It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: message sent using neutrinos, etc
Visorak wrote:
SkyTitan wrote:
And that magnetic field bit... I'm just going to take it as proof that physicists have no idea what they're doing. I'm looking forward to scientists discovering that the higgs boson doesn't exist. I also can't wait for them to figure out that electrons are not elementary particles.
Just... What exactly makes you more knowledgeable about this than the supposed experts?

his own misconception that science is all "one theory" which "everyone beleives".

@ skytitan - scientists dont have trouble discerning theories from laws, YOU DO. OTHER PEOPLE DO.

in short, GO BECOME A SCIENTIST OR SHUT THE FUCK UP

YOU THINK THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG? YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER?

FUCKING DO IT. GO SHOW THEM HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS.

and the focus of the article isnt "IT DOES THIS BECAUSE IT DOES", the focus is "HOLY SHIT, IT DOES THIS, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?"

because 60 tesla is fucking huge, the most powerful permanent magnets we have can only manage 1 tesla

its a freak of nature

a phenomenon.

not a theory.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 am
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:
his own misconception that science is all "one theory" which "everyone beleives".
Nothing of the sort. I believe that a majority of the human race is damned and they can't see why. They all think alike, and if I had a way to explain it without you losing interest I would. Also, yes all of physics is explained by a single theory. That's the one theory I'm talking about.
@ skytitan - scientists dont have trouble discerning theories from laws, YOU DO. OTHER PEOPLE DO.
Fuck off, yes they do. They ask all the time "when does a theory become a law" Know what the scientists respond with? "A law is a theory that has been tested over a large number of (blah blah blah)" They can't tell the shit apart. They don't know that laws are observations. A better explanation is how it do. (that's more or less the actual meaning of the word, to add insult...)
in short, GO BECOME A SCIENTIST OR SHUT THE FUCK UP
Run at me bro. An insane amount of time left on this planet compared to you. If that weren't the case I'd warn you that it'd be dangerous. Can't trust me with the next step up from the nuclear bomb. Also, you think becoming a scientist just happens? As if I could just right now, instantly be a scientist. Really? They'll tell you you're a scientist if you follow their method (which didn't actually exist even 50 fucking years ago) just like a religious death cult would tell you.
YOU THINK THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG? YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER?
Yeah, I do.
I've learned that people don't like it when you outright tell them they're morons and that they're doing it wrong to their face
and the focus of the article isnt "IT DOES THIS BECAUSE IT DOES", the focus is "HOLY SHIT, IT DOES THIS, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?"
Yeah, and I'm saying they're morons for not being able to understand it. Read the fucking post before you respond. You didn't even have the decency to read the tl;dr... did you?
because 60 tesla is fucking huge 1 tesla is fucking huge, the most powerful permanent magnets we have can only manage 1 tesla Wrong. If you're talking about 'cheapy' neodymium magnets, sure, but the best is around 6 teslas.

its a freak of nature
It's a natural outcome of the configuration
a phenomenon.
Obviously.
not a theory.
Never said it was... I went so far as to explain that theories are not observations... Go be a scientist, you can't tell the difference between law and theory either.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:47 am
Profile E-mail

something tells me that if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, and were right, that someone would have recognised it by now and given you a job

and if you understand this shit so well, WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU GET A DEGREE SO YOU CAN PROVE IT, AND MAKE MONEY FROM IT?

you can throw words all you like but your actions will always speak louder.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

SkyTitan wrote:
landswimmer wrote:
I've learned that people don't like it when you outright tell them they're morons and that they're doing it wrong to their face
:|

I wonder why!

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:40 am
Profile WWW

The green text from the random high schooler putting down people that have spent almost their entire lives in one field makes me giggle.

landswimmer wrote:
you know that even if you're wrong, they're more wrong. which makes you right.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Jesus 2.0 wrote:
The green text from the random high schooler putting down people that have spent almost their entire lives in one field makes me giggle.

We can't all be as smart as SkyTitan.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

landswimmer wrote:
something tells me that if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, and were right, that someone would have recognised it by now and given you a job
You don't understand how this works, do you? Scientist is not a job, you moron. You don't go to a job interview to be a scientist. Researcher maybe, but scientist no. And researchers don't go around making new theories about physics. Nope, they're given a problem and told to solve it.
and if you understand this shit so well, WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU GET A DEGREE SO YOU CAN PROVE IT, AND MAKE MONEY FROM IT?
Hmm... a degree in fucked up logic... let's see... if I understand how the universe works, it automaticly means that people who don't understand it will say I do? Sure... Thesis papers... but sure... It's so obvious, let's take a class about giving the wrong answers to prove I have the right ones. And let's do it so I can be hired by a guy who wants the wrong answers, all in an atempt to persue the right answers. Wow, that would work amazingly well.
you can throw words all you like but your actions will always speak louder.
>:D

Visorak wrote:

It's true. If they were, no one would know how to operate toasters. And quite frankly, I like toast.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail

if you understand the universe in terms that you cannot communicate to other humans

THEN YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE.

science is peer-reviewed for a reason.

if you cant explain the things you understand, in a way that they understand, then in what way can you say you understand it?

your predictions are often true? then EXPLAIN WHY AND HOW.

dont fucking sit back claiming "nah, you're doing it wrong, herp derp, i'd show you but NAAAAHHHHHH DUDE"

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

SkyTitan is trolling DB. You had me believe you for a few seconds, but your argument was so stupid it couldn't be genuine.

8/10

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Aww, man you ruined it. It was funny seeing DB get all worked up.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:35 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
SkyTitan wrote:
Visorak wrote:

It's true. If they were, no one would know how to operate toasters. And quite frankly, I like toast.

Wait, so if they were all as smart as you, then they would no longer know how to operate toasters?

Boomerang Troll: It came right back and hit you. >.<
That one's going to cost you in the final troll score.

6/10

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

skytitan...i love you

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 am

Threaten wrote:
skytitan...i love you

you see that last post i made?

i said it to skytitan. and to you. and to a whole bunch of other people.

whether you choose to ignore it or not, i still got to say it

and alot more people viewed the thread than posted, and the things i said apply to science in general

so who really won?

i mean, if you're ignoring it then you're just letting the people who listen to be me further dragged out of "how you see things" until you find out you're an outcast, ignored by everyone because the only comment you can manage is "YEAH, FUCK THAT GUY"

by not internalising what i am saying, you are perpetuating the externalisation of it, and reducing your own credibility (because to you what may seem one way, to others seems different, and criticism delivered upon what you may see as "justifiable grounds" may to other people seem unjustified, making you look like a fuckwit)

to "be the bigger man" and ignore it is the best course of action, it spares you the degradation of being the douchebag in the corner who occasionally screams "YEAH, FUCK THAT GUY"

so go on, say it again, continue your fruitless attempts to shame me into silence, because thats what you're doing, and everyone knows it. you arent the hero here buddy.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153

You didn't win. At all.

You got trolled.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:04 am

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840

Jesus 2.0 wrote:

lmfAO ROFL FUCKING WAFFLE wow,,, awsome bill nye shiznit i lold and broke a forehead vein T,T lol ow

there needs to be an A between There's and Science ,, more lol then

Last edited by Fallen- on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 am
Profile E-mail