No 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Never! 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 26

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Ready Made Microwave Bases?
Pre-equipped bases could easily be abuseable in bvb. Part of the risk to an attacker is it takes some time to actually set up a base.

Maybe if there was a build time attached to the base where it had only bubble wrap equipped and couldn't be docked at until the build was completed. In addition there would probably need to be something like increased build time on the bases deployed during combat, but I don't know how that could be well constructed. Or perhaps pre-made kits could only be deployed in a galaxy you own, that has no hostile players. Something like that.

Pre-made kits should definately be vulnerable until they have fully deployed, and then start regenerating their shields and energy banks normally.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 am

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Cygnus wrote:
The trouble lies in coding something like that. At the moment, changing the size of an item requires a server restart(afaik), but this would require active on-the-fly size and weight calculations. Hardly a simple matter. If it were possible, I'd be all for it, though. Any chance someone who knows how SS's coding works could comment on this, give us a feasibility estimate?

I'd assume that it would create a new item while destroying the existing components.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Or just start exponentially increasing the size of predeployed kits.

The best a predeployed should get would be an equivalent of Laconia, or maybe Golden. But deploying a T20 version is going to need a Singularity Sphere to deploy, due to the 300k-800k size problem.

I'm talking about HUGE, probably as big, or bigger than a full set of Z gear.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 am

Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

I think i agree with spatzz.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

You could always restrict ready-made bases to galaxies that are owned by you or your team. That way the first kit has to be laid and the galaxy owned before you can plant these.

That should remove any abusable aspects as far as BVB since you could not lay them in enemy territories.

This keeps the first kit or two at reset built the old fashioned way and gives you the chance to deploy the bases quicker and easier after you own your galaxy. Building is extremely tedious and takes a lot of time and something like this might cut it down by a bit.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

I like your idea goldstar .. as long as it's not used for quickly owning half the galaxy / BvBing I don't see the problem with this .. it basically just speeds up the lengthy process of getting setup and having to build the same old bases all over again.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

saran wrote:
You could always restrict ready-made bases to galaxies that are owned by you or your team. That way the first kit has to be laid and the galaxy owned before you can plant these.

That should remove any abusable aspects as far as BVB since you could not lay them in enemy territories.

This keeps the first kit or two at reset built the old fashioned way and gives you the chance to deploy the bases quicker and easier after you own your galaxy. Building is extremely tedious and takes a lot of time and something like this might cut it down by a bit.

Not true at all. It would be abuseable *on defense* because you could spam healing kits if say, a critical galaxy or your HQ or something comes under attack.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

skyfyre wrote:
Not true at all. It would be abuseable *on defense* because you could spam healing kits if say, a critical galaxy or your HQ or something comes under attack.

HPS kits would come under restricted use, going by what you are saying 'banning' this for DPS kits would not be possible either if you say this would allow the potential for HPS abuse spam.

If a player from another team attacks your galaxy then you should not be able to use one of these pre-made kits for another sayy .. hour or so?

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

I've desired something like this before however in general the feeling has been against this kind of prefabrication of kits. Also I don't think it would be easy to code nor highly needed.

Only way I could see it working balance wise would be if the kits are not functional for a period of time upon deploying. e.g. they're as if one used bubble wrap and they're vulnerable for a lengthy period of time, 5, 10, maybe even 20 minutes.

But it would save you a lot of headache on having to move everything around and equip things.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Precursor wrote:
I've desired something like this before however in general the feeling has been against this kind of prefabrication of kits. Also I don't think it would be easy to code nor highly needed.

These kits already exist. They're just T6 and below.

How hard is it to make a T16 Loaded Station Kit with Andaman Gear and an inbuilt OL that adds an unmodified-able hull bonus (hard number) to the kit to fit the gear?

Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 am
Dev Team

Max235 wrote:
Precursor wrote:

These kits already exist. They're just T6 and below.

How hard is it to make a T16 Loaded Station Kit with Andaman Gear and an inbuilt OL that adds an unmodified-able hull bonus (hard number) to the kit to fit the gear?

That itself isn't overly difficult but this topic including about three others are about the ability to make your own prefab kit.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 am
Profile E-mail