It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Capital Ships.(Some lore and concepts)
Note: first one is T13, second is T17, and third is T20.

1. Kalthi Capital Ships, while they do use missiles to some degree, are very aggressive warships. Their pilots do not like sitting back and pounding from afar.

Quote:
Kalthi Vindicator
A T13 Capital Ship designed around using guns rather than missiles. Instead of relying on massive shield bank and resists, it uses speed and agility to avoid damage.

Kalthi Retribution
A T17 Capital Ship that like the Vindicator, uses guns rather than missiles. To discourage using missiles, it comes with a weak inbuilt Launcher that instead acts like a third augmenter.

Kalthi Punishment
A T20 Capital Ship from the Kalthi Shipyards. The pinnacle of being a Gunship, it is all gun and no missile. In fact, the Launcher even has a limit of 0 missiles, but also comes with more powerful inbuilts.

2. Eupeanning Defense Alliance is the old Eupeanning Federation after being driven out by the warmongering Ammacans, before the latter became Earthforce. The EDA took to the stars and have made their home in Alpha Centauri 2, a galaxy that should be added to Earthforce Layer. The EDF use limited amounts of guns and instead favor nuking things from a distance.

Quote:
EDA Frigate
A T13 Missile Boat. With only 1 weapon slot, the choices for self defense from guns is very poor. On the other hand, the missile launcher catapults missiles out the airlock and makes them hit harder.

EDA Cruiser
The Cruiser is the big brother of the Frigate, combining scary missile power with heavier resists. In addition to the missile carnage potential, the ship can deploy a mobile drone that attacks enemies with the lowest shields first.

EDA Battleship
The T20 missile slinging monster from hell! Limited short range defense, massive potential to unleash the power of the atom. It comes with point defense drones and even a special mobile missile factory.

3. Illegally, the Blue Pirates developed long range endurance ships for pirating Earthforce Outposts deep into lawless space. Each ship had to ferry not only weapons, but smaller attack craft.

Quote:
Space Blue Epsilon
The Epsilon is a small carrier loosely based on the Earthforce Frigate. It carries a mobile factory for producing Space Blue Interceptor Fighters. Unlike the EFF, the Epsilon does not have terrible resists.

Space Blue Lambda
The Lambda is a medium sized carrier with a factory for Space Blue Assault Fighters(Looks like a Delta fighter). Shield bonus is limited, but resists are pretty good.

Space Blue Omicron
The Omicron is a large carrier with a factory for Space Blue Strategic Fighters(Mini SBB's). It has two aura slots, one of which is taken up by a +tracking and +elect aura.

4. A secret group of Lyceum Scientists have combined Zaphragi tech with their latest Fighters. The result is unorthodox, but neverthelss quite powerful.

Quote:
Radiant Microwave
Unlike other capital ships, the Radiant ships are small, fast, and nimble. Due to the nature of their ultra strong radiation damage bonus, the Microwave and its sister ships cannot be slaved.

Radiant Ultraviolet
While the Ultraviolet is larger, and therefore has more hull, it is not designed to launch fighters. On the other hand, the large radiation damage buff and area of effect rad super makes up for it.

Radiant Ionization
Be careful when engaging an Ionization. Not only does it have a huge radiation bonus and a stronger area of effect super, but the ship has a +100% bonus to Multi-firing.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 pm
Content Dev

Post Re: Capital Ships.(Some lore and concepts)
I did not make up the Kalthi lore, no comment on that.

Quote:
Eupeanning[...]Ammacans

No. I would like to have as little connection to any kind of RL politics as possible, even if disguised as clever puns or gibberish.

Space Blue Capships sound like a possibility.

Quote:
Unlike other capital ships, the Radiant ships are small, fast, and nimble.

I want capital ships to feel like capital ships, not like light fighters.
I'm also not a fan of the names you gave them. Piloting a microwave sounds quite odd.
If scientists combined their research with zaphragi tech, why are they focused on radiation? Almost all UZ AI use physical. In fact, there isn't even any kind of AI that uses radiation damage at all in there.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Perfect way on completely separating thoughts.

