It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:00 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post Suns are overpowered at lower levels
Just now I flew over the corner of a sun on my level 25 character. I started at 100% health; I left at 5%. They do way too much damage :?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: First Blood Resurrection
Main: BipolarJuice
Level: 210
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Suns are overpowered at lower levels
I don't really mind but the A and B class suns are stupid. Not only are they everywhere but they rape shield bank and happen to be on almost AP route >.> The other ones are fine imo, but we need non-damaging c1 suns back.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

-5000 per sec aura is brutal

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Sun damage is now WORSE than it was before the apparent "fix".

It now needs to be nerfed twice to be back to C1 normal.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:38 am
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Suns are overpowered at all levels. I was dging on my sniper, warped into a red giant sun level with the warp partway up the sun, heading onto the sun... got shot by reavers so i couldnt turn, sun took half my health and reavers took the rest (and PWI failed to move me, much less get me off the sun). Took another death after that to just get off the sun (and PWI failed again) and on the third attempt i was able to escape. Its ridiculous.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Zekk wrote:
Suns are overpowered at all levels. I was dging on my sniper, warped into a red giant sun level with the warp partway up the sun, heading onto the sun... got shot by reavers so i couldnt turn, sun took half my health and reavers took the rest (and PWI failed to move me, much less get me off the sun). Took another death after that to just get off the sun (and PWI failed again) and on the third attempt i was able to escape. Its ridiculous.

PWIs always fail when near a solar object. It isn't as obvious now, but it is the same way it was in c1.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Visorak wrote:
Zekk wrote:

PWIs always fail when near a solar object. It isn't as obvious now, but it is the same way it was in c1.

It is like that coz PWI isnt etheral, your ship will hit warp/planet or w/e else just as any normal non etheral weapon would.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:52 pm

syberian wrote:
It is like that coz PWI isnt etheral, your ship will hit warp/planet or w/e else just as any normal non etheral weapon would.
Yeah, except not. Because bullet collision depends on z-axis shenanigans now.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Zekk wrote:

I thought I had this problem.
Then I realized that by killing all AI in a level, I would not.

It's a HIGH VIS LEVEL. If you have trouble seeing them or getting them to attack, you better be augged 2 Hera+, 2 Sup with an Ande Radar.

But killing all AI would solve every last problem you have. Even the fastest respawn times in a DG are about 4 minutes between the last one(if 8 AI) killed and the next spawn.

An ASSAULT BEHEMOTH SNIPER can get from its max range to the gate within 4 minutes.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

Max235 wrote:
Zekk wrote:

It's a HIGH VIS LEVEL. If you have trouble seeing them or getting them to attack, you better be augged 2 Hera+, 2 Sup with an Ande Radar.

But killing all AI would solve every last problem you have. Even the fastest respawn times in a DG are about 4 minutes between the last one(if 8 AI) killed and the next spawn.

An ASSAULT BEHEMOTH SNIPER can get from its max range to the gate within 4 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

Asmodeaan wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Zekk wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Last edited by Cygnus on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Max235 wrote:

You better be trolling, because that is the stupidest thing I have read since lilith. The point has been so clearly missed, that your argument desynced from the topic and crashed the thread server.

I do not understand. I am confusion. It is me.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

I'm being serious. I have come across (from an SS player's pow) mountains of players who complain that DG's are too hard because they leave half of the AI alive.

And then they die. If they're that strong when you're visible, kill them all when you're not visible?

That being said, I don't like suns sitting ON the gates. Annoying when entering a DG, but then again. If the crappy juju sniper can clear such DG's, surely an "uber" AWC/Absentis/PW sniper can do this faster or with less problems?

This is comparable, from the performance pow for clearing a DG, to a SD Panther or AWC dying in Blob, and complaining that it must be nerfed, knowing full well Fishynoob has that video on Youtube of his vulture killing Blob.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Church. You have no way of knowing if he was warping into the dg for the first time or coming back. My assumption would be the former. Next, this is nothing to do with AI damage. Or even killing AI.

It has everything to do with Suns. and PWIs somehow.

What are you even talking about?

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

Churchill... Fucking hell man, I thought I told you to keep out of my stash?

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 pm