It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: ThePoke
Level: 345
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Combat Shield Monkey
Has this been considered in the litteral sense? Instead of Shmonks having healer weapons and skills and augs based around healing cant they be given a new skill set so they do negative damage to shields and use augs to boost this? All classes should be open to more than one or 2 ways to play the game and this would bring a new dynamic to the game...or am I on crack?

Thu May 17, 2012 3:10 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Post Re: Combat Shield Monkey
Vampire-like shield transferences don't work as of current... And could be very broken in some cases, so it's probably not a great idea. =/

Support

Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 am

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

ThePoke wrote:
on crack!

ShM is a support class ... it can do light DGs and bosses with combat slaves used as force multipliers.

Class is fine as is.

Thu May 17, 2012 3:45 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: ThePoke
Level: 345

Why cant classes be played in many ways not the same stuck in the mud way? but idea burnt so nvm

Thu May 17, 2012 4:06 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267

you can pretty easily aug a shield monkey for damage and have some half decent dps output when combined with slaves (offcourse then you dont heal as well), but the class bonus in shield/shield regen etc allow you to still tank decently without having to aug for shield.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Jey123456 wrote:
you can pretty easily aug a shield monkey for damage and have some half decent dps output when combined with slaves (offcourse then you dont heal as well), but the class bonus in shield/shield regen etc allow you to still tank decently without having to aug for shield.

I'ma do this with my shm then!

Thu May 17, 2012 7:16 am

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Vampire-like shield transferences don't work as of current... And could be very broken in some cases, so it's probably not a great idea. =/

there used to be negative trans weapons but they got removed after ParkwayDrive used one to kill fuzz, so the concept is definetly sound... it used to be a bug.

personally i kinda like the idea of a class that recharges its own shields as it damages its enemies. however broken it may be, it still wouldnt have anything on snipers who currently get grem, pushback and stupidly huge range on certain weapons, which gives them all the advantages of SD with all the DPS of beserkers.

Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 am
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

1. AI aren't currently configured to deal with incoming transference damage. For example, Adum's Blocker doesn't block transference.

2. Classical Shield Monkey bonuses (resistance, transference resistance, and transference efficiency) would actually work against you when using a positive damage transference weapon. A typical Speed Demon would get 1.4x the damage back as health while an endgame Shield Monkey might only get 10%. So the entire healing mechanic is the opposite of what you would want.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 am

anilv wrote:
1. AI aren't currently configured to deal with incoming transference damage. For example, Adum's Blocker doesn't block transference.

2. Classical Shield Monkey bonuses (resistance, transference resistance, and transference efficiency) would actually work against you when using a positive damage transference weapon. A typical Speed Demon would get 1.4x the damage back as health while an endgame Shield Monkey might only get 10%. So the entire healing mechanic is the opposite of what you would want.

Thats the point, more diversity in the class. A Stealthy SD is going to aug differently than a Visible SD. A Vampire Monkey is going to have a totally different setup than a Paladin Monkey.

That and I can push about half the dps as a Zerk alone as a shm!

Thu May 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

It's not about augs. Shield Monkey already receives only 54% of the transference feedback damage of Speed Demon. The class is already biased against the use of these vampire weapons.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu May 17, 2012 1:01 pm

anilv wrote:
It's not about augs. Shield Monkey already receives only 54% of the transference feedback damage of Speed Demon. The class is already biased against the use of these vampire weapons.

Then thats the flaw of the game. Should be fixed, as it looks better for a SANDBOX game to have all options and concepts identified in the game to be very real possibilities.

The support focus mission mentions using shield vampires as a monkey. I think that should be a potential design outlook. And why stop there?

Paladin, Vampire, Monkey
S.Engineer, M.Engineer, E.Engineer
Berserker, Ironclad, Solarus
Marksman, Sniper, Infiltrator

Etc

Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

Jey123456 wrote:

Vulture CaL Something Rhino with PLincin, oh i remember that :)

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri May 18, 2012 4:32 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267

that shm could solo anni and most other low level ubers at lvl 700 with no slaves XD.

Fri May 18, 2012 5:26 am