It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we reset all players levels and skills and $ and items back to 0 after this universe?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
No 82%  82%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 56

Team: None
Main: Goz
Level: 1564
Class: Berserker

if pvp came back this game would be 1000% more interesting and fun

the only reason we dont do pvp is because we dont want to be pwned by uber t20 bases and loose all our gear, wasting bills of creds and loads of time in a few shots! gg 20 can be expensive when you go thru 20 of it on 2 days

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:16 am
Profile WWW

Team: Wexomite Pancakes
Main: nigglet2
Level: 2277
Class: Speed Demon

wow retarded never mk a post liek this again, alot of ppl and i mean alot would quit, years of work and money for p2p membership would be gone

http://minch.justgotowned.com/ <<<lol

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:22 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

Who would give me a refund of the r/l cash i have paid?

You paid to play the game. You did not pay to get the ingame items. If you did, that really should not be allowed, so that is you're fault. You paid for the right to play, you did have that right, so theres nothing for the admins to repay.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nirvana
Level: 2071

plasmite just shut up and go crawl back into your hole

im 100% sure i would quit and 50% ozman1 would quit

so just go back to ur hole and stop makeing ideas before i sick my uber noob on u

Lolwut? wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:
My mother is a space rat, what now?

And that makes you... what, exactly? Canadian?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:55 am

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1371
Class: Gunner

Location: State College, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
PvP is not dead, but it's very gimped by the ability to lose billions of credits of work in an instant, when those billions of credits took a lot longer than that to make.

Resetting the server would be a very big gamble for SS though. They could suffer big losses in doing so, and I can see why they haven't so far. The best bet would be to open another server, disallow character transfers, and have accounts start from level 0 there. Then honestly, they could sort the balance out there, and have the changes there affect the other server. Obviously, this game isn't balanced from the bottom up right now, and giving them a new server to observe could help with that. Once the balance was right on both servers, they could consider a total PvP server and other stuff like that.

Yeah.. that's the other thing I think. PvP and PvE servers. PvP servers would have Emperor, faster money, stuff like that to encourage PvP. PvE servers would be more about doing the content and AI. Again, limited characters transfers or something.

Calypso

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:56 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

On the note of PvP and PvE servers, if you wanted faster money an easy way to do that would be to have the resale rate of ai gear on the PvE to be 50%, and the PvP to be 80%, that means almost double money from capping and from some ai drops. That is about the simplest, most effective way to implement that I think.

Caly, that is a good idea, but SS isnt ready for it quite yet. In all honesty, it is just barely (if it is) out of the beta stage. Once it gets some more stability, that can be considered.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:04 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Wexomite Pancakes
Main: nigglet2
Level: 2277

bluejayek we did pay for item in game, when we p2p then that means we get time to get more stuff and money, if we didnt pay we would be f2p and be going no where, gaining nothing new. so we did pay for everything.

http://minch.justgotowned.com/ <<<lol

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:13 am

my only problem with this idea is that PLASMITE - a player WHO DOES NOT PAY is trying to make a decision that affects THOSE WHO DO PAY greatly. would i quit if this happened? i'd probably use it as a nice excuse to get away from SS for a while, probably not come back, people have been playing for years to get to where they are with the game constantly changing, i don't see why they can't continue with the game as dynamic as it is.

the two servers idea sounds good, but would P2P transfer from one server to the other? wait, that question is getting ahead of itself, all of this is speculation that for all we know hasn't even been considered by the admins (or is on their next list of unannounced updates!(sarcasm))

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:40 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

There's a reason why not a single online game does this....

2 Servers would be nice but I doubt the admins can afford it at this time, more players are needed.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:01 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967
Class: Engineer

Post Re: StarSonata.... Game Reset
plasmite wrote:
After all this time playing, and all the game changing and getting easier, i think it's time for a reset. Everyone is always complaining about "aww no more pvp." Well now there could be. everyone starting over, with equal chances. teams could be reestablished with the same people, but those people might now gain levels fast enough to stand up to a newly- made team. We would have to trade using slaves to make $- and bases wouldnt happen till about a week or two into the universe. who wants to?

did ur father drop you on ya head?

game would be dead if they did a total reset

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647

real cash? real cash for playing time? well, youd still get to play. most people dont play anymore. they make bigger empires that are harder to kill and thats it. p2p is basically gone. you could still pay to play and level up.. only it would actually be a CHALLENGE! it would be FUN!

any other cash you spent on items... like sending some1 $5 for a bil, is wasted anyway, it basically cheats urself to uberness, and i think should be a bannable offense. a game is a game and should NOT interact with real life

plasmite u fucking noob Shut the fuck up. ur a fuckign f2p it wouldnt matter if u resetted ur character. ur just oblivious to us p2p. we have been playing for months sometimes years, we are trying to suceed in this game and for it to be reseted would mean that all that time was spent vainly

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:40 pm

Team: None
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

PvP is not dead, but it's very gimped by the ability to lose billions of credits of work in an instant, when those billions of credits took a lot longer than that to make.

Resetting the server would be a very big gamble for SS though. They could suffer big losses in doing so, and I can see why they haven't so far. The best bet would be to open another server, disallow character transfers, and have accounts start from level 0 there. Then honestly, they could sort the balance out there, and have the changes there affect the other server. Obviously, this game isn't balanced from the bottom up right now, and giving them a new server to observe could help with that. Once the balance was right on both servers, they could consider a total PvP server and other stuff like that.

Yeah.. that's the other thing I think. PvP and PvE servers. PvP servers would have Emperor, faster money, stuff like that to encourage PvP. PvE servers would be more about doing the content and AI. Again, limited characters transfers or something.

Calypso

this would be good, and after a certain amount of time EVERYONES stuff could be moved over so peopoe have a "shot" at getting better

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Location: In a redneck town called Roßdorf. Hessia, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol System.
I would quit if this would happen. I know I am a noob and I didn't spend much time on playing SS like some other uber people. But I mean it is also a LOT of time that would be wasted. And I guess you just suggest it that you can start from scratch and have the same "chances" like everyone. It's really a bad idea. Only thing they could make is a new server.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:05 pm

You dont pay to play the game you play to level up. You can play the geam all you want without paying so the reason anyone pays to surpass the lvl 20 limit and level up. Therefore the only reason anyone pays is to level, not to play.

I would definatley quit and expect and full refund for the reason above. I payed to level up and if you take those levels away I would want my money back and then I would quit.

This has been suggesed before and is the most retarded suggestion that keeps cropping up. Funny enough its alway nooby f2pers that suggest it. Stop spamming the forum with these idiotic suggestions. However a new server with a new uni separate to this one would be good, but I personally wouldnt play on it cause it would be boring and restricted leveling up 2 alts on different servers.

Meh,
Apotheosis

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next