It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:06 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Post Shorten Oly Time; Easy Suggestion
Hi,

The way to Poseidon is easy, the way back however to ares is dreadfull. How about a warp from the final level in Poseidon to Arena 1, only accessible from 1 way namelijk from the Pos level to Arena 1. This would make oly shorter, because it's too long something I'm sure we can all agree on.

Thanks for your time.

Tue May 08, 2012 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Re: Shorten Oly Time; Easy Suggestion
I find Olympus dreadful on the traveling.* I'd like to see Olympus look somewhat more like a child of a DG and the UZ.

Basically, call the first level the lobby level, and have each Olympus uber's first galaxy connected to this lobby, with an exit gate in the boss level like 3k or so(without leaving ares arena) away from the entry gate to leave to the lobby.

*Because anything that slows down my run in where I have to help kill up to four 300million shield bank ubers makes the game less fun.

Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Why not just make it like maus? with 4 gates and each gate has the appropriate entrance -> mini uber -> uber

But for the love of god don't make each gate 10k away from each other

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

paxiprime wrote:
Why not just make it like maus? with 4 gates and each gate has the appropriate entrance -> mini uber -> uber

But for the love of god don't make each gate 10k away from each other

I just said that!

BUMP!

Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 2570

Oly was meant to be done one boss at the time, the reason it is so long is because you are doing 4x the amount that is supposed to be done.

I do not think making things shorter and in consequence less interesting will ameliorate the quality of this game's content.

Tue May 08, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

I don't think it should be changed. On the other hand the mission "Drones of Olympus" shouldn't be a timered mission in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a squad to do all 4 ubers, let alone in 2hrs while stopping to kill every drone there is.

Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I wouldn't mind the amount of time it takes to get between ubers if it were at least exciting. However, killing a few dozen stingrays, ares warriors, and zeus henchmen is not my idea of fun. There should be more entertaining obstacles, even more challenging ones, than getting gremmed, poisoned, or spun on a warp for a few minutes.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed May 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

anilv wrote:
I wouldn't mind the amount of time it takes to get between ubers if it were at least exciting. However, killing a few dozen stingrays, ares warriors, and zeus henchmen is not my idea of fun. There should be more entertaining obstacles, even more challenging ones, than getting gremmed, poisoned, or spun on a warp for a few minutes.

Eh, I think that's a bad idea. Oly should be a roflstop with low challenge for people in high end t21 ships as its designed to be defeated by t20 ships and t20 geared players trying to get to t21 gear and ships. To change it would be to block those teams whos progression is such they aren't overwhelmingly t21 yet. Instead they should introduce t22 content or higher tiers of t21 gear for increased challenge.

Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

skyfyre wrote:
anilv wrote:

Eh, I think that's a bad idea. Oly should be a roflstop with low challenge for people in high end t21 ships as its designed to be defeated by t20 ships and t20 geared players trying to get to t21 gear and ships. To change it would be to block those teams whos progression is such they aren't overwhelmingly t21 yet. Instead they should introduce t22 content or higher tiers of t21 gear for increased challenge.

Ok, and right now it's a roflstomp for high end T21 squads with about 2/3 of the time spent in transit or killing swarms of meaningless AI. I want more zones like the 3-Cyclops room on the way to Heph, that are actually a bit challenging but not as tough as the boss. The run-up to Zeus, in particular, is a huge waste of everyone's time.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm
Content Dev

Oly is fine as it is. It is a zone, not a collection of ubers and should stay that way.

I like the time limit on the drone mission, it's the only thing that actually makes the mission hard. It also makes its completion a lot more satisfying.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:48 am
Profile E-mail