It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Post Re: kony 2012 (african nation dictator) cont. part 2

Last edited by Camsy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Or another favourite of mine:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

kilua wrote:
Instead of looking and focusing the lights on something that has already been fought and removed from Uganda which is Joseph Kony, people should talk about and See with their eyes what's going on in Syria..

the kony vid is really a "test", if it is successful, social media platforms may become much more powerful in terms of "highlighting" stuff like the events in syria

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

I Have just a little question... When there were Demonstrations in Libya, U.S. did something about it and sent some troops to help stopping Qaddafi, am i right??

Why isn't the same being done here? why don't they do the same for Syria??

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2684

landswimmer wrote:
kilua wrote:
Instead of looking and focusing the lights on something that has already been fought and removed from Uganda which is Joseph Kony, people should talk about and See with their eyes what's going on in Syria..

the kony vid is really a "test", if it is successful, social media platforms may become much more powerful in terms of "highlighting" stuff like the events in syria

The Kony video is a test in war propaganda. It is shedding light on someone who has basically been off the radar for 6 years, while keeping in the shadows the atrocities of the current Ugandan leaders.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 am

kilua wrote:
I Have just a little question... When there were Demonstrations in Libya, U.S. did something about it and sent some troops to help stopping Qaddafi, am i right??

Why isn't the same being done here? why don't they do the same for Syria??

because everyone bitched so hard about the fact the US was in libya.

thats the problem with the middle east. too many fundamentalist cunts trying to take control, so whatever is happening is always "something bad"

when the US doesnt go in, they look bad, when they DO go in, they look worse

its impossible to please people who are only looking for an excuse to stab you in the back. islam itself resembles the republican party in the US. 90% are good, honest people who dont have a fucking clue what the leaders are doing, and the other 10% deserve to be fucking shot, for their attempts to cause conflict for their own gains (political, or otherwise)

tl;dr - the US was criticised for intervening in libya, and people criticise things when they dont want them to happen again. and so the US is complying, because they know that if they do anything in syria, they will again become the bad guys

its a choice between being the bad guy, or being the bystander, say what you will about american "interference" in other countries but when it is gone, everyone will miss it, and global politics will change.

american imperialism is dead (and it will either shrink slowly under ron paul, or explode into WW3 under santorum/romney), and just like when roman imperialism died, the world will change.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 am
Profile E-mail

Why was your tl;dr longer then what was too long to read?

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 am
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:

american imperialism is dead (and it will either shrink slowly under ron paul, or explode into WW3 under santorum/romney), and just like when roman imperialism died, the world will change.

Imperialism is alive and well under Obama.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 am

Jesus 2.0 wrote:
Why was your tl;dr longer then what was too long to read?

because "same shit, worded differently" doesnt have its own well known acronym

@serj - i say "is dead" in a "soon to be" sense, as in if ron paul doesnt end it, the inevitable conflict with iran WILL. and this may sound patronising but government is 1% president 99% congress, obama has very little to do with most things that have been in place for decades prior to him being elected...

what are your thoughts on eisenhower?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 am
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:

what are your thoughts on eisenhower?

Is there a specific part of his presidency you are asking me about or just Eisenhower's presidency in general?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 pm

his warnings of the military industrial complex in his last address

he failed to stop them so he warned us about it, not everything the president does is in the public eye

so the way i see it, its not the 2 party conflict that matters, democrat or republican is largely irrelevant as BOTH parties have been "infested" with puppets

rather than opposing one party, people need to start opposing specific behaviours, specific actions

we must abandon the idea that PEOPLE are bad, and recognise the truth that only their actions can be judged.

you can hate the things obama does but there is always the chance that he IS working for the people and he DOES care, and that people buying into the 2 party conflict serves only to draw attention away from the real reason the USA is on the brink of collapse

like an animal filled with parasites, the problem is not the indecision between the animal's urges, the problem is the parasites, which redirect resources and control which urges the animal follows, killing it slowly.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506

Well, i guess that's quite reasonable answer.. Thank you,

Today i've been discussing the Syria subject with my uncles and my dad.(Quite old people who know something but are considered top tier philosophers)

Anyway, what i heard from them, is that the leader of Syria, is using Religion to support him, made up religion.. He promises the people who follow him that if they killed any Sunni Muslim they get a guaranteed spot in Heaven or something like this,, which could mean that Iran benefits from this, because 90% of Iran's population is Shia's, and when most Syrian Sunnis die, that means Shia's percentage in Syria will increase.

