It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post Re: PBFs / Capitals, Redux
saran wrote:

what he said..your fighters are shiny. But tbh they are pretty squishy and do not last very long. I would trade em over something else any day of the week. And this is coming from another experienced FC who happens to own and actively use the ZT. Don't know who your experienced FC is, but you have had 2 or 3 so far that think something else would work better.

So what sort of aura would you think appropriate? Perhaps one like a geriatric lion maul that effects the player, slaves and allies? Or maybe some sort of Omni aura like the one suggested earlier that doesn't take our aura slot and stacks?

Hint: they're free.

And no, the ZT is not getting a FC only aura.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Oh, oh oh, how about an SSS aura that gives off half the stats of a Zeus+ augmenter?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Camsy wrote:
After spending some time looking at the RPW, I think it needs something extra. There's just not that much of a difference between the t20 dread and t21 warship. I'm thinking along the lines of either an energy regen and/or range boost. Or a missile gen builtin similar to the ZT's one, cept maybe Red Photon mirv's or something cool? Anyway, it just needs something to give it head height over a dread.

Red Photon Doomsday Device with MIRVs can put any ship in game into stasis if done right, and the ability to use T21 Augmenters puts an RPW a long way ahead of a T20 Dreadnaught. But I do agree that the RPDD isn't the only advantage this ship should have.

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
You can launch 12, they're free and you've an infinite supply so they're usable on Uber runs, if nothing else as a replenishing meat shield. For the record, the alteration was under advice from probably the most experienced FC in the game.

I am not sure if you know, but I used to be a pretty skilled Fleet Commander as well. And I know for sure that for a Fleet Commander to advance in this game, then he needs to go on runs. In a run, 12 Lackeys won't do much at all. You would rather want an aura or something else to boost the entire squad. I know this very, very well. This is knowledge from my times on CSE and having done Olympus about 200 times where at least 50% of those runs was with a Zeus Throne FC alt.

So all I all I would love to see why Jey thought suggesting the amount of fighters to be increased to 12 would do anything special for the ship at all. And if you went to future Olympus runs you would probably see PBF FCs in Olympus utilizing the T20 Auras and combining T20 Augmenters for tractoring, resistance and hull space over a Zeus Throne/Zeus Throne+ that can launch 12 Fighters that probably does about 1% of the damage that a sniper in the run is putting out.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 am

Team: Progress
Main: Humble
Level: 1815
Class: Fleet Commander

Meh, leave ZT alone, and just replace Rad Expert with something useful for FC that synergizes with endgame runs, so that you dont need 4 snipers before a FC becomes an advantage over a liability.

Atm, rad weapons are far and away the weakest type of weapons in the game, while rad resists are on par now with everything else. Wild slaves are neat in concept, completely useless in reality.

But changing skills is going off topic, I think. Whatever.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am
Profile E-mail

Well if it is going to benefit not just FC a third aug slot should definately be in the picture. Just remember this is the most expensive oly ship and it needs something that will kick ass!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

globug wrote:
Well if it is going to benefit not just FC a third aug slot should definately be in the picture. Just remember this is the most expensive oly ship and it needs something that will kick ass!

Yes, but they are afraid it will completely break gunner. Though I am willing to loose speed and a little resists to get that third aug slot. We have been told its power would still be under that of an HM. How is that in any way broken?

As for your "free" fighters.. a lot of things in life are free, like junkmail. Doesn't mean I want any of that shit either.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:46 pm

What if every Zeus Throne came with two sort of "specialization" ship upgrade items that a player could use? These would be like the ones found in Free Market, except be built in and stickied to the ZT's hull. Each upgrade item is locked to a class (so FC upgrade takes FC 21).

For example, when you click the Gunner specialization upgrade on the ZT, it gives slightly more speed, damage, rof, and other combat related things. When you click the Fleet Commander upgrade it gives more hull, resists, shield/charge, etc.

This may also lead to the ZT being more versatile with other classes. Why not have ship specializations for all classes?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 am

Griffin wrote:
What if every Zeus Throne came with two sort of "specialization" ship upgrade items that a player could use? These would be like the ones found in Free Market, except be built in and stickied to the ZT's hull. Each upgrade item is locked to a class (so FC upgrade takes FC 21).

For example, when you click the Gunner specialization upgrade on the ZT, it gives slightly more speed, damage, rof, and other combat related things. When you click the Fleet Commander upgrade it gives more hull, resists, shield/charge, etc.

This may also lead to the ZT being more versatile with other classes. Why not have ship specializations for all classes?

This would involve making them different hull types, unless it was a sticky permanent item, at which point you're into aug territory.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18 am
Profile E-mail

To go a step farther, perhaps the Zeus Throne could gain some sort of prefix/suffix depending on what specialization it has, as well as the ship changing color. Fleet Commander would be a deep blue while Gunner could be a crimson color. This would allow for easy identification between the two ships, as well as make it easier to code. Although, the different colors are purely cosmetic. So hopefully this would solve that problem?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:27 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

Griffin wrote:
So hopefully this would solve that problem?

Making them different hulls wouldn't be a problem, its simply not the solution to the ZT problem that they want to use.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Maybe ZT is not the premier ship for both FC and Gunner. AWC is not the premier ship for both SD and Seer, nor PW for both Zerk and Sniper. What's your point?

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 pm

anilv wrote:
Maybe ZT is not the premier ship for both FC and Gunner. AWC is not the premier ship for both SD and Seer, nor PW for both Zerk and Sniper. What's your point?

It does give some flexibility for admins the way he suggested it. If you make it hull specific and class locked for the upgrades you open up a new way to vary ships. It also solves the issue that seems to be the stumbling block thus far with people fearing gunner will be over powered with 3 augs and FC is underpowered without it.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Another thought I have is to scrap the previous idea and instead provide inbuilts to the ship that would be useful for both classes at the same time. This is derived from taking half the stats from both the AoC and AoG.

Stat additions:
Quote:
Shield +20%, Energy +25%, Shield Recharge +10%, Hull +12.5%, Radar +15%, Range +20%, Elec +5%, Resistances +7.5%, Damage +15%, Visibility +5%

This gives the ship a nice balance between offense and defense, making it so neither side is at a disadvantage.

Thoughts?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Griffin wrote:
Another thought I have is to scrap the previous idea and instead provide inbuilts to the ship that would be useful for both classes at the same time. This is derived from taking half the stats from both the AoC and AoG.

Stat additions:
Quote:
Shield +20%, Energy +25%, Shield Recharge +10%, Hull +12.5%, Radar +15%, Range +20%, Elec +5%, Resistances +7.5%, Damage +15%, Visibility +5%

This gives the ship a nice balance between offense and defense, making it so neither side is at a disadvantage.

Thoughts?

smack you! dont suggest stats. XD those really wont improve it well enough to be worth my time..id rather an aug slot i can use however i choose.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I'm not clear on why this isn't already a good ship for FC.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next