It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post In game rules.
Basically, in game rules, chat rules, etc, accessed from WITHIN the game itself.

Maybe find it under Options as a new tab.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Post Re: In game rules.
Rules? I don't even...

Look there's an agreement thingy and mods to /warn you. I have no argument for or against this.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail

You have to get into the game files to find the agreement, and the mods aren't tough enough in the first place.

The point is to find a perfectly updated rule source(updated during patches/resets) without having to go to the forum for the rules.

My problem is that the people who actually log into the forum only account for up to 10% of the total active people. F2p and P2p.

Where do the other 90% go to get the rules? It's not their obligation to log onto the forum to get updated rules.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

And yet, you are the only one complaining. The world does not implode because not every player was spoon fed the minutiae of what amount to extremely straight forward rules.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:17 pm

If you knew how many people of a certain team actively feigns naivety about in game rules for how long in terms of years because they don't actually use the SS forum, you'd be the one who'd make this topic, enk.

I'm ranting because these guys have been doing it for YEARS, and the moderator panel are not strong and tough enough to get them for it.

I'm worried about the potential fallout that could insure if Jeff was to actually pursue the matters. These guys are willing to fight tooth and nail in court if something happens. They are just 4 people.

I used Admin Logic, I used Jeff_L's words, I used the user agreement. They cited their country's laws that would nullify Jeff_L's actions should he try to ban their accounts.

It mostly has to do with the fact they live in a country where Jeff_L has no corporate assets, and therefore their country's courts can force Jeff_L to unban the accounts or risk problems to his company for the other 1/4 or 1/3 of the playerbase that lives in said region.

Because, 1. They are not bound by the agreement to use the SS forum to get the rules, and 2. The rules are not found in game.

Just 4 people.

What are the consequences if an entire team was like this?

4 people is 4 people too many.

That, and it's a big fat disclaimer. "Viewer Discretion is Advised". Not having that can get and have gotten whoever made the show/series(like, a crime drama) sued.

It would be a very bad thing to be sued, and lose because simple rules were not shown.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Exactly how do they think they can get around it? According to the user agreement Jeff actually owns their accounts. Well, StarSonata does, and I haven't heard about anyone else owning any shares of the company. Thing is, if they take it to court, well, you don't just take someone from their own country to a different one for a case, much less over something like being banned from a game. Even less if it was a mute.

Their logic is absolutely terrible, that's like saying I don't have to obey the license of software because the software doesn't have the license in it. Damn it, the license (at least used to) comes in the same file. It's the internet, you can restrict access to any machine you want.

If it's a matter of catching them... Well... there are chat logs. If they have a law against that, oh well. If anyone ingame can see it, anyone can see it.

I'd like to know just what they're doing. (well, example of abuse, I get the jist of it)

Besides, they're warned at log in that they can be muted by the game itself. I don't see what the hell they're talking about.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:37 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

The eula, or whatever kind of agreement is the second thing they see when they first install SS (the first being "This will install SS on your computer" screen). And they have to accept it to install it.

All chat informs the players that a full list of rules can be found on the forums, the forums are now well-enough structured to find them quite easily.

I don't really see a difference either way, since hiding them in options won't help a great deal, but it's something that can be done pretty easily.

Support

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

I have no issue with where the rules are and I believe that having the rules in a user agreement when you install SS is enough to hold in court.

However while the subject, I've noticed on the wiki there's three pages at the bottom of every single page: Privacy policy, About StarSonata and Disclaimers. Funnily enough all three of these are completely empty and can't be accessed by regular uses (not me at least). Perhaps this needs attention?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 am