It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we reset all players levels and skills and $ and items back to 0 after this universe?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
No 82%  82%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 56

Team: None
Main: Arsonist
Level: 234
Class: Engineer

Reseting the game : NO!

Same reason Apoc stated.

And if anymore F2P noobs post stupid shit like that im going to get The Incredible Noob geared up. :wink:

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:41 pm

Diffrent Servers : Yes

Same reason Apoc stated.

And if anymore F2P noobs post stupid shit like that im going to get The Incredible Noob geared up. :wink:

First of all arg, why cant people spell my names and second I thinkg you should gear up for some f2p ass whooping anyway :twisted:

-Apotheosis

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:25 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: StarSonata.... Game Reset
plasmite wrote:
After all this time playing, and all the game changing and getting easier, i think it's time for a reset. Everyone is always complaining about "aww no more pvp." Well now there could be. everyone starting over, with equal chances. teams could be reestablished with the same people, but those people might now gain levels fast enough to stand up to a newly- made team. We would have to trade using slaves to make $- and bases wouldnt happen till about a week or two into the universe. who wants to?

...says the f2p leecher...

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:31 am

DroneMaster wrote:
Diffrent Servers : Yes

Same reason Apoth stated.

First of all arg, why cant people spell my names and second I thinkg you should gear up for some f2p ass whooping anyway :twisted:

-Apotheosis

Feel better now?

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:33 am

put this in perspective, you paid for a game. a GAME, whats the purpose of a game? to have imaginary money and cool stuff? or to have FUN??

your paying for a game thats getting progressively less fun, and what if it was reset to a more fun state... you would have more fun for years to come levling up and such... but oh noez all my imaginary money is gone...

you dont want to all that hard work you spent on a game... sounds like its already lost time to me...

i like this idea.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11 am

You know what ? If there was a game reset I would feel as if my motorbike , car, and my savings I earned since last year were taken from me. (well not as bad but thats the genral idea)

Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:30 am

A MMO persistent universe is just that. It's persistent. It progresses. It doesn't take a giant leap backwards. The devs have done well to integrate universe resets so (almost) everyone get a chance to start in a fresh universe, to rebuild and explore. I remember playing Earth and Beyond: you got experience for 3 things: combat (easiest), exploration and trade. Exploration and trade were limited since when you'd explored every system and done all the trade missions you were basically stuck. You could still progress them, but it was painfully slow and repetitive. At least with the combat you could hope for a nice drop from a boss. Damn EA. Damn them to hell.
/me wanders off in a state of nostalgia

<- Note my avatar: That is my first character in any mmo. Theurgist the Progen Warrior. Did I mention Damn EA?

Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:40 am

Main: Goz
Level: 1564
Class: Berserker

put this in perspective, you paid for a game. a GAME, whats the purpose of a game? to have imaginary money and cool stuff? or to have FUN??

your paying for a game thats getting progressively less fun, and what if it was reset to a more fun state... you would have more fun for years to come levling up and such... but oh noez all my imaginary money is gone...

you dont want to all that hard work you spent on a game... sounds like its already lost time to me...

i like this idea.

this is because you havent put HOURS into this game like many other peoiple have, if I was lvl 150 and below I would say yes to this, but since im lvl 685 im saying "NO!"

Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 am
Profile WWW

I would only say yes to this if things were less expensize, and they made Rumbles Easier.

And make AI bases buy back for 90%...

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:45 am

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: aware
Level: 348
Class: Berserker

If anyone has played SWG in the past and know what the devs did there, this is kind of the same thing. I quit SWG before this but in my understanding, the devs changed everything in one update, so NONE of the uber items could be used anymore, none of the classes were the same. So basically everyone started over(correct me if i'm wrong I wasn't exactly there). They lost pretty much all the vets and a bunch of other players. SWG had a HUGE player base before this, imagine if SS did this?

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:32 am

Your talking about a playerbase of 400 if it was taken down completely and started again from scratch 3 or 4 months later it would still attract those same 400 people.

I've got progressivly worse on 1 of my chars for the past 8months and I still play albeit on my other chars.

Although I'd have to say if there was a complet reset at this moment in time I probably wouldnt play I'm pretty sure i'd come back eventually and you'd be surprised at the amount of people who would.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:58 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

A game reset is only a temporary solution. In a year or so everything would be back at the same point again. What should we do then? Another game reset? What about players who started playing just a week ago? All they have worked for during that week will be taken away just because a couple high level players are bored?

Get real. Reseting the game isnt even a option.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:49 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next