It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: [Notes]Gunner: Ordinance Supremacy.
Cygnus wrote:
I would prefer the majority of damage boost to be in mining, but a secondary boost to others. Maybe half.

If you coupled that, with a further, inbuilt resistance debuff, and a 20% chance to ignore resistances it would be nice.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

I don't know how many times i need to say this, but a chance to ignore resists is B.R.O.K.E.N. Don't ask me what that stands for.

Imagine, for example, a common zerker. They have like 80% resists to everything. If you ignore that, that's a FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT(400%!!!) boost to your damage, based on a purely chance-basis!

All a chance to ignore resists will do is make you OP versus things with resists and UP versus everything else. No No No NO NO NO!

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Church is right, but hes missing something. Focus augs such as mastery and art need not just the casual boost to core stats, but also a boost to the class itself. For Example:

AoG: Damage +30%, Range +40%, Hull Space +10%, Energy Recharge +10%, Electric Tempering -20%,
Missile Stats +30%
AoC: Shield +40%, Energy +50%, Shield Recharge +20%, Visibility +10%, Hull Space +15%, Radar +30%, Resistance to damage +15%,
Combat Slave Stats +10%

or something of the sort. The mastery and art augs don't do Fleet Focus any justice, and Art of Engineering needs a better stat than +10% everlasting, that's kind of a joke. I am also aware that making a slave stat bonus in an aug is a coding nightmare, but I guess you could just treat it like an aura with infinite range or something.

^,^

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

At its current status, a missile spamming dread can put out a similar level of dps to a sniper, at a fraction of the cost to actually get said sniper to do that dps.

And, a FC using Selens/Scruplings is a mighty nasty player to run into. Many can sustain that dps, and they dish out a ton of it too.

Then you want them to be more powerful? Remember those are stats before AT when you suggest aug changes. But AoG/AoC are wonderful augs. The reason why they aren't expensive like AoH/AoS is that theres a lack of said classes. A lack of good players of said classes. So supply mounts and price drops.

-AoC augs allow a FC to shrug off damage that otherwise would kill him. Using 2 of them is like 2 FC Masts(w/o speed bonus) and a sup resist. Very nice.
-AoG aug is a range and damage aug....Just fail. The whole point is to get gunners to NOT use missiles as the primary dps/weapon.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

Hmm... Good point I never thought about that. (the gunner range and damage aug thing)

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 pm
Profile E-mail