It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 2907
Class: Berserker

Post Traveling Fields
Traveling sucks, watse of time and fuel. Would be great to traveling fields for every class or W5...

Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm
Content Dev

Post Re: Traveling Fields
What would you guys think of a non class locked non hull locked travel field, of decent size, that upon equipping adds X amount of speed (thinking 70~ but that is pretty much up in the air. It could also be a % but I am against that as it does not help the slow classes much) for the cost of say -200-300% resists and instant overhulling (-90%~ hull).

Total shield bank would not be affected meaning if you are not injured much in your travel you would be good to go at the end but the aura would persist for 1-2 minutes after the unequipping of the field.

The basic idea being you can get where you are going a lot fast and besides a predetermined amount of downtime at the destination, are good to go without having to rely on an ShM. This would also open up anyone traveling under the field's influence to very easy pirating considering how bad your resists would be along with being unable to fire any weapons.

Thoughts?

Tue May 15, 2012 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

I can just taste having 4 "shield monkeys" and 4-6 seers traveling in company, only to be pirated by a couple of players, and then the nukes start flying!

24 drones aided by 4+ stealth classes deployed upon poking by enemy !

Fuck yeah !

Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 am
Content Dev

The fact that overhulling would not stop drone deployment, fighter deployment and missile launching was brought up. It would stop the recovery of said drones and fighters along with stopping the unpacking of missile crates. My view on this is that if a player wants to deploy destroyable items with -300%~ resists and no ability to recover them for at least 1+ minutes then they can feel free.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

I mean sure, I would personally never use it though. Its worthless if your shm has -300% resists for 2minutes after you unequipped it.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 am
Profile E-mail

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836

Matthias wrote:
What would you guys think of a non class locked non hull locked travel field, of decent size, that upon equipping adds X amount of speed (thinking 70~ but that is pretty much up in the air. It could also be a % but I am against that as it does not help the slow classes much) for the cost of say -200-300% resists and instant overhulling (-90%~ hull).

Total shield bank would not be affected meaning if you are not injured much in your travel you would be good to go at the end but the aura would persist for 1-2 minutes after the unequipping of the field.

The basic idea being you can get where you are going a lot fast and besides a predetermined amount of downtime at the destination, are good to go without having to rely on an ShM. This would also open up anyone traveling under the field's influence to very easy pirating considering how bad your resists would be along with being unable to fire any weapons.

Thoughts?

/signed. New AEM? If so, look at ArgH. Pm me for alot of cool tips and such, I have tons of ideas I can pass onto you.

Also for seer revamping.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 am

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Matthias wrote:

I could see that being useful.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 am

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100

I like it.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 am

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Matthias wrote:

Thoughts?

/signed

Wed May 16, 2012 1:22 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: ahileus
Level: 3088

Why dont admins add Teleport device? It would be like mobile factory which work on creds or commods, 1 jump, cool down would be like 30 mins or 1 hour.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821

aeljuga wrote:
Why dont admins add Teleport device? It would be like mobile factory which work on creds or commods, 1 jump, cool down would be like 30 mins or 1 hour.

Currently not possible with current code, JeffL had said. Which means like a whole universe of time worth coding and debugging for one dev.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 am

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

This idea sounds pretty awesome, sounds like a bit more of a toggle-able Oly Travel tweak.

Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Traveling fields are boring, give ships travelling mode!

Wed May 16, 2012 4:27 am

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I am not a fan of the -90% hull workaround. It's inelegant and doesn't stop a droner from dropping 6 Acmes, Titans, or Heph Drones. A Gunner could also launch several salvos of missiles if I'm not mistaken. On top of this, slaves (which I am assuming would have to get similar traveling fields --- they're pointless for slave classes otherwise) can fire when overhulled so that mechanism would completely fail for them.

I'm not yet convinced that this is even a necessary addition. There should simply be more juxtas in the Wild and Earthforce layers. Most things you would want to go to in Perilous are no more than 10 jumps from the hub. That's not to mention that Olympus Entrance, one of the most popular Peri-space destinations for endgame players, has a big fat drone in it that will be happy to poke your -300% resistance ship when it lands there unattended. More juxtas means more places for pirates to hang out; everyone wins.

I just remembered as well that certain ships already have inbuilt aura generators and wouldn't be able to uses these fields. That's bollocks to begin with but yet another good reason why this is a bad idea.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed May 16, 2012 11:08 am

Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

Bastamental wrote:
Matthias wrote:

Thoughts?

/signed. New AEM? If so, look at ArgH. Pm me for alot of cool tips and such, I have tons of ideas I can pass onto you.

Also for seer revamping.

New AEM, cool. Look at Gunner! Skill change now!

Would not PM for ideas.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail