It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Post Re: PBFs / Capitals, Redux
Max235 wrote:
It's like a Large AP I crate + 100 creds....

Initial factory cost of Large AP factory ~ roughly 250mil (I can look this up) + annoying mission

Cost / crate: 1 mil or so (1 - 1.5)

Cost of Large X tier 2 missile factory ~ roughly 1.5 - 3 bil depending on factory

Most new crates take 2 or 3 crates for the decent missiles, so approx 2-4 million / crate

New crates have 8 - 25 missiles, the more damaging ones have less missiles, obviously

And yes, I've a spreadsheet with all of this data on it.

Jeff / Yclepticon (I cannot spell that name) recently worked the class balance sheets out ~ sniper is way out ahead, with zerker next then other classes depending on load out.

Comment:

I find it rather amusing that because a single player, flying arguably the most expensive ship in game, no doubt with the best augs / gear that money can buy can kill a single sniper, people are shouting "unfair".

Perhaps not-so-steathly-snipers aren't such a great idea in PvP?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

An idea for making the higher end capital ships more viable that I've been toying with for a while is a range boost so that gunners might be able to outrange some of their foes and not have to tank them. I could see it either as an inbuilt bonus to PBF and ZT or inbuilt OL on ZT maybe

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

Perhaps my sniper is pretty stealthy?

Perhaps I haven't pvp'd him?

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Zekk wrote:
An idea for making the higher end capital ships more viable that I've been toying with for a while is a range boost so that gunners might be able to outrange some of their foes and not have to tank them. I could see it either as an inbuilt bonus to PBF and ZT or inbuilt OL on ZT maybe

I'd love to have an extra 20-30% range on my 2.7k ranged CALC's. :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

Just a quick question; what range does he do his missile damage at?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Laptop Boy
Level: 2982

I'm saying it now; 3rd Aug slot is a bad idea for the ship.

I use both missiles and weapons on my ship. Though, ZT+ looks good for gunner due to speed; I am fast and I can also out range stuff, I'll discuss this more in 12hours.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

With the damage missiles can now do, I can really see the potential of the class. With a single colony you could pay for all your missiles easily, and with some skill, you can get a lot of damage in.

/bravo.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

mitchell.haigh wrote:

I use both missiles and weapons on my ship. Though, ZT+ looks good for gunner due to speed; I am fast and I can also out range stuff, I'll discuss this more in 12hours.

The ship is not gunner only. You and I both know that the missiles will be balanced over the next year or so as they find how powerful they really are when they hit the live server.

So it makes perfect sense that they might try for a better balance of both worlds and add the third aug slot. Or re-balance FC so it does not continue to fall further and further behind the curve.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

You mean, the same missiles Laptop Boy and Dark Phantom have building in Rusty Tweed's deep into SBP space at this very moment?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:28 am

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Max235 wrote:
You mean, the same missiles Laptop Boy and Dark Phantom have building in Rusty Tweed's deep into SBP space at this very moment?

?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

saran wrote:
mitchell.haigh wrote:

The ship is not gunner only. You and I both know that the missiles will be balanced over the next year or so as they find how powerful they really are when they hit the live server.

So it makes perfect sense that they might try for a better balance of both worlds and add the third aug slot. Or re-balance FC so it does not continue to fall further and further behind the curve.

Or give the Zeus Throne a super special that looks like this:

Requires Fleet Commander 21
Item: Aura Generator
Duration: 2 Minutes
Charge time: 3 Minutes
Fields generated: Shields +15%, Shield Recharge +15%, Rate of Fire +15%, Damage +15%, Range +15%, Resistance to Damage +15%, Transference Power +15%, Transference Resistance +15%, Energy Recharge +15%, Range +15%, Tracking +15%, Fighter stats +15%, Drone Operations +15%.
Size: 20
Charge energy/s: 100

Something like that. Just a little super special item that lasts for quite some time which makes this ship a powerful Fleet Commander ship.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 am

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Chaosking3 wrote:
Max235 wrote:

?

Just saying, Goldstar is commenting on missiles that he thinks have not reached the Live Server yet. On the other hand, I was about to buy some of the same missiles' crates from LB and DP's shop. On the Live Server.

Edit: +15% drone ops? Would make people scramble for the ship even if they just used it as a MC'd alt.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 am

Main: Laptop Boy
Level: 2982

Lol, what? You don't know where I build missiles Churchill. :p

Anyway, 3rd aug slot on the ZT is a bad idea, the ship should remain with 2 and substitute with something else. It'd be better to just give it an aura generator like what Thermal suggested for FC.

But I still think that Inbuilt mods should have better bonuses, not just more shield and energy but things that will fit both FC and Gunner (Like +elec regen).

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 am
Profile E-mail

Alrighty reading through this post and also another person here with a ZT i will add my part in.. Piloting a ZT as an FC i still believe a 3rd aug slot should be there and i dont know why people say they dont think its a good idea. Second of all i think there should be a tech 21 aura that is bound to the ZT but obviously u cant take it of but u can unequip to use travel field. Im thinking something more unique wich could involve + 20% damage, +15% energy regen, +10% range, + 15% RoF and + 25% resist to damage on slaves and fighters. What about something more along those lines? And i strongly stand by that 3rd aug

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

If you make the aura a super special item that you won't see it take up any aura slots. Just like the HUDW on the HM.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next