It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Post Re: PBFs / Capitals, Redux
cant really add anything classlocked to it so an FC only aura is out.

Gunner is still being balanced and you have yet to give a reason why you don't think a third aug should be added laptopboy. I don't understand the line of thought.

The reasoning behind asking for a third aug slot was because we asked about the possibility (because the ship sucks for FC) and a dev went and did the math for us and reported that it would be slightly less powerful than an HM. Which seems perfectly balanced to me seeing as it is such an expensive ship compared to HM.

Not a terribly self serving thing to do. Its not JUST for FC but gunner too. Hell, capital ships need a lot more stuff for them.. there is NO capital ship only gear specifically for FC like rad weapons. The Fleet Commander class was pretty much designed to use capital ships and it has only field generators..and none of them T21.

So 3rd aug slot and capital ship radiation weapons are my suggestion.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Why does the ZT have to be the one ship for radiation damage? Thats what I don't like about SS. People in SS just don't like the idea that there can be more than one ship contending for a specific niche.

There just HAS to be one uber FC ship. If theres two, 30 people will threaten to quit!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

The more ships the better.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51533

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51495

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996

Seriously stabz, you can't read can you? Not only has about 50 people said NOT to suggest stats for ships, AEM specifically said in the first paragraph of this post to NOT post suggestions for new ships. Come on dude, if they were going to make new capships they'd ask the open public and I'd give them plenty of ideas, but thats not what they want right now.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153

Church was talking about ships to fill niches and I posted two topics about them. I did not intend for them to be discussed here. Although you do have a point about the specific stats, although it's hard to get the point across when all you say is: "speedy with low hull and high weapon damage" as an entire ship suggestion.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that the PBF getting it's energy beefed back to normal is pointless. Even while doing ubers I never drop below half bank. I'd rather see the EF Capships and PBF get an SSS.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Max235 wrote:
Why does the ZT have to be the one ship for radiation damage? Thats what I don't like about SS. People in SS just don't like the idea that there can be more than one ship contending for a specific niche.

There just HAS to be one uber FC ship. If theres two, 30 people will threaten to quit!

My apologies, I meant FC as a class should have more rad weapons. In the way that gunner has mining weapons. Not a radiation item on the ZT, that would only be useful for FC and I am against making any class specific (as in truly useful for only one class) changes to the ZT.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Ok well easy argument and probably the start of a new topic. The ZT is the most expensive to build so why not be the best ship? why does it have to be there worst? ???

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

The reason behind not adding a third augmenter slot is that the ship is quite powerful already with 2 slots for Gunners! Therefore you need to add something that will only boost the usefulness for a fleet commander.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:47 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
The reason behind not adding a third augmenter slot is that the ship is quite powerful already with 2 slots for Gunners! Therefore you need to add something that will only boost the usefulness for a fleet commander.

And how would you do that without effecting gunner?

Is it possible to have the class of the character modify or dictate what is on the ship?

for example..if FC class is detected 3 aug slots + fighterbay and x fighters.
If gunner class 2 aug slots + missile tubes and X special missiles.

Because the way I see it..not a heck of a lot is going to really change unless you add some stupidly broken SSS to try and make up for the lack of the third aug slot.

Could beef FC in line with gunner but I think the augslot is still an easier fix. If gunner is too overpowered on it then give it a kick in the nuts and put it in it's place.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 am

Well, as I said, an aura that comes from a super special that doesn't take up the actual aura slot could be an option. I consider some items to almost be as strong as an augmenter slot (PW/PW+ inbuilts and Prawn's Claw for example) so it shouldn't be too hard to add a super special secondary or some FC locked item that would compensate for not having 3 augmenter slots but 2 as it is right now.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

seanla4350 wrote:

The amount of fighters produced, and the time to do so has already been increased drastically, a change that benefits FCs only.

The following is a categorical imperative:

Any further beefs to the ZT/+ will benefit all users, not one particular class.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:31 am
Profile E-mail

Last time I checked the fighters is nothing special and I have a feeling they won't help FCs in most of the time of their game play.

And any further beefs to a ZT/ZT+ that will benefit all users will just make Gunner ZT/ZT+s go "I'm so broken!" compared to FC ZT/ZT+s that will go "Omg I need a beef, give me a third augmenter slot!".

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996

After spending some time looking at the RPW, I think it needs something extra. There's just not that much of a difference between the t20 dread and t21 warship. I'm thinking along the lines of either an energy regen and/or range boost. Or a missile gen builtin similar to the ZT's one, cept maybe Red Photon mirv's or something cool? Anyway, it just needs something to give it head height over a dread.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:18 am

seanla4350 wrote:
Last time I checked the fighters is nothing special and I have a feeling they won't help FCs in most of the time of their game play.

You can launch 12, they're free and you've an infinite supply so they're usable on Uber runs, if nothing else as a replenishing meat shield. For the record, the alteration was under advice from probably the most experienced FC in the game.

seanla4350 wrote:
And any further beefs to a ZT/ZT+ that will benefit all users will just make Gunner ZT/ZT+s go "I'm so broken!" compared to FC ZT/ZT+s that will go "Omg I need a beef, give me a third augmenter slot!".

Anyone stating that gunners are "broken" can take their misinformed selves out of this thread.

Some very careful numbers went into the recent changes to Gunners, and they're fulfilling their niche role quite nicely. People running around screaming "OH MY GOD A GUNNER ZT+ WITH THE BEST GEAR IN THE GAME ALMOST SOLO'D GOTL" when most half-decent end game snipers can do it easily is a fool.

For the record, GotL has an attack pattern set to <CLOSE> and target <WEAK> which alters the equation, amongst other details.

And no, we'll not be having a "FC is sooo nerf" derail in this thread, please.

@Camsy although I recognise your self-interest in that you're building one of the RP line, I happen to agree.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 am
Profile E-mail

seanla4350 wrote:

what he said..your fighters are shiny. But tbh they are pretty squishy and do not last very long. I would trade em over something else any day of the week. And this is coming from another experienced FC who happens to own and actively use the ZT. Don't know who your experienced FC is, but you have had 2 or 3 so far that think something else would work better.

So what sort of aura would you think appropriate? Perhaps one like a geriatric lion maul that effects the player, slaves and allies? Or maybe some sort of Omni aura like the one suggested earlier that doesn't take our aura slot and stacks?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next