It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:29 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Post Slaves and Stay Close
Instead of slaves blindly returning towards your last location, is there a way to write some simple formula to keep them near us and firing?

Say Max weapon range x2 is the outer edge, but they will keep themselves within range and firing?

Not sure how to word it but I hate the moments of inactivity when my slaves just AP to a stop and AP to me.

Teh Meo :)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Slaves and Stay Close
ELITE wrote:
Instead of slaves blindly returning towards your last location, is there a way to write some simple formula to keep them near us and firing?

Say Max weapon range x2 is the outer edge, but they will keep themselves within range and firing?

Not sure how to word it but I hate the moments of inactivity when my slaves just AP to a stop and AP to me.

I was thinking of something similar to this... "Form Squadron" command. Slaves fly as close to you as possible without exceeding your max speed (E.G I go 50 speed, my slaves have a max speed of 200... they go 55 and tail me, slowing down with their space brake when necessary.)
---
When it comes down to merely remaining close I can't see why they should stop firing though. The problem atm is that a slave will go to the maximum range and then AP back. I can't see the problem with them kiting whatever it is back to the player (thrust, turn round, shoot.)

Let's have a 'snipe' command as well... would make torpedoes and such possible to use on non-sniper slaves.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432
Class: Gunner

The Salty One wrote:
ELITE wrote:

I was thinking of something similar to this... "Form Squadron" command. Slaves fly as close to you as possible without exceeding your max speed (E.G I go 50 speed, my slaves have a max speed of 200... they go 55 and tail me, slowing down with their space brake when necessary.)
---
When it comes down to merely remaining close I can't see why they should stop firing though. The problem atm is that a slave will go to the maximum range and then AP back. I can't see the problem with them kiting whatever it is back to the player (thrust, turn round, shoot.)

Let's have a 'snipe' command as well... would make torpedoes and such possible to use on non-sniper slaves.

+1

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 590
Class: Berserker

Snipe(ish) is a nice idea. It should just be a mode in which it doesnt chase enemies.

Tomzta09 wrote:
Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive.

Grow a vagina, those things take a pounding.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:44 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

Once the C2 release post apolaptic is over, ill be working on all sort of cool new features, including but not limited to better slaves control, all new autopilot code, better userbase management and many more.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

I'd like to point out that the problems with slave+stay close code applies to AI leashing of all sorts. See protoplasmica if you dont know what i mean.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:47 pm