It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:25 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post Why are people so $%#$ing stupid?
I found this article/blog post/thing a long time ago, but recently found it again. I instantly bookmarked it, because (to me) it makes a lot of sense. I really suggest you all read it, and take it to heart, even if it's a bit long.

Essentially, it says that we're ALL stupid in some way or another. This is not because we're inherently incapable of understanding, but rather that were raised in different circumstances, and have been trained and morphed into not being capable of understanding.

That's a very rough summary, but i still find it insightful. Take a look, if you like: http://www.prettyfedup.com/pfu/philosop ... stupid.htm

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:38 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Why are people so $%#$ing stupid?
stupidity is "neurological" obesity, instead of "too much fat" in the body, its "too much self-contradictory bullshit" in the head

you eat too much food, you gain weight. you either eat crappy food because you like it or you try to eat healthy food to lose weight.

you beleive too much bullshit, you start to become full of it, and you either dive right in and become a dogmatic single minded fuckwit, or you start rationally judging everything you beleive and do

the information you "hear/read" is like the mind's equivalent of "food"

and you are what you eat.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 am
Profile E-mail