It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:48 am

Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: Saratoga-Saraton 2
Level: 1041
Class: Engineer

Post Drones Equipping Shouldn't be limited by ship level
Now , the case is that ship with lower tech can equip higher tech weapon, why can't a lower tech ship using higher tech Drones?

This is unfair , and actually for Drone users , they got to choose their ship very cautiously as there is only very few good freighter (Like T3 pax) in low tech and next good ship is at least at tech 10(tech 11 actually for freighter) . :?

And the thing is , a player with DD 10 in a Pax can't deploy a tech 10 Drones because he don't have a tech 10 ship? Hey , that means we have to lvl 2 skills before we can use our weapon! Why do we have to be treating like this? Drone is also "Just a weapon".While others upgrading weaponary skill and equipping their weapon which is higher tech than their ship , Drone users are limited to use only "weapon equals or lower than their ship level". :x

Then I would think everyone should follow the rules as Drone is also count as a "weapon" , so other weapons should only and actually make it can only equip to a equal tech ship . :twisted:

Which means , a tech 0 fighter shouldn't able to use a tech 2 weapon =And so on (which is very obvious idea) :|

Another Main Point is: Drones are expensive and they can't move like others do. (except for the mobile one) Why this is a point? Think and you'll see my point. *Lays a Argumental Drone :twisted:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Post Re: Drones Equipping Shouldn't be limited by ship level
Since this is the case, other classes should be limited to weapons of your ship tech lvl or lower to be fair.
This mechanic makes no sense whatsoever since you can now level-lock Drone Deployment in C2.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

biggee531 wrote:
Since this is the case, other classes should be limited to weapons of your ship tech lvl or lower to be fair.
This mechanic makes no sense whatsoever since you can now level-lock Drone Deployment in C2.

Right, I still see no reason why DD isn't just level limited by your level in piloting (or else level locked independently).

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Well, Actually if we can only use drones equals to our own level , Then try get on a Rosbrust or a pax to fight a simple DG(The one in Santo for example), please remember that enemy in SS2 can push you away from spot , unlike SS1 , they push really really fast . If a Droner can only use Drones equals to their ship's level , that means I can only use magic attacks to try to kill a overwhelming fly's attack, which take ages and possibly I've been kill as my ship don't have enough protection and not run fast enough back to the Drones , and then both my drones and me are killed. I mean this is really unbalanced as it's actually taking away the ability for a Droner to survive at all. Killing means surviving for a Droner , but without good weapon(For Droners, it's Drones!) and easily getting push away from Drones . How can you expect for us to try to fight at all?

You might be thinking , there is tech 4 Drones for Rosbrust( Stealth Drones with Anti-matter Device) . Ya right , you should try that Drone out as it's actually useless(If that Drone hit anything , Go and buy a lotto ticket){And Forget about the Drone Device that Rosbrust have ,You are not telling me that can kill anything as it's actually for "emergence case"Only, it's too weak to do anything} , so at tech 4 , we still only can use simple magic attacks, which do not have the ability to kill a Roswell of 64 level. So if this is the case that you think Droners are "OverPowered" , I would say , This is simply non-sense because that's our weapon like all other class upgrading their weaponary. We need better weapon at lower tech too.(Which is equals to our Skill level like others have their weapon's level)

Another thing is that : Limited to 6 Drones Max is already a great Nerf for Droners.(The case would really be solve if I can put 7-8 Magic attack at once) So please take away the ship tech-Drone equipping limit. I don't see a point we can fight well with this .

Simple question:Why others class can use weapon higher than their ship level but Droners can't?

