It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 3:25 pm

The admins have access to anyones account at any time. If we wanted too, we could boot you off the server and take control of your character, but that would be rude and bad for player relations.

The original idea was that Julian would access Tobal's account, hijack Undead Tobal (yes we can control the movement of any mob), and scare people in the graveyard. Due to the fact that someone had already killed him, and we did not feel like spawning another, Julian just used Tobal's normal equipment, and played with people in the graveyard. There is no reason to make this into a scandle, as nothing wrong took place.

Finally, Tobal is banned, he is not allowed to return to that account. Frankly what is done with it should not concern players as he will never be able to access it again.

Caelestis

SEE...

The admins try to make something fun out of it, and ya'll are just complaining... Cmon guys...

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:41 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

I just dont like the idea of admins using the real accounts of old players. Let their accounts die with them. Using a AI with the name Undead Tobal was fun but it should be left at that imo.

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:59 pm

My oppinion is that if people got perma banned it means they committed bannable offenses enough to be banned 3 times. If they cant behave and play by the rules, then they are out of the game, and thats very fine with me.

I dont care what happens to those accounts, since they are banned, they could as well be deleted, forgoten, whatever... I have no pity for what is left of cheaters, exploiters, people who insult others, whoever they are and whatever "good" things they did before.

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 3838
Class: Speed Demon

If you get 3 strikes (and in Tobal's case, many more. And many unproven untrue ones too. Not saying everything people said bout him is true) then you're out, because you've been an asshole. I could care less if an asshole's acc is used for a player event, when the acc is banned, closed, and as far as I know property of StarSonata, once lend to Tobal for fees he payed, an acc he could use under certain rules, which he broke.

That's how I see it.

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:34 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

The fact that it was Julian who used it makes things worse if you ask me. He may be a admin but he is still also a active player, just like Kilroth. Not only do they have admin powers in game, they also have the ability to log onto any account and do whatever. A active player should NEVER have that kind of powers. Let them decide instead, be admins or be players.

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:40 pm

The fact that it was Julian who used it makes things worse if you ask me. He may be a admin but he is still also a active player, just like Kilroth. Not only do they have admin powers in game, they also have the ability to log onto any account and do whatever. A active player should NEVER have that kind of powers. Let them decide instead, be admins or be players.

That I for the most part agree with...

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 3838
Class: Speed Demon

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:39 pm

Ya, or we might as well give raven his powers back

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail

lol- Zades was kool for like the 1st week i tot, he was GREAT with people, but i got suspicious of ulterior motives when i noticed his lvl 15 volcom flying around with an annihilator engine LOL

Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:58 am

Zades was raven?

Caelestis wrote:
he(Tobal or banned people) will never be able to access it(account) again.

Caelestis

each time i read that or something similar i feel really sad :(

I dont. They messed up, they just had not to cheat or to keep their big mouth shut. They didnt have the wisdom to see that, that's their problem.

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:32 pm

lol- Zades was kool for like the 1st week i tot, he was GREAT with people, but i got suspicious of ulterior motives when i noticed his lvl 15 volcom flying around with an annihilator engine LOL

Zades was admin, he was allowed to do that...

What he did that was NOT allowed was this:

- Pay for Raven's... everything with his admin powers (he just spawned whatever he needed on raven account)
- spawn credits and tweaks (god I died so often to those tweaks, without them he wouldn't have killed me once, his best burners and swift spry attacks just pwnd me)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1371
Class: Gunner

Location: State College, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
plasmite wrote:

Zades was admin, he was allowed to do that...

Not when the item was on his playing account. But yeah, he did a ton of shit that he should have never gotten away with. I mean, hell, he was using Assassianation tweaks... WHEN THE BLUEPRINT WAS UNABLE TO MAKE THEM. Bizman and I talked about it, since we both had the BP and it was 'broken' and only made Backstab Tweaks at the time. Not to mention the unextractable amount of mobile FF Drones? I mean, they had only been in one universe and he had at least 50 to 100. While I'm at it, what about the 50B that mysteriously popped up into the Uncle Bob team funds a few days after he got admin powers?

Zades was a bad admin, and did bad things. That is one of the reasons I do strongly oppose any in-game player having powers of that nature. Regardless of character it's far too tempting and could cause serious ramifications.

Calypso

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail

I agree with Caly there, I mean an ingame layer with admin powers? Asking for trouble, I mean what punishment did Raven get? Something that bad could warrant a perma ban straight off, but no he just quit and had his powers stripped. Without ravens admin powers UB would have most likely lost that war.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Caly read the rest I said.. I said he was allowed to have anni thruster on zebu if he wanted but not on raven acc...

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:16 pm