And when it comes to religious bonds 'to my experience' Shia's actually almost praise other shia's like them, and when you make almost all Iran love most syrian people, you make them allied, the point i'm trying to get to here... is Syria is connected to iran, and also Syria is on the boarder of Palestine (Israel)... you figure out the rest.

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile E-mail

kilua wrote:
Well, i guess that's quite reasonable answer.. Thank you,

Today i've been discussing the Syria subject with my uncles and my dad.(Quite old people who know something but are considered top tier philosophers)

Anyway, what i heard from them, is that the leader of Syria, is using Religion to support him, made up religion.. He promises the people who follow him that if they killed any Sunni Muslim they get a guaranteed spot in Heaven or something like this,, which could mean that Iran benefits from this, because 90% of Iran's population is Shia's, and when most Syrian Sunnis die, that means Shia's percentage in Syria will increase.

And when it comes to religious bonds 'to my experience' Shia's actually almost praise other shia's like them, and when you make almost all Iran love most syrian people, you make them allied, the point i'm trying to get to here... is Syria is connected to iran, and also Syria is on the boarder of Palestine (Israel)... you figure out the rest.

its all about perspective, the war mongering nutjobs need to be made aware of the "proper" perspective from which war must be viewed, IE, the perspective of those involved in it

the idea that war is horrible, and should be avoided at all costs

and if the people of both sides dont realise this, the universe will make them realise it in a way which reflects the violent, pointless idiocy of religious hatred

to me it seems almost like a ploy, by people in charge, to force whatever "god" exists to reveal itself

they will expect a man with a beard and wisdom of the ages. what they will receive is an idea, the proper perspective. and they will receive it at the tip of a rifle, held by pissed off civilian armies of both sides which remain after the technology and industrial military capabilities of all sides have been expended. fundamentalism breeds fundamentalism and fundamentalists are the the single most dangerous thing anyone can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ww3XH4zEg

for the trolls: some will think i pulled this from my ass, and they are correct if you consider the world "my ass", because "my ass" is full of shit relating to this and when the calm of peace is gone, the world will shit itself. in the throes of war, humanity will realise the truths of existence, partly because the message will be clearer and more obvious, and partly because without this knowledge humanity is doomed to regress to its "pre-historical" state, a return to tribalism

the only way to win is to not get involved. every man woman and child who takes up arms will be destroyed. not by gods wrath, but by each other. which from a buddhist context is incorrect their destruction is soely due to gods "wrath", because concious minds ARE god, time and space are spontaneously generated from the mind of the human who first imagined himself and the whole of buddhism is written for this perspective. the "all powerful god" is you. it is every human you know. all created from the same template to act in similar ways. god judges himself, through us, we are his reflection and through this "perception of infinite self" he creates and destroys freely, without reference to cause and effect, creating things independent of time.

humanity is its own judge, jury and executioner and humanity's ignorance of its true self, all that exists is the conciousness, everything else exists as a fabrication, something imagined, a reflection of the original conciousness and every single reflection points back to its origin

the world will only be destroyed if people want it to be destroyed. there is no singular origin. every concious being on earth, generated its own universe which intermeshes with the worlds of similar beings which imagined similar worlds

that which you wish upon the world, will happen to you. "you" "god" and "the world" are all reflections of the same thing.

and "for the trolls" is "for the skeptics". "god" is wise enough to give alternate plausible reasoning for events because only through non beleif can a person find their true self, without trying to ascribe to any "divine requirements"

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

Yea apparently its fake.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 am