It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:36 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Alien Archaeology Dig Sites(Ruins).
In random galaxies, (Earthforce, Wild Space, and Perilous Space) a green wormhole or two would exist. On top of the wormhole sits a Bulk Trader I, which contains the Foreman to the dig site.

Disclaimer: The "ship" is an invincible and untractorable pillbox.

The player would be able to open comms with the ship, and talk to the foreman for a mission pertaining to the dig site. The mission is based on the race the dig site is about, and a lottery system like how the Olympus Dailies run.

The mission the player gets will also contain an unstable neural key, for use for himself, or his squad, to enter the dig site and complete the mission.

The reward for completing the mission is:

1. A hefty credit stick, value depending on Danger Factor.*
2. Any salvage-able loot gleaned off potentially enemy AI's.
3. A randomly generated ruin pertaining to the race in the dig site.**

*Also based off the squad size. More people would actually have more monetary reward, but each new person reduces the average per squad member.

**This ruin is based on the Danger Factor of the site. A DF300 site will glean things like Bule Magno Force, Mzungu Rumble, Vazaha Sanctuary XX, and Faranji Fleet Carrier (My suggestion, back off). It will NEVER produce a Mz Pulse Shotty or Bule Insanity.

However, you are not guarantee such good item each time. Most of the time, you won't get any ruin, as whatever dug up crumbles to dust.

The missions are based off the race, the difficulty, and the lottery. Fully expect DF300 Sites to be difficult. You may need to bring friends. Not too many friends; a second person has a group cred reward of 85% of what the squad leader would get.

Note: All 4 races have a chance for an UrQa Fleet to stop and say hello as one of the lottery missions.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Alien Archaeology Dig Sites(Ruins).
I like this.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

i very like this idea.. /pb345

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

"Credit Stick"? :?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

Saw a post on suggestions.

Saw the writer was Churchill.

Realised there would be a pagefull of writing.

Decided not to bother reading it.

/signed

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Cygnus wrote:
"Credit Stick"? :?

Big reference to star wars franchise located within SS Lore.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Wasn't the cred stick only mentioned once in all of the star wars movies? Note: specifically excluding EU.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Yeah, really vague references like that don't make people think something's cool, it just makes them shake their heads in confusion. For example, me; I could have commented on the suggestion itself, but that one little thing annoyed me so much that it's all I posted about. Even though the rest of the suggestion was fine.

It's like leaving wood dust on the floor and being surprised when people just throw it away instead of sending it in for a materials comparison with the Shroud of Turin.

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Well, would you prefer it being called "Lots of Credits based on Danger Factor"?

C'mon Cygnus, would you like such bland descriptions of sparkly vampires being in your shorts?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Dunno. I have to admit, the annoyance factor has gotten me more interested in your topic than I probably otherwise would have been. Not that that's necessarily a good thing.

Do you have any ideas for how exactly the missions would take place? Would be nice to have a bit more detail in that direction.

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail

I personally enjoy obscure Star Wars references, though I am a bit more of an EU fan.

Visorak wrote:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Not sure what you mean exactly, but this is how I think the missions should go.

The player(squad) enters the instance with the key, which decays. A Site template spawns a series of things that need to be done to neutralize the containment field around the "ruin".

The template for the lower DF Sites is applied, more or less, to the tougher ones, so a person doing a DF30 Site knows the basic idea on what to do for the DF280 one.

For example, if you were unlucky enough to get the UrQa'uan fleet in a DF400 Site, you'll be looking at an UrQa Dreadnought, protected by a 8 UrQa Battleships(Triple MFing Qokuji with 5x the shields and 2x the range), with a constant spawn of UrQa Juju Fighters(Tier2) from the Dread.

A DF50 Site that gets the same problem would probably sport a Level 500 Juju as a flagship for the scouting force, and like 6 Suqqa's for support.

But say, you got the generator problem. You will need to activate(kill) various generators scattered around the galaxy before the first reaches 100% again. Such gens are protected by debris fields and a pretty heavy nerf to beam range.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

kilua wrote:
i very like this idea.. /pb345

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Reply inbound.
Max235 wrote:
Not sure what you mean exactly, but this is how I think the missions should go.
k, against anything that is like daily, but what ev... (there's also a massive sector of people who play mmos who are sick of it, would be bad idea...)
The player(squad) enters the instance with the key, which decays. A Site template spawns a series of things that need to be done to neutralize the containment field around the "ruin".
See? Right there. Instance. That's where I have a problem. I miss the days when this game had none. It's just an aweful idea compared to the feel of the original game. "I know! Let's facilitate farming by locking the rest of the god damn universe out. Let grind PvP into the dust just a little bit more"
The template for the lower DF Sites is applied, more or less, to the tougher ones, so a person doing a DF30 Site knows the basic idea on what to do for the DF280 one.
Great. More facilitation of farming?

For example, if you were unlucky enough to get the UrQa'uan fleet in a DF400 Site, you'll be looking at an UrQa Dreadnought, protected by a 8 UrQa Battleships(Triple MFing Qokuji with 5x the shields and 2x the range), with a constant spawn of UrQa Juju Fighters(Tier2) from the Dread.
God fucking damn it. Do I really have to qoute Calypso?
Quote:
Finally, stop calling them the Ur'Quan. That is not their name, they are the UrQa, All notes in parentheses are courtsey of CALYPSO, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL.)
Learn the lore before you suggest its use. Don't get me wrong, I hate your idea :P. But an idea I would like would be to actually have the UrQa out in the universe doing what it is they're supposed to do, kill shit. I'd seriously like to see dev time spent on that vs a daily instance/random farmable shit purpously designed to give you things in a game that's supposed to be basicly players given a universe as is and fighting over it. Enough with the carebear.
A DF50 Site that gets the same problem would probably sport a Level 500 Juju as a flagship for the scouting force, and like 6 Suqqa's for support.
k, examples, good. Wondering wtf, but good. I'm going to need more explanation. I was also not aware scouting forces had flagships. UrQa usually just scouts... but...

But say, you got the generator problem. Hold on here.... Wat. You will need to activate(kill) various generators scattered around the galaxy before the first reaches 100% again. Such gens are protected by debris fields and a pretty heavy nerf to beam range.
Uh... Sure?

In all honesty, nice work with the apostrophe instead of just slapping uan to the end of UrQa. More than I expect from the rest of the masses, really...

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail

It's one thing to provide constructive comments, whether you agree or not. It's something very different if you're going to bash the person.

I call them UrQa'uan because I like it. It sounds good as a PLURAL.

You cannot farm these things. YOU are locked out from that particular instance upon completion. You may stay after you're done, but nothing happens. You can be there until the Universe ends, but nothing happens.

The trigger comes from the mission itself. Once you complete the mission, no more triggers. To get a new mission, you need to leave the instance. Once you leave, you're locked out from that particular site for 24 hours.

You may do one that may or may not be 300 distance away, but that particular one you cannot do.

The missions are random. You cannot predict what you'll get from instance to instance. You can be ready by doing easy ones, but you'll never know what the exact mission will be beforehand. If you back out and decide not to take the mission, the key decays and you are now locked out.

Why an instance? To denote the special galaxy. The placement of said galaxies may be random, but the mission requires a special galaxy, where a specific spawn can take place. Hence, instanced. To clear up clutter and handle more than 2000 people.

Do we make it instanced after SS gets to be 50k people and is bursting from the seams? Or do we do it now and have an empty universe?

Also, consider the bashing reported.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 pm