It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:52 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Post B v. AI B missions or instances
So, something I've been thinking about recently, is that high end SS players build all this fancy base gear for uni after uni and yet rarely get even a single chance to see it in action.

Because of this, I would love for a series of missions or instanced ubers or even a special colloseum (with rewards!) that would allow for perm base building and drone deployment. Of course the encounter would be tuned such that:

a. The AI have ships to harrass you while you set up your own bases and make the encounter challenging from the beginning.

b. The AI have bases of their own that you have to assault, and would basically have no chance of being taken down without a supporting base or bases of your own.

So the idea is simple. You fight in the instance just like any other uber based instance with a max squad of 10, however in order to have any chance to win you have to deploy *at least* one full tech 20 base, as well auged and well geared as you can possibly manage, defend it until it heals to full, and then tow it in to begin assaulting base level toughness/regen targets with supporting ships providing some additional healing and damage. The drop rewards would all come off of looting the AI bases that get taken out as you finish off the galaxy, with a special "boss" or "main" base in the middle that gives the best reward but is the hardest to kill. The lesser bases would give lesser random loot, and maybe even AI perm drones would have a chance to drop lesser loot from the encounter. Ships, fighters, and other AI would drop little or nothing as the goal is to kill the bases.

Due to the resources involved (you would permanently lose any base kits deployed here along with the base augs, and 1 adamanturized kit with achil Z augs would be the "standard" required base for doing this type of challenge) the drop rates for good loot (high quality weapons, ship blueprints, augs, etc.) would be much, much higher than other encounters, but the lockout would also be longer (3 or 4 weeks maybe?) to balance it out and prevent super rich teams from farming the instances constantly. At the same time it wouldn't force smaller teams to burn an insane ammount of resources to do these encounters to remain competitive with larger teams gear.

I think this type of encounter could be incredibly awesome. Combat deployment of bases and perm drones could introduce a whole new aspect to PVAI which really hasn't been explored much, and could open up a whole new level of strategy and challenge to the game.

It would probably also be worth exploring the concept of unownable, but buildable galaxies that are meant for bvbing in that contain special resources or rewards to encourage bvb. Simply put, players would try to keep their bases alive while blowing up other teams bases to gather the most rewards from holding the galaxy.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Post Re: B v. AI B missions or instances
Would be really cool if the risk/reward is balanced properly.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

I'm fairly sure that a good t21 squad can pull more dps than an ada base.

The problems I can see are:
A huge increase in the demand for augs.

Players either make a huge loss or gain (especially if they don't even need a base- how would you stop them from spamming multiple cheap bases/sniping them or something?).

And last but not least we have time- BvB can take hours to set up... from plonking your kits down to towing them in.

Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Are bases affected by auras? If not, there could be some auras in there that would cripple any attempted to PvB.

The aug point is definitely valid, but I think we need better ways of farming augs by type anyway.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon May 07, 2012 3:51 pm