Quote:
The Emperor's Ray is a piece of Zaphragi tech. The Zaphragi are the only living race, as noted in lore, that uses any form of radiation. Which happens to be the specific damage type that Fleet Commanders use. All three names relate to radiation.

The problem with FC's not using slaves was the fact that the bonus isn't enough. It's a very specific damage type that many ships had a resist buff against. So the best way to make use of the bonus without using a slave was to max out the damage potential. Four augs of a Light Fighter trumps three augs of a Zebra and two of a Dread.

(Also, who the hell wants to fly an animal through space where it burns, freezes, or chokes to death?)

In fact, only three FC's did go without slaves. Two used Panthers, and one used an Unt Fwing. Any other ship would be problematic with the damage potential.

While I said they would be nimble, they are still capital ships. You can be nimble and heavy at the same time. Jey used a Hera+/Caly+ Dread with a travel field 6 for a while as FC. I suppose that the Dread is not a heavy ship?

They can be a "bit" big, but the point is that they're small, for capital ships. Earthforce Frigates are pretty big then, when compared to an Earthforce Dreadnought that dwarfs them by a factor of 12?

A Lion is bigger than an Earthforce Frigate....

Quote:
I could not find any race that fit the complete and polar opposite description of "aggressive guns, limited missiles". The closest I came was Earthforce, and we both know thats already taken up by its own Capital Line.

Another candidate was the Tears(and Drops). But we don't know if they're even capable of building ships. And they're certainly not a long range group.

So I made a new "race". I find that Earthforce are very bully-like and arrogant, just like how the United States is when concerning all the wars we like to get involved with.

So I figured it'd be cool if Earthforce's bullying of its own species, Humans, bit them in the butt. What better way than kicking a country off Earth, and having them declare war on Earthforce later with missile slinging ships?

Quote:
But, the "groups were evenly split up into the classes that would actually pilot them.

Kalthi = Gunner
EDA = Gunner
Space Blue = FC
Radiant = FC

What would a Gunner have use for on series of ships that might have instead of an inbuilt rad buff, an actual inbuilt rad weapon? It's not going to be MF'd, and the ship could easily have a weak fighter bay instead of missile launcher.

Why would a FC want to send missiles off instead of Fighters?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Team: None
Main: Shadow-Blade-Iathan
Level: 69
Class: None

You should probably edit the part about the United States out, Churchy. You're just going to start a political discussion.

So far, I agree partly with s_m_w and partly with you.

TheGrandOptimist's Trading Depot
Thyme - TheGrandOptimist - Shadow-Blade-Iathan

"Rather let the crime of the guilty go unpunished than condemn the innocent."

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Why should it make a political discussion? It has nothing to do with the actual suggestion. It's just some made up lore to explain something instead of going "Because it exists".

Besides, anything NOT pertaining to the suggestion is subject to being deleted. Repeat attempts will end up with a forum ban.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

It would be nice to have some ships that are more like HF/capship hybrids than we currently have. Quite a bit like the pax battle frigate, perhaps, except...sorta the opposite. Small(er), fast(er), and heavy(about the same), with similar resists but lower shield and energybank bonuses.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Quote:
Eupeanning

Quote:
Ammacan

Wat.

Last edited by Griffin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 pm
Content Dev

Max235 wrote:
Besides, anything NOT pertaining to the suggestion is subject to being deleted. Repeat attempts will end up with a forum ban.

I will be the judge of that.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile E-mail

s_m_w wrote:
Max235 wrote:

I will be the judge of that.

I was going off what Precursor said. People should read that guideline before risking the chance of being banned from derailing topics.

I for one actually read the rules on a forum. Unlike some of the spammer on this game...

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

You called churchy?

Anyways, I really like these ideas, new content is always good!

/pb345

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail