It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 2:45 am

over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Class rewards for class missions.
Class items(baring ships, augs, and specific items) should be obtained through class only missions.

The diagram seems a bit complicated, but basically, it shows how one would get better class gear. For the example, it's aura generators for FC. The diagram also aligns with the sp change and skill change, which means it encourages higher tier over higher tech.

FEAR MY CRAPPY PAINT SKILLS!
Attachment:
Dia.png

Ok, you start with a T13(A) FC Aura, obtained by buying it at the FC base. You have two options, both of which are missions. The first is to gather some material(and it) for a higher tier, but same tech FC aura.(T13 B) The aura is better, somehow, yet it's still the same tech as the original FC aura.

The other option is to upgrade the tech of the aura(T16 A). You still have to gather material(and bring it) for the upgrade. The difficulty of obtaining the material for both options are more or less the same, but with the sp change* and item repair**, the higher tier item is encouraged.

*sp change means more effort to go a single tech level, with the higher tier item more or less the same stats as the higher tech.\
**Item repair will(hopefully) be dictated by the tech of your gear. Higher tech being more expensive than lower tech gear, meaning the higher tier costs less to repair, for the same effort to get as the higher tech version.

You'd be able to trade in a higher tier item for a lower tier item of the next tech. Since the effort is more or less the same, this is a fair trade(via mission). You'd be able to sell the item(via mission) for a lower tech/lower tier version and 75% of the material value you invested.

Class gear would not include ruins; class locked ruins stay in the category of ruins.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Class rewards for class missions.
so basically a way to make a FC aura+? I suppose its not such a bad idea.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 pm
over 9000!

saran wrote:

Not just FC auras. Weapons, Shields, Energies, Radars, Engines, and Special Class Used Items(Launchers on a Gunner, etc).

Say a T13 Sniper pulse has 100 damage. Its Tier2 version is 150 Damage, and has a fun bonus of +5% ShieldSteal(ripped right off LoL's LifeSteal). Its T16 Tier1 upgrade has 160 damage, and no ShieldSteal. More or less, they have the same damage increase.

But with Higher Tier items being both better and taking less sp(read: none) to use, players are encouraged to go for a more Tier Upgrade, than Tech Upgrade as they level and play.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
saran wrote:

Not just FC auras. Weapons, Shields, Energies, Radars, Engines, and Special Class Used Items(Launchers on a Gunner, etc).

Say a T13 Sniper pulse has 100 damage. Its Tier2 version is 150 Damage, and has a fun bonus of +5% ShieldSteal(ripped right off LoL's LifeSteal). Its T16 Tier1 upgrade has 160 damage, and no ShieldSteal. More or less, they have the same damage increase.

But with Higher Tier items being both better and taking less sp(read: none) to use, players are encouraged to go for a more Tier Upgrade, than Tech Upgrade as they level and play.

Of course it would have to be carefully balanced. But it would be pretty awesome. Now we just need more decent class items..or..*cough* class items worth giving a shit about. XD like more versions of the rad cone and other rad weapons and maybe new class controlbots/bps. Sniper has a few items already, Gunner needs maybe some missile upgrades of some sort, or something fancy for it's slaves. something for MF,SD ect.

But I like the idea. It gives a lot more space for individuality in setups and more variability.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 pm
over 9000!

Indeed. I like to think that all 8 classes should have several sets of items(that are worthwhile to obtain) to use.

For example, Gunner has been a kind of hybrid class, being able to use the dread and the zebra very well. Both designs are also very different. If Gunner had items for Both, or maybe even a third "design thought", this could get very interesting with much more variation as people mix match gear and augs.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

Team: None
Main: MathNerd
Level: 1428
Class: Shield Monkey

/signed

/war Eminence Front :mrgreen:

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRIAN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

saran wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
saran wrote:

Of course it would have to be carefully balanced. But it would be pretty awesome. Now we just need more decent class items..or..*cough* class items worth giving a shit about. XD like more versions of the rad cone and other rad weapons and maybe new class controlbots/bps. Sniper has a few items already, Gunner needs maybe some missile upgrades of some sort, or something fancy for it's slaves. something for MF,SD ect.

But I like the idea. It gives a lot more space for individuality in setups and more variability.

Bullshit. There are two classes ingame that have no mission items: Gunner and Shield Monkey. Don't give me bullshit aboutj Monkey Transferences either, they're worthless, infact, you would have to pay me for me to take one off your hands.

Let's not do anything on the classes have have everything until the forgotton two are back up to speed?

Selfish buggers.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Mail wrote:
Bullshit. There are two classes ingame that have no mission items: Gunner and Shield Monkey. Don't give me bullshit aboutj Monkey Transferences either, they're worthless, infact, you would have to pay me for me to take one off your hands.

Let's not do anything on the classes have have everything until the forgotton two are back up to speed?

Selfish buggers.

Timmeh

Not being selfish. Gunner and ShM are part of it. I'd rather get all 8 done at once, than having to do one class, then another. It's like C2. You don't release c2 client to SS1 without the UI, the graphics, and the code. Thats a baddddd business move.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Mail wrote:

Selfish buggers.

Timmeh

Not being selfish. Gunner and ShM are part of it. I'd rather get all 8 done at once, than having to do one class, then another. It's like C2. You don't release c2 client to SS1 without the UI, the graphics, and the code. Thats a baddddd business move.

No. If I were to draw it as a graph (I'm not going to but this will suffice:

-Class Items-

Gunner+ShM: ===
All other classes: ===========================

Bring Shm+Gunner up with everyone else FIRST before implementing new shit. It's the same thing everyone used to say, fix old ocntent and mechanics before adding new stuff. You guys are so hypocritical it's just disgustign - I can see that now after quitting and damn glad I have.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

You still don't get it, Tim. While the development of gunner and shm may not come before any other class, the release when all are finished would be the same patch.

Until Seer is done, Gunner won't be released. Until ShM is done, FC would not be released. All classes in the same patch, no more, no less.

That being said, shm gear based around "Traditional HPS", "Tank HPS" and "LifeSteal HPS" would be fun. 3 different designs for a primary healer to mix and match and screw with until you either run out of money or get what you want.

Then Gunner having a speedy Ship(LF or HF), a Gunship capship, and a traditional dreadnought would be fun. Seers with mines, normal seers, and seers that act like stealth bombers. Snipers...umm, thats a hard one. But the rest with 3 different gear designs.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837

I seriously doubt from experiencing the C2 release that it will all be done in one patch. Give SHM and Gunner priority.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail