No 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Never! 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 26

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

Post Ready Made Microwave Bases?
This is probably overpowered but I'm only suggesting it because base laying is monotonous.

Hows about the ability to access item form kits while docked and transfering your base gear onto the bases, then you can lay these geared kits (obviously they would have 0 shields and energy to start with 0) and be able to lay kits much faster.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Last edited by Species 8472 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: master802
Level: 2251
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Ready Made Microwave Bases?
I would say yes only if you can't deploy them if your gal is getting attacked/attacking someones gal.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207
Class: Engineer

I would say yes if not within the first 48 hours of reset.
The way I see it, you should be able to go in and drop and do a few defense kits yourself at reset, the only non-abusable use for this is the dozens of colonies and EE kits that are clearly not going to be rape material..Maybe some tag on it, cannot be used by a StM, nor transferred for 30mins [so the first bit isn't abusable?]

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874

Sounds complicated... difficulty of base-laying and getting attacked in your freighter is supposedly part of the fun

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail

master802 wrote:
I would say yes only if you can't deploy them if your gal is getting attacked/attacking someones gal.

Agree with this completely! :D

andezrhode3 wrote:
The way I see it, you should be able to go in and drop and do a few defense kits yourself at reset, the only non-abusable use for this is the dozens of colonies and EE kits that are clearly not going to be rape material..Maybe some tag on it, cannot be used by a StM, nor transferred for 30mins [so the first bit isn't abusable?]

Hmm it's perhaps StM kits you want to deploy first to secure the galaxy since colonies tend to be any old gear you can throw on (of less importance).

I think if this were to go in, the base kit with the gear inside it would have to increase in size proportionally to what gear you put on it. Therefore would usually have to be laid using a sphere / thatch or whatever.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

What about 'planning' these kits with the help of an item? Maybe throw in the ability to save one or two layouts as well (colos).

Open the base, throw in the coordinator and then everything else you want, in order.
(Note, the actual item remains within whichever ship you wanted, it has merely been assigned to that base).

After the base has been placed it is then possible to assign slaves to the base/a specific (in use) transmitter; the slaves will then trace whichever docked ship has the corresponding item and start to shift a % of each item. Until the appropriate amount of space an item consumes has been moved it does not function in the base (nor can it be removed from your storage ship). This proceeds in the preselected order until an error occurs or the base is completed.

If the base is destroyed or some such any gear stuck in limbo will automatically revert back to the storage ship (making it go poof seems kind of harsh... % damage that must be repaired)?

Dunno, I just think that prepackaged bases seem a bit hax. I'd rather set my slaves to work.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

How would you regulate the size of these things? A normal kit is 100-200 size or so, just transfer your achilles gear into it, and boom, instant free storage!

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Cygnus wrote:
How would you regulate the size of these things? A normal kit is 100-200 size or so, just transfer your achilles gear into it, and boom, instant free storage!

I'd presume that it becomes a packed kit or something and is as large/weighs as much as the total components+ kit.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:52 pm
Profile E-mail

The Salty One wrote:
Cygnus wrote:

I'd presume that it becomes a packed kit or something and is as large/weighs as much as the total components+ kit.

Hell the ability to scoop your bases would improve my life 10 fold ;) haha, beats the need for having to whack out 20 of each sup aug every uni :l

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

The trouble lies in coding something like that. At the moment, changing the size of an item requires a server restart(afaik), but this would require active on-the-fly size and weight calculations. Hardly a simple matter. If it were possible, I'd be all for it, though. Any chance someone who knows how SS's coding works could comment on this, give us a feasibility estimate?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207

Species 8472 wrote:
master802 wrote:

Agree with this completely! :D

andezrhode3 wrote:

Hmm it's perhaps StM kits you want to deploy first to secure the galaxy since colonies tend to be any old gear you can throw on (of less importance).

I think if this were to go in, the base kit with the gear inside it would have to increase in size proportionally to what gear you put on it. Therefore would usually have to be laid using a sphere / thatch or whatever.

I forsee this idea as a time-saver for laying huge amounts of bases a few days into the uni, not a battle cheat. The skill taken in building a base extremely quickly under pressure is what divides players at reset, along with having Ward+es capable of raping a small army, but that's just me :D

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

This was the first uni I laid important defense bases right after reset. It was pretty thrilling and I don't think it should be made any easier.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Species 8472 wrote:
The Salty One wrote:
Cygnus wrote:

Hell the ability to scoop your bases would improve my life 10 fold ;) haha, beats the need for having to whack out 20 of each sup aug every uni :l

Just do what I do, drop normal t20 shells, tell people they are Ada kits and don't aug them.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 am
Profile E-mail

Chaosking3 wrote:

Just do what I do, drop normal t20 shells, tell people they are Ada kits and don't aug them.

Ahem Spatzz .. where might one find these bases ? ;)

andezrhode3 wrote:

I forsee this idea as a time-saver for laying huge amounts of bases a few days into the uni, not a battle cheat. The skill taken in building a base extremely quickly under pressure is what divides players at reset, along with having Ward+es capable of raping a small army, but that's just me :D

As long as it can't be abused in battle I think it's worth looking into for galaxy defence bases at reset .. everyone will have the same ability to lay a defence base if you are wanting to attack at your boarders, would make BvB much more suprising ;)

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

But yeah, making bases is tedious but it can also be cut down in annoyance by magnitudes if you plan ahead of time, which not many people do. I know some folks stick individual base sets in Thatches so they can just transfer all and set-up a base from there.

Prom also makes the valid point that building a base at a certain speed is indeed a skill. You need to know exactly what to put in what numbers to get everything on as quickly as possible with no need for any calculations or extra clicks.

This idea is sort of cool but uneeded.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 am
Profile E-mail