Last edited by xxxx1467 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Team: None
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25
Class: Shield Monkey

Use Ion drones for fly swarms then? T3, 1-2 hits flys, like 500 range whit 360 tracking....
u can use a Rosburst to lvl whit ion in absolution unless ur IQ is 50 or less,
Srsly ion and magic drones are almost the only great drones at low lvl and you complain about magic?
it heals, its 4d, it got decent damage+range, it got high surviveabilety

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow , what kind of Flys you talking about? the lvl 1 flys or the big fat flys? 2 hit? you're making me laugh. Go use ion Drones and magic and go lvl in Abso then, if you really think that's enough ~

When there is like 6 Flys ( the big Fatty one ) and you got only like 4 Magic drones , and you're getting pushing away from Wormhole rapidly , tell me how will you deal with it with 2K shield and 4 magic drones. I tried my best in a Pax and it's hardly made it and a Ros? Don't expect anything from a Ros , because it's determined to die in that case.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 pm

xxxx1467 wrote:
Wow , what kind of Flys you talking about? the lvl 1 flys or the big fat flys? 2 hit? you're making me laugh. Go use ion Drones and magic and go lvl in Abso then, if you really think that's enough ~

When there is like 6 Flys ( the big Fatty one ) and you got only like 4 Magic drones , and you're getting pushing away from Wormhole rapidly , tell me how will you deal with it with 2K shield and 4 magic drones. I tried my best in a Pax and it's hardly made it and a Ros? Don't expect anything from a Ros , because it's determined to die in that case.

Who are you and why do you have a Traders flag? :P

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 pm

anilv wrote:
xxxx1467 wrote:

I'm someone who quitted long ago and come back recently because of SS2 Trailer, I was force to leave like 2 years ago because of some personal reason. That's all I can tell.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:29 am

anilv wrote:
xxxx1467 wrote:

I agree whit this becouse if your skilled enought to get into Traders yet dun have the abilety to kill flys like everyone else has something gota be wrong, i done the senario your speaking of exept that i used 3 magics not 4

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 am
Profile E-mail

Good enough for me, perhaps we will meet in game at some point.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am

anilv wrote:
Good enough for me, perhaps we will meet in game at some point.

I've traded whit you quite many times im just not subbed atm

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101

Despite the noobery of this thread, I have been pushing the premise since this farce was introduced.

Ship tech should have no effect on drones.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
Despite the noobery of this thread, I have been pushing the premise since this farce was introduced.

I mean , I don't mind if I need Piloting skill to use drones, but the thing is that I'm force to use tech 20 ship in order to use tech 20 Drone , I mean if I have piloting 20 but I don't have a tech 20 ship , then I can't use a tech 20 Drones? I actually have a tech 15 ship only but with T20 Skill in piloting , if the thing is only about level-lock Drones , then why I'm force to use tech 20 ship to use a tech 20 Drones? Just like weapons , I've tech 1 ship but I have like 5 in piloting , and I'm force to use a tech 5 ship in order to use tech 5 weapon? I mean sometimes we don't have the money to buy/make a good t20 ship (I am that case to be truth) but I have 20 in piloting , then am I okay to use a tech 20 Drones? ok , that would be my last question . And yes , sorry that I was stupid in previous discussion, I admit that I almost forgot everything when I was playing 2 years ago , I'm a total noob right now as things changed a lot.

How about changing the 'Piloting' skill to "Piloting and Drone Equipping"?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

"Hull Management"?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:43 am
Profile E-mail

xxxx1467 wrote:
Visorak wrote:

I mean , I don't mind if I need Piloting skill to use drones, but the thing is that I'm force to use tech 20 ship in order to use tech 20 Drone , I mean if I have piloting 20 but I don't have a tech 20 ship , then I can't use a tech 20 Drones? I actually have a tech 15 ship only but with T20 Skill in piloting , if the thing is only about level-lock Drones , then why I'm force to use tech 20 ship to use a tech 20 Drones? Just like weapons , I've tech 1 ship but I have like 5 in piloting , and I'm force to use a tech 5 ship in order to use tech 5 weapon? I mean sometimes we don't have the money to buy/make a good t20 ship (I am that case to be truth) but I have 20 in piloting , then am I okay to use a tech 20 Drones? ok , that would be my last question . And yes , sorry that I was stupid in previous discussion, I admit that I almost forgot everything when I was playing 2 years ago , I'm a total noob right now as things changed a lot.

How about changing the 'Piloting' skill to "Piloting and Drone Equipping"?

i like this but i dont want a lvl 100 whit Bulk 2 going against Slumbers whit titans

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail