It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post High DF loot
Random MF Reaver: dem frag
MF3 Forgone boss: Attached Station Kit IX

How long is it going to take for this to sink in? I don't care about actual drop rates of good stuff, but it's demoralizing for the little guys to drop the nice stuff and the bosses to drop crap. Should be the other way around if nothing else.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982
Class: Engineer

Post Re: High DF loot
soo agree here and generally mid range df dgs drop better than higher dfs which is pretty stupid considering the harder of the dgs should drop better loot,
saw someone else put it somewhere but =P move venu gear station kits and stuff down to df 200-300 and get something a bit better on the lists of high dfs

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: DIE
Level: 3402

I agree, a guard dropped me a zeus aug and main boss dropped me a a fucking launching tube and a sup thrust aug -.-

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Some high DF DGs are very easy to solo on SD or Sniper so I can understand not wanting the loot to be too great. However, we already have a number of uber boss AI in game that should reliably drop well:

Delquad
Hive
Hawk / Roc
Omega Battlestation (absolutely awful loot from these)
Condor (underpowered)
2.8k Wattage (majorly underpowered)

Most of these don't even seem to have special drop tables; I've killed tons of Delquad bosses and never gotten anything I couldn't get from an MF Forgone boss. I also don't agree with the Hawk concept since it's straightforward to kill them with Sniper and nigh on impossible for most other classes; Hives and Delquads strike me as much more balanced.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

anilv wrote:
Some high DF DGs are very easy to solo on SD or Sniper so I can understand not wanting the loot to be too great. However, we already have a number of uber boss AI in game that should reliably drop well:

Delquad
Hive
Hawk / Roc
Omega Battlestation
(absolutely awful loot from these)
Condor (underpowered)
2.8k Wattage(majorly underpowered)

Most of these don't even seem to have special drop tables; I've killed tons of Delquad bosses and never gotten anything I couldn't get from an MF Forgone boss. I also don't agree with the Hawk concept since it's straightforward to kill them with Sniper and nigh on impossible for most other classes; Hives and Delquads strike me as much more balanced.

Especially these. I don't expect Venusian gear or Hydra gear from those, I expect things like HGG bps or Dem (occasionally), Prawn Pieces SOMETIMES, GGnTs, Antimatter Drivers that kind of shit, not Attached kits or blueprints.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

I am not a fan of these kind of bosses being changed to always drop an item that is worth quite a lot and is easily sellable on the market. The problem is that it is too easy to already find these bosses and solely do them over and over. Just look at camping of Level 2800 Wattages.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 am

seanla4350 wrote:
I am not a fan of these kind of bosses being changed to always drop an item that is worth quite a lot and is easily sellable on the market. The problem is that it is too easy to already find these bosses and solely do them over and over. Just look at camping of Level 2800 Wattages.

They drop jack shit nowdays.

password wrote:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:38 am
Profile E-mail

Tomzta09 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Eventually you get a good item or two, but you really can't say that that and that boss should drop terrible loot and that and that should drop good loot. Then you need to wait for DGs to be randomized so that you can't choose what boss to do. If you warp into a DG and the AI/bosses are randomly created then yes I agree that warping into a Delquad boss or Hawk boss should give something better than an Attached Station Kit IX.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:49 am

seanla4350 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Eventually you get a good item or two, but you really can't say that that and that boss should drop terrible loot and that and that should drop good loot. Then you need to wait for DGs to be randomized so that you can't choose what boss to do. If you warp into a DG and the AI/bosses are randomly created then yes I agree that warping into a Delquad boss or Hawk boss should give something better than an Attached Station Kit IX.

Hmmm... DG AIs randomly created when you warp in, i like the sound of that, give them random weapons aswell, more of a challenge.

password wrote:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:55 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

well it is a slap in the face when you kill a delquad and it drops you an enseek radar

VaporiZe!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 am
Profile E-mail

Well asking for the tables to be changed so that you can constantly do Delquad DGs to get MF Bots, Equiovocations and so on is not going to happen tho.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:11 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

id like to see harder DG's with level 3000-4000 ai

currently killing 8 thousand MF reavers for 100 levels is just omg why am i doing this i want to go to bed please make it stop fuck my life.

sort of thing :)

DF 500 DGs FTW

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

delquad and wattage bosses shouldnt drop good stuff all of the time but they shouldnt drop enseek radars -_-

VaporiZe!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:05 am
Profile E-mail

seanla4350 wrote:

The argument I was making is that there's no point in killing harder bosses (Hives and so on) if they don't drop better than MF3 Bigger Greens. I don't have access to the drop tables but I do know that I farmed Delquad and Hive bosses on my Zerk for about 500 levels and never got the feeling I was getting chances at exceptional loot. The other ones I put on the list (Hawk, 2.8k Wattage, Condor, and Battlestation) are there because they too do not occur as generic DG AI; however, they're much too easy in their current forms to merit higher quality loot.

Randomized DGs / boss levels would be interesting, but I wouldn't want every DG in game randomized. It would mess people up who just want to gear for specific AI and kill them for a while. Maybe we need some higher DF DGs that include random elements (and hopefully more than one type of AI per level).

Finally, you'll notice in my first post that I did not propose an increase to the overall quality of the loot. I'm simply pointing out that if you do an MF Reaver DG, you have a good chance of getting better stuff from the guards in the the first level than from the boss.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 am

anilv wrote:
if you do an MF Reaver DG, you have a good chance of getting better stuff from the guards in the the first level than from the boss.

That.

password wrote:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail