It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:35 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Post would you beleive i knew this if i hadnt spoke of it before?
your emotional state determines how memories are recorded.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 164919.htm

Quote:
The research team, led by Yingxi Lin, a member of the McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT, focused on the Npas4 gene, which previous studies have shown is turned on immediately following new experiences. The gene is particularly active in the hippocampus, a brain structure known to be critical in forming long-term memories.

Lin and her colleagues found that Npas4 turns on a series of other genes that modify the brain's internal wiring by adjusting the strength of synapses, or connections between neurons. "This is a gene that can connect from experience to the eventual changing of the circuit," says Lin, the Frederick and Carole Middleton Career Development Assistant Professor of Brain and Cognitive Sciences.

To investigate the genetic mechanisms of memory formation, the researchers studied a type of learning known as contextual fear conditioning: Mice receive a mild electric shock when they enter a specific chamber. Within minutes, the mice learn to fear the chamber, and the next time they enter it, they freeze.

The researchers showed that Npas4 is turned on very early during this conditioning. "This sets Npas4 apart from many other activity-regulated genes," Lin says. "A lot of them are ubiquitously induced by all these different kinds of stimulations; they are not really learning-specific."

emotions and electrical signals in neurons affect gene switches, which in turn affect neural pathways

your emotional involvement in something dictates how much information you will retain about it.

you cant teach someone who doesnt want to learn, since they control the switches (whether they realise it or not)

i mean, knowing that noone will beleive i knew this ages ago kinda sucks. but to be able to say to all the fucking retards i knew, including my teachers, that i was right, and that their teaching methods fucking suck, and me, with no teaching experience whatsoever knew more about learning than they did...

its like getting a blowjob.
like being able to go back in time and punch the ignorant bastards in the face.
being able to say "i told you so" and have science back you up, is like fucking the prom queen.

knowing you were right, despite what every other cunt told you, and sticking to your guns, and being proven right in the end, is incomparable...

it makes you feel like god. try it some time. let the evidence lead.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

Post Re: would you beleive i knew this if i hadnt spoke of it before?
landswimmer wrote:
it makes you feel like God.

Wait, he doesn't exist, according to you, the one who was right.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 am
Profile E-mail

Mail wrote:
landswimmer wrote:

Timmeh

"all knowing, all powerful" is how it makes you feel.

i rekon god is a human concept for the indistinguishability of the conciousness of anyone from anyone else, the recognition of the fact that in all likelihood, all conciousness is shared, the mind of every concious being in all possible universes throughout all of time.

we can measure most things.

but not the sense of "now" that people have, actually existing in a moment in time, experiencing the mind of what basically amounts to a biological machine.

the fear of unconciousness is unfounded. buddhism is correct in its supposition that "reincarnation" happens, in a way, and the possibility of a moral "flow" of conciousness is unneccesary since all conciousness is one, everything you do, every action that affects another person, will be experienced by the part of you that you call "you" eventually. good and bad.

perfect moral balance. through insane simplicity.

conciousness observes the universe. it literally creates it by observing it from the waveform of the infinite multiverse. the infinite number of possible universes and possible diversifications (changes as time passes, all the different ways a universe can happen and change like ours does)

god is the universe. knowing the universe brings you closer to it.

you get the same feeling when you learn something about the world you always suspected

the bible may be correct in some circumstances, due to the effect of fiction upon future history that has been observed, but it gives you no real understanding of what the universe is

when you die you just move on to different concious being (also, whenever you go to sleep.) you have no control of what you will be or where, what gender, species, or even how many dimensions you will be made up of.

jesus is just some philosopher who got a 12 people to follow him. technically we're all "sons and daughters" of god, the term is meaningless in the proper context.

and the vast majority of the bible is random bullshit pulled together by the roman emperor constantine several hundred years after the death of jesus.

it sucks how the real message gets lost because of fuckheads who like to twist things to their own benefit. jesus never bothered to write anything down and people added their own stuff to the "books of jesus" to push their own ideals.

the likelihood for his existence and philosophy discussions with 12 other people over several years, is very high. he was a man. a smart man for his time.

but to call him god, would be like to call me god. (and that applies even if both of us are wrong)

thats why i "dont beleive in god"

its why i dont want other people to beleive in god.

it blinds them to the truth of the universe.

it is, the idolatry of a man blinding people to the truth

the breaking of one of the 10 commandments.

their own book is even trying to tell them they're wrong.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

landswimmer wrote:
Mail wrote:
landswimmer wrote:

Timmeh

"all knowing, all powerful" is how it makes you feel.

