It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

Post Re: Missiles
One thing I will say:

Unlike the tier 1 missiles, using the lower tech level ones is full worth it.

Example #1:

The lowest MIRV launches x3 missiles; the highest x5. For the tech level, the damage multiplication is far higher.

Example #2:

Any & all debuffs ~ the differences between the tech levels are only 5% / -5 seconds duration / tier. A -10% shield regen debuf on a low level AI is far more effective than -15% on a boss mob. Same for speed etc.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Cpt Mawson
Level: 1011
Class: Shield Monkey

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
One thing I will say:

Unlike the tier 1 missiles, using the lower tech level ones is full worth it.

Example #1:

The lowest MIRV launches x3 missiles; the highest x5. For the tech level, the damage multiplication is far higher.

Example #2:

Any & all debuffs ~ the differences between the tech levels are only 5% / -5 seconds duration / tier. A -10% shield regen debuf on a low level AI is far more effective than -15% on a boss mob. Same for speed etc.

So does this mean i have to build x3 more factories? :P

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

What you have to realize, Aurora, is that people are no longer criticizing the overall missile system; they are now focusing on the more minor details of the missiles themselves. Turning rate, aim, etc, they will all be focused on more now than before, because of the variety of awesome choices they have.

Take this as a compliment; it means that so far you've done well enough that people don't have any room to complain about what you've done. Instead, they are complaining about legacy features you didn't see fit to change, which is very much constructive criticism, seeing how unfinished missiles were when they were first added.

I myself feel that the legacy features of missiles are very sloppy; their ability to hit, their speed, their turning speed, all of these things contribute to make them act like much more of a shoddy effort than they, in fact, are.

To sum up: People continue to complain and suggest because, regardless of changes made, they remain unsatisfied, to whatever degree. THIS is what you should take into consideration, rather than their actual suggestions(which are often nonsensical and unbalanced).

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail