It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Cpt Lunarion
Level: 1801
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Traveling Fields
I'm kinda against the idea, the current capship travelfields are a laughing joke, we're talking in my resist beefed warship its FASTER to travel without a field (going around 60 speed) than to travel with one because of the amount of times you die, just travelling through peri with -150% resists even though I have over 150k shield still, I die faster than a man holding a banana in a standoff. And don't even get me started on what its like trying to use my massif 3 with the travel field.... :evil:
There needs to be a better way to stop people from using travel fields than making them so squishy zebucart can 1v1 them. Just the idea of -300% resists. I'd put on my pirate cap and just go kill some people because it'd be more than easy.
I'd suggest having the -hull bonus is a good idea with a 1min cooldown. It'd stop people leveling in them but not make that person useless everywhere else.
In short very very /notsigned

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
the players are not just bitching about nothing

yes they are.

Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

anilv wrote:
I am not a fan of the -90% hull workaround. It's inelegant and doesn't stop a droner from dropping 6 Acmes, Titans, or Heph Drones. A Gunner could also launch several salvos of missiles if I'm not mistaken. On top of this, slaves (which I am assuming would have to get similar traveling fields --- they're pointless for slave classes otherwise) can fire when overhulled so that mechanism would completely fail for them.

I'm not yet convinced that this is even a necessary addition. There should simply be more juxtas in the Wild and Earthforce layers. Most things you would want to go to in Perilous are no more than 10 jumps from the hub. That's not to mention that Olympus Entrance, one of the most popular Peri-space destinations for endgame players, has a big fat drone in it that will be happy to poke your -300% resistance ship when it lands there unattended. More juxtas means more places for pirates to hang out; everyone wins.

I just remembered as well that certain ships already have inbuilt aura generators and wouldn't be able to uses these fields. That's bollocks to begin with but yet another good reason why this is a bad idea.

Add -100% drone ops?

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

make the travel fields disconnect weapons and make missiles/drones/fighters undeployable so its for travel purposes only???

VaporiZe!

Wed May 16, 2012 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821

Bastamental wrote:
anilv wrote:
I am not a fan of the -90% hull workaround. It's inelegant and doesn't stop a droner from dropping 6 Acmes, Titans, or Heph Drones. A Gunner could also launch several salvos of missiles if I'm not mistaken. On top of this, slaves (which I am assuming would have to get similar traveling fields --- they're pointless for slave classes otherwise) can fire when overhulled so that mechanism would completely fail for them.

I'm not yet convinced that this is even a necessary addition. There should simply be more juxtas in the Wild and Earthforce layers. Most things you would want to go to in Perilous are no more than 10 jumps from the hub. That's not to mention that Olympus Entrance, one of the most popular Peri-space destinations for endgame players, has a big fat drone in it that will be happy to poke your -300% resistance ship when it lands there unattended. More juxtas means more places for pirates to hang out; everyone wins.

I just remembered as well that certain ships already have inbuilt aura generators and wouldn't be able to uses these fields. That's bollocks to begin with but yet another good reason why this is a bad idea.

Add -100% drone ops?

And +1000 vis, unaffected by anything Basta can use.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

Max235 wrote:
Bastamental wrote:
anilv wrote:

Add -100% drone ops?

And +1000 vis, unaffected by anything Basta can use.

and that

VaporiZe!

Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Predator1356 wrote:
make the travel fields disconnect weapons and make missiles/drones/fighters undeployable so its for travel purposes only???

The weapon disconnect would happen with the overhulling. It is not currently possible to prevent drone/fighter deployment (might be in the future) but again, since you are overhulled you would not be able to recover them and have -300%~ resists.

I like the -drone ops idea.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Dont add vis, or else it would be worthless to us stealthy folks.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Wed May 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Bastamental wrote:
Dont add vis, or else it would be worthless to us stealthy folks.

actually this is perfect, it should be like 300 size, and add +10000 vis.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

For heavy fighters....

Not the light fighter version.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Wed May 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Matthias wrote:
What would you guys think of a non class locked non hull locked travel field, of decent size

you were saying?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed May 16, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail

300 size is decent..

YOU SIR ARE MAD

Edit: It says nothing about vis your wanker.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Cpt Lunarion
Level: 1801
Class: Engineer

I'm still of the opinion that anything that gives -100% resists or more is a complete waste of time and implementing an idea like a -300% resist field that also cuts basically every offensive/defensive ability is getting to the point of idiodicy. /endrant

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
the players are not just bitching about nothing

yes they are.

Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

I think the added vis is an excellent idea. It should be just for getting from one place to the other but while being squishy.

You should not be able to go around the squishiness with stealth. That would make it way OP and used for recon instead of travel.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail

My seer will get torn to shreds within a few jumps of peril, along with stealthy snipers.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821

Bastamental wrote:
My seer will get torn to shreds within a few jumps of peril, along with stealthy snipers.

Then don't use the travel field. Problem solved.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next