It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 am

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

Post reflectivity
So, for replacing w5. Jeff suggested things like +warp distance capabilities. Which sounds EPIC.

But what about -reflectivity? This would be absolutely amazing, especially in high vis gals, were its no secret, we are practically useless. This is a nice way to incorporate more stealth, and balance in more situations. My idea is to virtually eliminate any reflectivity for seers. Not only will this help us in high vis gals, but it will also let us incorporate different ships and setups. So, by adding no damage stats or crit str or anything, in a sence, you beef seers.

Eventually though, im going to suggest something like. 2x crit str and half crit rate in alignment with current stats. Like while hidden you get 60% rate, while visible, you get 30%, so on.

But for the original topic, what do you guys think? Now that gunner got a major overhaul and will just require tweaking, seer should be nxt.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Last edited by Bastamental on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:55 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Dev/Admins only please.
Bastamental wrote:
NON DEV/ADMINS: Try keep it to a minimum, to avoid derail/not getting anywhere.

So, for replacing w5. Jeff suggested things like +warp distance capabilities. Which sounds EPIC.

But what about -reflectivity? This would be absolutely amazing, especially in high vis gals, were its no secret, we are practically useless. This is a nice way to incorporate more stealth, and balance in more situations. My idea is to virtually eliminate any reflectivity for seers. Not only will this help us in high vis gals, but it will also let us incorporate different ships and setups. So, by adding no damage stats or crit str or anything, in a sence, you beef seers.

Eventually though, im going to suggest something like. 2x crit str and half crit rate in alignment with current stats. Like while hidden you get 60% rate, while visible, you get 30%, so on.

But for the original topic, what do you guys think? Now that gunner got a major overhaul and will just require tweaking, seer should be nxt.

Worst idea ever.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100
Class: Engineer

I was about to post but then I noticed "Dev/Admins only please".

Screw it. I'll post anyway. So what's this suggestion about Basta? Change the title please.

Looks like (just) another seer topic. I suggest seer only custom juxtas or added warp distance for seer if that's possible. Also, seer only PWIs.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

I don't normally play Seer but from what i can see when i do play, the idea about the crit strength is a very bad idea. A seers power is from doing a large amount of damage from one hit. If a good seer misses that hit or does not crit on that hit, the seer can escape to come back again for round 2. In this sense, Crit hit % is a relatively small asset of a seer, with his Crit hit damage a much greater asset. By cutting % in half and doubling DPH, you are essentially beefing seer beyond belief with a very small nerf.

In terms of your suggestion about reflectivity, i don't see any large flaws with it. It serves to normalise a seer's performance across all galaxies and will not be a "beef" as such, since a seer's performance in a non high vis gal will not be greatly increased in any way.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 am

zhuang281 wrote:
In terms of your suggestion about reflectivity, i don't see any large flaws with it. It serves to normalise a seer's performance across all galaxies and will not be a "beef" as such, since a seer's performance in a non high vis gal will not be greatly increased in any way.

This is what I like to hear. Thanks.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821

Post Re: reflectivity
Just lower the sheer amount of red giants.

Honestly, Basta, if you could be stealthy anywhere, you do realize that the admins will nerf seer to the point of only being able to tickle a sniper, before getting one shotted by said sniper?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 am
Content Dev

Assuming that my experience and/or the wiki (http://wiki.starsonata.com/index.php/Visibility) are correct, lower reflectivity would severly lower the range you can detect a ship in.

So, contrary to popular belief, reflectivity does not only affect visibility, but mainly the detection stat. A lower reflectivity makes you a LOT more stealthy since most radars rely on detection, not vision. For that reason, I doubt that lower reflectvitiy for seers is a good idea. It would make them too hard to see, even in normal gals

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:25 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

I thought that you will suggest something different - that seer with w5 would be able to enter another plane of existence. Like it would take 15-30 secs to enter the plane, every thing on screen is turning blue and u can't be seen or shot (maybe with the exception of being seen and shot by another seer on the plane) and you can't shot someone who isnt on the same plane ofc.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 am

Max235 wrote:
Just lower the sheer amount of red giants.

Honestly, Basta, if you could be stealthy anywhere, you do realize that the admins will nerf seer to the point of only being able to tickle a sniper, before getting one shotted by said sniper?

Its kinda like this already for alot of seers. I usually ptweak and burst tank dps him with a ppf, usually I 2 shot him as quick possible, or linicn. Because bothering with standard dph methods isn't too effective against any sniper with a brain.

s_m_w wrote:
Assuming that my experience and/or the wiki (http://wiki.starsonata.com/index.php/Visibility) are correct, lower reflectivity would severly lower the range you can detect a ship in.

So, contrary to popular belief, reflectivity does not only affect visibility, but mainly the detection stat. A lower reflectivity makes you a LOT more stealthy since most radars rely on detection, not vision. For that reason, I doubt that lower reflectvitiy for seers is a good idea. It would make them too hard to see, even in normal gals

How about nerfing all the suns then? Its simply unfair to seers that about 1/2 Galaxys have red giant suns. Again, I remind you.

Seer is virtually USELESS in a high vis gal.

Its not even a debated topic, its fact.

Its not even a debated topic, its fact.Mabe he can get 1 shot in before getting wtf raped or 1 hit. Or mabe he can pwi so he can survive a little longer. But in the end, no, seer is worthless in a high vis gal. This is most likely the most major flaw ive ever seen in any class. The only reason I personally can pull out the same dps/dph is because I spent 40b+ on augmenters that give me 100% crit rate. Most other seers wont even be able to crit.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm

A traditional DPH seer is useless in a high vis gal. Not, all seers.

You'll get more life in a non high vis gal, but only defeatist seers think that they are useless.

The thing needed is lowering the chance of a gal having one, as randomly generated by said generator. Not making said suns weaker. A squad has to have some sort of sanctuary short of getting a sup radar controller engineer or getting another seer or getting a PW sniper, to defend against a seer.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Max235 wrote:
A traditional DPH seer is useless in a high vis gal. Not, all seers.

How about this, stop being legalistic. You dont have 1, nobody does. Mabe 1...person. Buts its most likely crap.

Example:

Traveling to DG

Warping in a DG and instantly dying.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I never said it was a traditional setup.

Though, I have to say, wheres your pwi? Or do you not have one?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Max235 wrote:
I never said it was a traditional setup.

Though, I have to say, wheres your pwi? Or do you not have one?

I have a pwi that I can use but it completely banks my elec for a good 15-30 seconds, so I dont use it. I love my hop drive though, its amazing for dodging walls of bullets. Do you have one?

Also, as for your panther setup, it only gets 39k shield and has horrible crit rate. It would get insta raped in any high vis gal.

Btw, stop arguing with me over small shit that dosent matter. The point is, suns should be nerfed. Or Something.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Back on topic: What about -reflectity scaled to when you shoot? That way, you can shoot someone, and the other guy 800-1k away wont see you.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 pm

As I said, less suns. That prevents the problem of a squad of seers making everyone's life hell(pirates), and gives people a chance to find high ground.

That setup I gave you is not a dging or pvp setup, hence the fact it's designed around thoraxes. However it works in high vis gals.

So my train of thought that you have not guessed, though as it is obvious. What situation can a seer find a high vis galaxy where all he needs to be is just enough shields to survive most single shots.

Maybe, it's a galaxy with a monkey or a set of charge drones? No. That can't be. Churchill is obviously trying to trick you, Basta.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:08 pm