It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Immediate Class Skill Bonuses.
Front-load some class bonuses? Maybe. Introduce tons of low level class-locked gear to make up for poorly balanced classes? No.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Not new content, just things like augmenters/weapons/drones.

Your average player will miss a lot of content on their first playthrough simply because they are not introduced to it.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 am

Team: None
Main: SirDraygon
Level: 228
Class: Speed Demon

^ The wiki sometimes takes care of that, but since people underestimate such a powerful thing as an incomplete dictionary of Star Sonata, they miss out on quite a bit (Like how I didn't discover warpastic drones for some time).

I say beef all classes in this way: Slaves gain HALF your Class bonuses (FC or no), then add in some decent weaponry (I'm hardly dealing above 200 dmg with a t7 weapon, kinda mad about that), and possibly a small assortment of ships that are more class-specific. Not to hate on the Interdiction Frigate, of course.

With mentioned half bonuses, then i.e. if you're an SD, then your slaves will be faster, and you'll have similar damage bonuses. I see that inbuilts help with this (Wing3 mobbing is fun!), but the simple fact that I can only eliminate Turtles in w1 in minutes slows down my levelling quite a bit. Hunting said AI is a slow process- Especially given their spawning rate- but is a safe way to a decent 200-ish level. When I get into w2, a sawtooth almost always instantly grems me, then kills me (Even if my slaves all shoot the hell out of it), or if I try to pick a fight with...Hell...ANYTHING with a higher level, it seems I need to be part of a group of players. I would rather work alone (though having someone lend a hand occasionally if I get held up is preferrable), but getting instantaneously killed with a nice setup for someone under level 200 in w2 is annoying, seeing as there are few AI in w1 that support my training.

I would almost call this a bug in a regular MMO, but this seemed almost done on purpose. If it were due to PvP reasons, I could see the point, but for training reasons, some sort of bonus needs to be given to lower-levels to help keep them hooked on the game. I am on the verge of ragequitting due to the simple fact that almost NOTHING has been nerfed in w2, so I constantly find myself under threat when I try to level more decently.

I have the setup, but R.S.I. doesn't have enough low-level alts to find the time to play with me in almost any way.

Almost as if the game's point is going back on itself (shoot everything, get more powerful, find a station to get better skills, repeat). In C1, I was getting 500 dmg with a Mag IV. That's on a weakling, too- Now, with a (Relatively) strong SD in comparison to the AI i should hunt, the Mag IV's damage seemed to be nerfed here in C2. Not that the clients themselves made the differences, ofc.

:evil:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Slaves already only gain half your class skill bonuses....

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

SirDraygon wrote:
<lots of stuff>

Leveling efficiently has always been a careful art. If you know what to kill and how to do it, things go well for you. If you're throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, don't be surprised when it doesn't work out.

If there are specific AI which you believe are overpowered for their level, make specific complaints.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Hues, Ghostships, BGs, SBGs(Just in DGs really).

Those need level beefs for sure.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:16 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Cpt Mawson
Level: 1011
Class: Shield Monkey

Chaosking3 wrote:
Hues, Ghostships, BGs, SBGs(Just in DGs really).

Those need level beefs for sure.

Alot of things are too high level, green battleships, bigger greens, icepicks.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Griffin wrote:
In many games there are curves, and Star Sonata should have them as well.

In Star Sonata, there are no skill curves and it causes many potential p2p'ers to leave because of absolute boredom.

People want immediate gratification as well as skills tailored to their desire playstyle.

In my opinion, Players should be given a description of each class at the start of the game, they should be able to class into that skill, and they should receive starting gear for said class. While they are level 30 or lower, they should be given unlimited free reclasses in the Nexus. Classes should also feature a skill curve that decreases in the higher levels to plateau the power.

This way, the player is allowed diversity, instead of being forced to be a medium ranged fighter using magcannons or pulses. Not only that, but other MMO's do this as well. No one likes stale combat, and everyone in the MMO business has realized this years ago (except for Runescape, but Runescape sucks so it doesn't count).

Each time something like this post, I get just a little bit closer to referring Jeff to TotalBiscuit's Youtube channel.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6FaEg_D ... n8VHanB7k=
13 minutes in for an idea of what I mean. Basicly the guy gets someone who sends him a message basicly nailing the description of Star Sonata's class system followed by TB saying that while he would like to see this it would be too much of a risk because the MMO would loose money because alts would be useless. However, SS already let's you have 4 alts for free and has a reason having alts is useful because it's the only way you can use two character simultaneously.

On top of that, it's well known that TB likes space games and high risk pvp and that the only game he has ever found that appeals to that was Eve. The guy doesn't take requests and for good reason.(don't want people pushing their games, right?) What do you think Jeff will think when he sees a page of comments saying they are sick of the WoW system on a video that manages to describe his game and how the game critic wants one like it. Hmm...

Oh, and luck you, you've managed to get me far enough to do so... give me an hour to think up a good message...

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail