It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: benslaf
Level: 1065
Class: Fleet Commander

Post pay with Paypal money (no credit card)
edit: problem solved! Thanks to everybody :)

I have the problem that i do not own a credit card, but i do own paypal.
Is it possible to use Paypal money instead of the credit card? (i tried to use paypal, but it asks for a credit card)

Or are there any people interested to help me out by paying for me with their credit card? (i pay them then using paypal) (possible use of a middleman)

Thanks in advance,
Ben

edit:

this is the topic to get the paypal option to be able to pay without a credit card, the one in trade is to get me a subscription because i don't think this is going to be embedded anytime soon. ;)

Hope this clears it up.

Last edited by beniel on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

Post Re: pay with Paypal money (no credit card)
beniel wrote:
I have the problem that i do not own a credit card, but i do own paypal.
Is it possible to use Paypal money instead of the credit card? (i tried to use paypal, but it asks for a credit card)

Or are there any people interested to help me out by paying for me with their credit card? (i pay them then using paypal) (possible use of a middleman)

Thanks in advance,
Ben

I have the same problem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail

how did u solve it?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

beniel wrote:
how did u solve it?

I didnt...

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

I almost though my posts were deleted.

But no, I see there's a new thread on the same topic.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Griffin wrote:
I almost though my posts were deleted.

But no, I see there's a new thread on the same topic.

this is the topic to get the paypal option to be able to pay without a credit card, the one in trade is to get me a subscription because i don't think this is going to be embedded anytime soon. ;)

Hope this clears it up.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

After talking to the admins about it, it is due to the way payments are processed. A credit card through paypal gives instantaneous payment. Tied to a bank payment can take as much as 4 days. Way around this is to tie a prepaid visa that you have registered with visa to paypal. You may not need to registrar it with visa (this gives it an address like a real credit card). That being said if you are worried about security of your credit card on paypal, paypal is a service chosen for its security to buyer and seller.

You can pay straight from a pre paid credit card as well, not the easiest thing to do though.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:44 pm

If u use paypal connected to a bank account to pay from there, yes.
But i already transferred my money from my bank account to paypal.
I don't think it takes 4 days since i already used paypal on steam to buy some games, and the money instantly transferred every time i bought something.

I don't have a problem with paypal itself for credit card, i just don't own a credit card.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

One of the better ways is to buy a prepaid visa card from your local post office. Add that card to your paypal and it should recognise it as a CC, allowing you to pay using paypal funds.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 am
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267

Its indeed not something we have much control over, its because paypal enforce having a credit card attached to the account to use subscriptions.

As many other said, get a prepaid credit card (5-10$), and link it to your paypal account (read the details on the specific prepaid card you get to see if you need to register it and what not). Once it is on paypal, youll be able to use every features without actually owning a real credit card ;) ( as long as you never run out of money in the paypal/bank account, if you ever get a refused transaction and your credit card cant cover it, your paypal account will be flagged and then it become a little more complicated.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 am

i've spend some time checking on internet how to get a debit card, but i found out that it isn't available for my country.
i think that this has to do with that these debit cards aren't well known here, and therefore not available.

netscape, etc. are all for the US and not for my country (belgium).

anybody who has any idea how to get one?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 am
Profile E-mail

Jey123456 wrote:
Its indeed not something we have much control over, its because paypal enforce having a credit card attached to the account to use subscriptions.

If paypal enforces to use a credit card, then there is no more reason for this topic. So i guess this can be moved to declined suggestions.

Thanks for your answer Jey123456.

if anybody still wants to help me get a subscription -> pm me.
i'm willing to pay u first, if u are a person i can trust(admin, high level, etc.).

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Try checking around your local corner shop or a bank.
I've noticed a few advertised where I live (UK).

Also, you're not really allowed to talk about those sorts of things on the forums/ingame.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267

a quick google search gave that.

"
I found the Belgian Post has a Prepaid payment card called "bpaid", which has a Master Card logo and accepted worldwide and most importantly online.
Howto get a bpaid prepaid Credit card:
To apply for the Prepaid credit card, it can be done at any Belgian Post office nearby and one must be 18+ ,be resident in Belgium and no account needed.

After presenting all requirements at the Post office counter, the Prepaid credit card is issued same day and by the first recharge of funds,it free and could be loaded with 10 to € 2,500, with a balance on card capped at € 6,000.
Your annual limit load can not exceed € 6,000.
"
http://www.bpost.be/site/fr/residential ... index.html

so if you (or your parent if your not 18) get one of those with 10 euro on it, then you can attach it to your paypal adress and paypal will let you sub with your other funding types.

The prepaid card is only here for backup if the funding you selected is refused (in which case, it will charge the credit card), if the credit card doesnt have the required funds, then paypal lower your account rating and your credit card is no longer valid on it (as in youll need a new one, but then they are a bit more annoying as to which CC they let you add, so just dont let it sub with no money in your bank account ! :P).

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Jey123456 wrote:
a quick google search gave that.

"
I found the Belgian Post has a Prepaid payment card called "bpaid", which has a Master Card logo and accepted worldwide and most importantly online.
Howto get a bpaid prepaid Credit card:
To apply for the Prepaid credit card, it can be done at any Belgian Post office nearby and one must be 18+ ,be resident in Belgium and no account needed.

After presenting all requirements at the Post office counter, the Prepaid credit card is issued same day and by the first recharge of funds,it free and could be loaded with 10 to € 2,500, with a balance on card capped at € 6,000.
Your annual limit load can not exceed € 6,000.
"
http://www.bpost.be/site/fr/residential ... index.html

so if you (or your parent if your not 18) get one of those with 10 euro on it, then you can attach it to your paypal adress and paypal will let you sub with your other funding types.

The prepaid card is only here for backup if the funding you selected is refused (in which case, it will charge the credit card), if the credit card doesnt have the required funds, then paypal lower your account rating and your credit card is no longer valid on it (as in youll need a new one, but then they are a bit more annoying as to which CC they let you add, so just dont let it sub with no money in your bank account ! :P).

Thank you so much :)
I'll get it as soon as possible.

and apparently are u way better at searching the internet than me since u were able to find an answer in a quick search and i didn't find anything after a couple of hours. :)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail