It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:03 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Post Seer Fixing
As I'm sure that everyone knows, Seers are next in line for balancing after Gunners (which I'm guessing are aproximately 75% of the way through). So I guess this is kind of a brainstorm I'm making seeing as how I'm bored and it would be nice to get the entire community thinking of how to balance this class.

Problems with Seer class
There actually seems to not be too much wrong with the mechanics of Seer (for example they don't have a borked DPS system like the old missiles). However some of the main problems I've identified are: raw power compared to Sniper, trivial perks to the class, the over reliance on chance/need to fill in gaps of the class with augmentations, and difficulty of levelling when taken early on, and lastly the lack of stealth abilities at lower levels.

Fixing these problems
Let's start off with the stats taken from wiki, and I will try to take parts and explain what exactly is not fitting, as well as give some proposed solutions.

Quote:
Seers 'See all.' The Seer Class gives +2% Damage, +1% Ethereal weapon damage and improved Warp abilities such that at Seer Class 16, you can pass through Warp 4 gates such as Juxtaposition and The Serengeti. These stats are also amplified by 3 tertiary skills availible only to Seer Class via the Seer's Conclave in Lyceum:

Psionic Shrouding: 'Shroud yourself in a mental fog.' +5% Stealth, +5% Critical hit resistance
Psychic Sight: 'Use your 6th sense to know your enemy.' +5% Vision, +5% Critical hit damage
Shadow Ambush: 'Wait until their backs are turned.' +3% Critical Hit Percentage when unseen by target, +3% Damage when striking from behind

Going from the top down, one of the first problems that can be seen is the "improved warp abilities". The reason why this is a problem is that: A. This serves no purpose in later levels, and B. This gives an unfair advantage to lower level Seers as opposed to other classes (although this bonus has shrunken considerably due to the amount of SP each skill takes changing). My proposal to fix this is rather simple, and would be useful at all levels inside and outside PvP.

Basically, in exchange for the improved warp capabilities, give Seer Class +1.5% shield regeneration per level. You may be thinking right now: "But Stabby! Seers don't need shield regeneration in PvP!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!" However, think about this: in an active PvP situation, Seers are at their most vulnerable when exposed to enemy radar. Unfortunately, this is also the only way to get healed unless you have a nearby Engi with ACharges that have nice radar. Not only this, but it has a very good PvE application. While Seers are just training, seeing as how it is a difficult class to master, they are bound to get hit often. This is why they need to be able to recover from shots and be forced to wait around and regen shields.

Next problem: low level Seers have trouble staying under the radar of enemy AI at lower levels. So why is this? The cause of this problem is very obvious: Seers only gain stealth from a SINGLE TERTIARY SKILL. Tertiary skills, no matter what the level, cost more than both Seer Class or Recon Focus because there are three instead of two.

How to fix this: give Seer Class +2% stealth per level and make Psionic Shrouding have +2% Stealth instead of +4%. This adds up to +96% stealth, which is 4% less than current stats but meh, it doesn't matter in the scheme of things. So as a result of this, low level Seers will have to dump less SP into a single tertiary skill.

Next problem: Lack of DPH. The simplest way to fix this would be to introduce stats exactly the same as Sniper's efficiency. However, I believe there is something more fitting an unique that could be done for Seer. Give Psionic Shrouding +2% more damage per level, and also give it +5% recoil per level WHEN SEEN BY THE TARGET. So to this you might think: "Stabby, then people will just target planets and asteroids and shiz!!!!11!!!11" However, that's not a real problem. The only way that this could be used is if the Seer uses a non-ethereal weapons. Which means giving up the 40% damage anyway!

The last identified problem with Seer Class: the reliance on chance that could mean the difference between life or death. That is to say: critical hit chance. Even when ambushing someone, there is still a chance that the Seer will not do a critical hit. Shadow Ambush gives +60% critical hit chance, so if one of the tertiary skills were to be given extra crit hit chance, maxed out Seers will have reliable crits. So we does this by:giving Psionic Sight +1.25% critical hit chance per level.

So this is what I could think of after an hour and a half of thinking/typing on my phone. So as a final product: this is what Seer will look like:
Quote:
Seer Class: +1.5% shield regeneration per level, +2% damage per level, +2% ethereal damage per level, +2% stealth per level.

Psionic Shrouding: +2% stealth per level, +2% damage per level, +2% recoil when seen by target per level, +5% critical hit resistance per level.

Psionic Sight: +5% vision per level, +5% critical hit damage per level, +1.25% critical hit chance when unseen by target per level.

Shadow Ambush: +3% critical hit chance when unseen by target per level, +3% damage when hitting from behind per level.

So without further delay:

/discuss.

Last edited by Griffin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Seer Fixing
You have no idea how powerful t21 seers can be.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail

playerboy345 wrote:
You have no idea how powerful t21 seers can be.

That's JUST T21 Seers, which means there's a problem with T21 augs/ships, not Seer itself.

Also, weren't you bragging how you PWave Sniper could kill just about anything?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

That's way to much damage efficiency for just class skills.

Increase the recoil to +5% per level, and take away "when seen by target" increase the critical hit str per level, not the percentage. end game seers can reach 100% critical percentage very, very easily with class skills, they need a critical hit strength skill, not percentage.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

Griffin wrote:
weren't you bragging how you PWave Sniper could kill just about anything?

Its a lie. His team flag says it all!

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

paxiprime wrote:

That's way to much damage efficiency for just class skills.

Increase the recoil to +5% per level, and take away "when seen by target" increase the critical hit str per level, not the percentage. end game seers can reach 100% critical percentage very, very easily with class skills, they need a critical hit strength skill, not percentage.

^This. Is pretty good, needs tweaking though.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 pm

If recoil was changed to +5% and the unseen by target part were take away, the DPS would be 60% less.

Not only that, but this unseen by target part rewards Seers who manage to stay unseen.

Any other ideas/rebuttals?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

Seer is fine as it is the only thing that needs changing is warp navigation. WE DONT NEED warp 5 when there isnt any warp 5 gates.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail

its not about DPS, its about DPH. If you keep the stats you have currently, seer will be extremely broken at the higher levels with high rof setups.

In my mind a seer should deal a deadly blow, run away and regen from any possible attacks while it was visible and then come back for more. A good seer can balance this with increased efficiency so that the target is dead before it even has a chance to attack.

Also lets not forget about balancing high DPE high DPS and self damaging weapons. A good seer with 19k shield bank can do about 300k+ dmg with that 19k shield bank in just a few seconds due to self damaging weapons hurting you before critical hit bonuses. Seer is one of the most efficient dps classes in game currently. I really like your current template, adding shield regeneration is an important part of the balancing, but lowering the rof more, and increasing crit str is what the class needs.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

I guess I actually agree with you. What would you recommend for stats?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 pm

paxiprime wrote:
A good seer with 19k shield bank can do about 300k+ dmg with that 19k shield bank in just a few seconds due to self damaging weapons hurting you before critical hit bonuses.

Gee' wonder what noob figured that one out.....

Look at my suggestion, it has the answer.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Bastamental wrote:
paxiprime wrote:
A good seer with 19k shield bank can do about 300k+ dmg with that 19k shield bank in just a few seconds due to self damaging weapons hurting you before critical hit bonuses.

Gee' wonder what noob figured that one out.....

Look at my suggestion, it has the answer.

Ye, this looks like a broken mechanic.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Not atal! I had to combine a panther tweak+PPGT+ swifty.

I used a lincin, and it still hurts me ALOT.

So its impossible to keep that dps up, I would have to wait another 45 seconds for the panther tweak to show up. So its a different aspect of dph, more like, do very burst dps in a second or 2. So its kinda similar to dph.

If self damage was calculated to hurt me after critical hit str, I would 1 hit my shield. I guarantee it.

In ratio to a regular lion lincining, the self damage is the same, is comparison to his 100k sheild and my 20k sheild.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Last edited by Bastamental on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Any thoughts on the original post AEM? Do you think that some of it could help remedy the Seer problem?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:

Ye, this looks like a broken mechanic.

Its not a broken mechanic, its an evolution of the code which has been written. This is also why shm's use mz cloaks, because every crit with a transference weapon adds trans efficiency. If this is changed, it will fundamentally destroy a lot of setups based around critical damage.

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next