i rekon god is a human concept for the indistinguishability of the conciousness of anyone from anyone else, the recognition of the fact that in all likelihood, all conciousness is shared, the mind of every concious being in all possible universes throughout all of time.

we can measure most things.

but not the sense of "now" that people have, actually existing in a moment in time, experiencing the mind of what basically amounts to a biological machine.

the fear of unconciousness is unfounded. buddhism is correct in its supposition that "reincarnation" happens, in a way, and the possibility of a moral "flow" of conciousness is unneccesary since all conciousness is one, everything you do, every action that affects another person, will be experienced by the part of you that you call "you" eventually. good and bad.

perfect moral balance. through insane simplicity.

conciousness observes the universe. it literally creates it by observing it from the waveform of the infinite multiverse. the infinite number of possible universes and possible diversifications (changes as time passes, all the different ways a universe can happen and change like ours does)

god is the universe. knowing the universe brings you closer to it.

you get the same feeling when you learn something about the world you always suspected

the bible may be correct in some circumstances, due to the effect of fiction upon future history that has been observed, but it gives you no real understanding of what the universe is

when you die you just move on to different concious being (also, whenever you go to sleep.) you have no control of what you will be or where, what gender, species, or even how many dimensions you will be made up of.

jesus is just some philosopher who got a 12 people to follow him. technically we're all "sons and daughters" of god, the term is meaningless in the proper context.

and the vast majority of the bible is random bullshit pulled together by the roman emperor constantine several hundred years after the death of jesus.

it sucks how the real message gets lost because of fuckheads who like to twist things to their own benefit. jesus never bothered to write anything down and people added their own stuff to the "books of jesus" to push their own ideals.

the likelihood for his existence and philosophy discussions with 12 other people over several years, is very high. he was a man. a smart man for his time.

but to call him god, would be like to call me god. (and that applies even if both of us are wrong)

thats why i "dont beleive in god"

its why i dont want other people to beleive in god.

it blinds them to the truth of the universe.

it is, the idolatry of a man blinding people to the truth

the breaking of one of the 10 commandments.

their own book is even trying to tell them they're wrong.

Wow, twelve words +my sign of provoked that? You've taught me well Master. ./Bows.

Timme

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:38 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Old news, knew all this already.

Blah blah emotions.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:34 am
Profile WWW

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874
Class: Engineer

the "book" is saying everyone is sinful yes, but not irredeemable...

Anyways yeah most people will argue that they already knew something similar to this. If you're angry fella you will record memories in a different fashion.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm
Profile E-mail

a jedi master wrote:
the "book" is saying everyone is sinful yes, but not irredeemable...

Anyways yeah most people will argue that they already knew something similar to this. If you're angry fella you will record memories in a different fashion.

its not really the fact that emotions control memories

its the level of control emotion has over which things you remember

your emotions relating to the actual peice of information determines how likely it is to be stored

information which disagrees with your worldview is unlikely to even be recorded unless you have an emotional feedback system that judges based on evidence, rather than your own personal feelings

it means impartiality is essential

though requiring yourself to "know" and "beleive" you prevent yourself from actually learning at a physical level. rather than a concious one.

getting caught up in the book completely obscures the meanings

i get fucking pissed off at people misinterpreting what i say, imagine how pissed off jesus would be knowing that the vast majority of christians cant even comprehend his philosophical breakthroughs. that they mindlessly chant his name, and fucking ignore his message, which is probably the only thing he actually cared about, since he DIED IN ORDER TO SPREAD THAT MESSAGE.

the entire religion reeks of peversion from its original message

the beast of "revelation" in the bible, is the church itself.

he knew that.

but christians still cant understand it. the idea that the heads can fight each other is flawed, each sect of christianity is a part of the beast, remove one head, another grows in its place

can you not say the church has brought suffering remeniscent of that prophecied in revelations?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Tech9
Level: 1923
Class: Engineer

Does this mean the best way to teach someone is to torture them at the same time?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:33 pm

assasinat3r wrote:
Does this mean the best way to teach someone is to torture them at the same time?

Yes, actually, it's called brain washing and works quite well apparently.

Emotions determine memory? Actually somewhat obvious... want to forget it? Forget it. Attached emotionally to something? You'll want to remember it. You remember it.

As long as you don't have fake emotions and don't take political offense to someone doing something like owning a hummer, you're fine.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

assasinat3r wrote:

the other methods work better than pain when the person wants to learn, but in situations where the person is opposed to learning, pain and anger are often the only way to get them to reconsider their judgement (which happens to be stored in memory, and can only be rewritten either by the emotional response to an epiphany, or to pain/anger/joy

and that includes emotional pain. the pain does not need to be physical

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 am
Profile E-mail