It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:39 am

Should we reset all players levels and skills and $ and items back to 0 after this universe?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
No 82%  82%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 56

Post StarSonata.... Game Reset
After all this time playing, and all the game changing and getting easier, i think it's time for a reset. Everyone is always complaining about "aww no more pvp." Well now there could be. everyone starting over, with equal chances. teams could be reestablished with the same people, but those people might now gain levels fast enough to stand up to a newly- made team. We would have to trade using slaves to make $- and bases wouldnt happen till about a week or two into the universe. who wants to?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:14 am

exactly. part of the economy would be destroyed and players would leave... BUT! think of all the amazing players who have left of their own accord? That wouldn't happen again. This would mainly depend if the admins (like arrow said) took this oppertunity to balance the things out. Admins, take a uni or two to plan out a new universe. consult the playerbase- get socially ACTIVE! and most of all, take this SERIOUSLY

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:35 am

This is an awful idea.... TONS of people would quit and some of us would lose YEARS of work.... Hell no. An alternative idea would be to start another server where everyone can start fresh.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:53 am

ya... good point with the other server. but all the gigabytes needed for that woud require new computers. as in StarSonata Long Post, people complain "i wish it was like it was a few years ago"

THEN MAKE IT A FEW YEARS AGO!!! YOU COMPLAIN THEN YOU SAY NO TO SOMEONE WHO TRIES NO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

if you dont want to start over- DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW IT USED TO BE!

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:58 am
Officer

Team: None
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2007
Class: Speed Demon

Who would give me a refund of the r/l cash i have paid?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:08 am

real cash? real cash for playing time? well, youd still get to play. most people dont play anymore. they make bigger empires that are harder to kill and thats it. p2p is basically gone. you could still pay to play and level up.. only it would actually be a CHALLENGE! it would be FUN!

any other cash you spent on items... like sending some1 $5 for a bil, is wasted anyway, it basically cheats urself to uberness, and i think should be a bannable offense. a game is a game and should NOT interact with real life

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:12 am
Officer

Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2007
Class: Speed Demon

I have paid for a game, to go so far in the game. How would you like it if you bought a game that you could not advance on? you played it for months or years, and then EVERYTHING you had done, gets reset...would you get bored? i know i would

/Definately not

I will certainly leave if this happened

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:16 am

Main: Goz
Level: 1564
Class: Berserker

I dont even need to explain why this shouldent be done

/never ever not once in my lifetime no

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:18 am
Profile WWW

i actually neutral in this matter... but people keep on making posts about how the game is dead and when somebody wants to revive it they say NO! I DONT WANT TO LOSE WHAT IVE GOTTEN SO FAR!! THE ADMINS SHOULD CHANGE EVERYTHING THE WAY I WANT IT!!

too bad. IF YOU HATE THE WAY THE GAME IS DEGENERATING, THEN RESET IT! IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE, DONT COMPLAIN!

the fact is, the game IS degenerating. the only reason the admins keep changing everything to your way is so they can keep the game going. the reason they barely read the forums anymore is because they keep getting complaints but uf they actually FIXED THE GAME THE BEST WAY BY RESETTING IT A FEW PEOPLE WOULD QUIT!

they are that dependant on your money.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:26 am

when was the last war? when did the last superpower fall? WoC, a few years back. when did the last player look at himself in the mirror and say WOW im having fun building a base. im having fun making slaves. im having fun doing everything except fighting and the only time I fight is to et uber items from Iq' bana or the MS. or an izer BP from sputty!

PVP is dead

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:32 am

If you think PvP is truly dead, why don't you resurrect it? Level up, make a team, fight people. A lot of teams have small wars between them every once in a while. Just because they don't broadcast it to everyone doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

~Tengu

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:12 am