It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:26 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Post Nintendo 3DS
Your thoughts. Is it worth it? Will there ever be enough good games to justify it? What are those games?

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 am
Profile WWW

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Nintendo 3DS
Never played it but I find that the only games worth going hand held for are the super simple ones like Zelda, Pokemon and Adv Wars. When a hand held tries to go good graphics and indepth play it fails miserably to console.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

3DS is all around crappy. Of course I would say the same of the DSi, as well. Everything after the DSLite is total garbage in my opinion simply because the added useless(internet/camera when I, and everyone else, has a phone with it) or trivial elements(like 3D). Oh and about the 3D function; it is so low quality and unattractive that I usually just turned it off whenever I used the system.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 am
Profile E-mail

Main: FracOMac
Level: 3361
Class: Engineer

I have a lot of fun with my 3ds (the built in streetpass game is a lot of fun on a college campus) but most of the games I was looking forward to when I bought it still haven't had release dates announced yet.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 am

Chaosking3 wrote:
When a hand held tries to go good graphics and indepth play it fails miserably to console.

Wrong, before now handhelds have lacked in delivering that due to a lack of processing power. The PSVita delivers what was missing and from the games I have played on it so far the Vita is going to smash nintendo. The Vita feels nothing like a portable game, in fact. It has the look and feel of playing an actual fully developed console game.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 am
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

FracOMac wrote:
I have a lot of fun with my 3ds (the built in streetpass game is a lot of fun on a college campus) but most of the games I was looking forward to when I bought it still haven't had release dates announced yet.

I was gonna say about the same thing. I got my 3DS when I worked at a place that sold them last summer. I originally wasn't going to get one until they had a deal where you got a gift card when you bought it and I got my 15% off discount. I got the 3DS and Zelda OoT for cheaper than the system was selling for at the time.

Right now the 3DS serves an odd social function, you "streetpass" people and can play little games with it. I'd say if you've got the money and you don't have a DSi/DS Lite/DSi XL and you're in the market for something that can play DS games, I'd just upgrade to the 3ds.

Image Image

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

The 3DS would've been cool maybe 5 or 10 years ago. The PSP line of handhelds is far more advanced than Nintendo can hope to be.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:59 am
Profile E-mail

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

I agree with shawn, the PSVita has such amazing graphics and gameplay it feels as if you are playing on a console. The 3DS is fun for a while but it's not really amazing or anything, the only reason I'd buy a 3DS would be to play "classic" games like mario zelda etc.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 am
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

I agree the PSVita is pretty slick, I just strongly dislike the lack of backwards compatibility on the system, the exclusive memory, and just how damn expensive it is for games I'd rarely play.

On the 3DS you really need to be a fan of a Nintendo series to want a 3DS. I will fully admit I am waiting for Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts 3D (yep, I like games meant for 10 year olds, get over it). If I wasn't waiting for specific games, or the series I was interested in wasn't a Nintendo exclusive I wouldn't have grabbed a 3DS at all. I mean, the only reason I have the old phat PSP is for Square Enix games and I didn't pick one up finally until last year.

Mobile gaming in my opinion is moving towards small games like angry birds and mobile phone gaming. I think we're slowly seeing a transition away from the mobile dedicated consoles (DS, PSP).

Now, was it the PSVita where you could start a game on your ps3 and then carry it onto your PSVita to take with you on the go? I heard this somewhere that sony was thinking of this (or I was just silly and dreamed it). That would make a PSVita's value skyrocket if I could take a console game with me on the go, even with limited functionality.

Image Image

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

bageese wrote:
I agree the PSVita is pretty slick, I just strongly dislike the lack of backwards compatibility on the system, the exclusive memory, and just how damn expensive it is for games I'd rarely play.

On the 3DS you really need to be a fan of a Nintendo series to want a 3DS. I will fully admit I am waiting for Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts 3D (yep, I like games meant for 10 year olds, get over it). If I wasn't waiting for specific games, or the series I was interested in wasn't a Nintendo exclusive I wouldn't have grabbed a 3DS at all. I mean, the only reason I have the old phat PSP is for Square Enix games and I didn't pick one up finally until last year.

Mobile gaming in my opinion is moving towards small games like angry birds and mobile phone gaming. I think we're slowly seeing a transition away from the mobile dedicated consoles (DS, PSP).

Now, was it the PSVita where you could start a game on your ps3 and then carry it onto your PSVita to take with you on the go? I heard this somewhere that sony was thinking of this (or I was just silly and dreamed it). That would make a PSVita's value skyrocket if I could take a console game with me on the go, even with limited functionality.

You're my hero now.

Si.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile E-mail