It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Category Five.(T20-T21 Transition Uber)
A series of triplet Mini-Ubers confined (for the time being) within a cage set up by none other but the Mad Scientist.

Note: This is a Transition T21 Uber (Group). That means there IS T20 loot, but it's mostly to transition the team into T21 ubers. As such it's about as tough as Emp.

Until the last one dies, no loot drops. Called Hurricane, Cyclone, and Typhoon, all three play in conjunction with each other. They use the Psionic Flare/Temporal Flux AI ship model and a similar glow.

Note: All three have size differences. The Capital is much larger than the HF and LF.

Hurricane - Capital Ship. Fires off Storm Missiles and hits hard with a single capital-sized Wind Tunnel weapon. Produces The Perfect Storm aura around Cyclone and Typhoon.

Cyclone - Light Fighter. Fast moving bugger that uses a Rapid Intensifier weapon. This weapon causes forced thrust and reduces speed of target.

Typhoon - Heavy Fighter. Unusually docile, compared to the other two, but charges up a Storm Surge superitem that causes it to charge towards its target and swamps it by massively increasing DPS on its splashing lasers.

Loot:

- Ship Blueprints. Requires T21 Modules. Each cost on the line of an Olympus ship.

- Wind Tunnel, Rapid Intensifier, and Thunder Storm Laser bps. Moderately difficult to build. T20 versions drop from the Uber(s).

- Tropical Storm Generator. A T21 Tweak Generator that boosts speed, damage, and resists for 5 minutes.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Category Five.(T20-T21 Transition Uber)
Yes, yes, yes
Max235 wrote:
Each cost on the line of an Olympus ship.

No.
If you want a transition, make these ships cost 20b max to build. I hate how t20 is ~4b for most ships to build, and then oly ships cost ~40b. A transition should have these ships which are better than t20 but not as good as oly t21. Around the strength of a delquad but at better cost.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, the idea is that some stuff are t20, and some are t21, with the better pieces being t21. We don't want to actually promote Lilith's crusade in anything.

As for ship prices, they can be changed, but we're looking at something that costs more than a UZ ship(Not a Lion), but not a pure credit hog like a Levitas.

For all that matters, the "value" of the ship can be on the level of an Olympus ship. But did it actually require all that credits and expensive material? The Vicar is a 1-3b ship if you use your logic. But do anyone actually sell for that price? People sell that thing for 10-15b, which is roughly the same build cost of a Zebra.

The "costs" of these ships is NOT the credits and material. The cost is doing these uber again and again. Unlike Oly and UZ, you don't have the potential of one kill and you can build the ship. You have to do 5-7 kills and then build the ship.

Completely doable for a small team wanting to build it for their own use, yet annoying enough for ubers trying to sell it to really jack up the price.

So, it's like a Panther that you have to kill Cess 7 times before starting.

But that being said, my teammate's AWC is going to be about 50b to build. Toodles.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 pm
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

I like the main idea, but there are a few issues I feel.

Firstly: "Until the last one dies, no loot drops."
This isn't possible.

Secondly: I don't think we need any more T20 gear, especially any that's more powerful than Serengeti gear. I already think the Serengeti should of been T21, with Olympus being T22.

I might slap the main ideas of the ubers into my idea can. :P

PS:
Quote:
The "costs" of these ships is NOT the credits and material. The cost is doing these uber again and again. Unlike Oly and UZ, you don't have the potential of one kill and you can build the ship. You have to do 5-7 kills and then build the ship.

Not helpful, or useful. Don't do it again.

Support

Tue May 01, 2012 6:55 am

I didn't want an uber group to go:

"Hey, we can do one run or a few runs and have everything. Then we can sell for ridiculous prices to lower levels! And the admins will cater to us because we're quit otherwise so it won't get nerfed!"

I wanted it to transition a team of T20 players, to T21, without requiring T21 players already in the squad, and without the T20's buying their way into T21 by making it really annoying for the T21 players to build these things.

Because, a certain large team, DID, buy their way into T21 by sitting on their colonies for 6 months.

What better way to annoy the T21 players by forcing them to do multiple runs? It would not annoy the T20 players as much seeing how they want to build this.

Think of it this way, a Panther commod is a rare drop from Cess. You could get lucky and get one right off the bat. But you could also use the common Panther commod bp that wants 500m and 7 Panther Cores. So if you do not get lucky, you have 7 runs to do.

I want a T20 team to get lucky, but as you can see, I don't want anyone buying into this thing, or powering through with T21 to sell it in any way very easily. If it's too annoying for someone already in Oly ships ad gear, but not so annoying for those not in said Oly ships and gear, would the big bad T21 players build it?

Or maybe think of it this way:

Say the market for the Vicar is down(instead of being 10-15b, I mean 1-3b), are you going to go out of your way and become miserable to build one and sell it? Or are you going to be a smart person and drop it on your sniper as a stealthy scoop slave?

Just to clarify:

Typhoon bp requires(hypothetical):
1 Fixed Typhoon Fragment
3 Typhoon Thrusters
3 Typhoon Shields
3 Typhoon Energies
1 Blobular Cooling Systems
1 Vision Suites
2 Rubicite Matrix Sheaths
1 Fuel Injectors
500 silver bars
2 Ada Sheets

The "Fixed Typhoon Fragment" isn't a drop. It comes from a bp itself. To build one, you need 7 Typhoon Fragments, with one dropping 100% on any run. The bp has a 33% droprate too.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 am

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100
Class: Engineer

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Firstly: "Until the last one dies, no loot drops."
This isn't possible.

I'm not sure if church intended to make it so that the ubers are in the same gal.

If so, ubers drop keys and there's a warp that requires all keys. Behind that warp there's an easy boss/ai that drops loot.

Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Make it a gold bar ai named treasure chest :lol:

Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Camsy wrote:
Make it a gold bar ai named treasure chest :lol:

Offtopic, Camsy :p

But sounds epic!

Tue May 01, 2012 4:38 pm