 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 am

Team: None
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2684
Class: Speed Demon

Jesus 2.0 wrote:
And who gives two shits if its not healthy? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do to MY body? Thats something for me and my Dr. to decide not the federal or even state government.

I agree with everything else you said in this post, so I'll just comment on this.

As long as you are paying for your own healthcare, then of course you should be able to do whatever you want with your body, as long as it does not affect anyone else.

However, once you give up the responsibility of paying for your healthcare, and push that responsibility onto other individuals through the government, they have the responsibility to impose rules on you to see that their money is being spent in a wise manner.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 am

SerjicalStrike wrote:
Jesus 2.0 wrote:

I agree with everything else you said in this post, so I'll just comment on this.

As long as you are paying for your own healthcare, then of course you should be able to do whatever you want with your body, as long as it does not affect anyone else.

However, once you give up the responsibility of paying for your healthcare, and push that responsibility onto other individuals through the government, they have the responsibility to impose rules on you to see that their money is being spent in a wise manner.

I can agree with this, and I'm not saying you don't but this argument should also be applied to everything from drinking too much soda to getting drunk on the weekends. The problem is that those against legal pot don't see it like that, its earned this stigma as the proverbial root of all evil and makes it extremely difficult to convince people otherwise.

Also, Serj agreed with me. :mrgreen:

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

Weed is bad because it robs you of your ambitions...
10 years fly by while you are content getting high! bit like playing SS really :)

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836

blacker2359 wrote:

God I hate ipods.

YELLOW HAS RETURNED!!!!!

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:12 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Johnston V2
Level: 2324
Class: Fleet Commander

Bastamental wrote:

YELLOW HAS RETURNED!!!!!

blacker2359 wrote:
Dumb ass...

Last edited by cej1120con
on January 1st, 1337, 6:66 am, edited over 9000 times in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail