It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:01 am

Post Re: Alien Archaeology Dig Sites(Ruins).
Max235 wrote:
It's one thing to provide constructive comments, whether you agree or not. It's something very different if you're going to bash the person.
Bashed the idea bro. Actually complemented you in part of my post. And you're one to talk about bashing. Posting PMs just to bash a person is a bit farther than I go, kind sir.
I call them UrQa'uan because I like it. It sounds good as a PLURAL.
That does not make it plural. It's like saying British, American, Arab, etc. The point is UrQa is already in that form and not in need of a change. I didn't make the language.
You cannot farm these things. YOU are locked out from that particular instance upon completion. You may stay after you're done, but nothing happens. You can be there until the Universe ends, but nothing happens.
Should've explained it earlier then. Sure, it can't be REPEATEDLY farmed. But it can be farmed.
The trigger comes from the mission itself. Once you complete the mission, no more triggers. To get a new mission, you need to leave the instance. Once you leave, you're locked out from that particular site for 24 hours.
So... it can be repeatedly farmed?

I'm confused here. You're locked out prevents farming but you can go back in? They spawn only once? (which brings up more problems...)
You may do one that may or may not be 300 distance away, but that particular one you cannot do.
eh?
The missions are random. You cannot predict what you'll get from instance to instance. You can be ready by doing easy ones, but you'll never know what the exact mission will be beforehand. If you back out and decide not to take the mission, the key decays and you are now locked out.
Devmins already said they don't like the idea of making luck play a major role in the game... Something that cannot be gotten elsewhere certainly counts.

Why an instance? To denote the special galaxy. The placement of said galaxies may be random, but the mission requires a special galaxy, where a specific spawn can take place. Hence, instanced. To clear up clutter and handle more than 2000 people.
So... you're facilitating farming? You can just have things spawn based on a mission you know... I'm not sure why it needs a special galaxy or why it has to be denoted. Explain it to me.
Do we make it instanced after SS gets to be 50k people and is bursting from the seams? Or do we do it now and have an empty universe?
Hmm... do we force every single player in the game to have to go to the same spot to get the mission and go through the same portal... or do we use a simple switch statement and a random number to pick which mission(copy of the mission) and where they need to go. It's not like there can't be mission spawns and copies of a mission with the same text, just using different spawns and instructions for where to go. Do we do this now or wait until after SS gets to be 50k people and is bursting from the seams to remove the bottleneck of people entering a galaxy and potentially lagging people out, or do we fix it now?

Also, consider the bashing reported.
See above and http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51435

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Yeah, it can be "repeatedly" farmed. As much as any one day lockout uber. YOU NEED THE KEY TO ENTER. NOTHING SPAWNS WITHOUT THE MISSION.

Even if you "could" go back in, what good is that? You won't get any more loot, exp, or fun.

When I said 300 distance, think of them like DG's. How many DG's could you find in a galaxy? The record is 13. 13 places to get locked out from. In that galaxy, nub.

Yes, every player must go to the same spot for the same lottery, IF you're stupid enough to all go to the same galaxy. Think about it. How many fucking DG's are there in SS? Do players ONLY try camping one non-uber's DG? Hell no.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 am

Max235 wrote:
Yeah, it can be "repeatedly" farmed. As much as any one day lockout uber. YOU NEED THE KEY TO ENTER. NOTHING SPAWNS WITHOUT THE MISSION.

Even if you "could" go back in, what good is that? You won't get any more loot, exp, or fun.

When I said 300 distance, think of them like DG's. How many DG's could you find in a galaxy? The record is 13. 13 places to get locked out from. In that galaxy, nub.

Yes, every player must go to the same spot for the same lottery, IF you're stupid enough to all go to the same galaxy. Think about it. How many fucking DG's are there in SS? Do players ONLY try camping one non-uber's DG? Hell no.

Well thank you kindly for elaborating your idea good sir. I still have not been enlightened as to why the UrQa would care about archaeology. After all, they're famous for just flying in to the nearest target and shooting it.

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail

You'd think they'd be interested in who's poking around dead civilizations' stuff.

I don't picture the UrQa as a bunch of mindless termites on a never ending crusade. I picture them closer to what the Reapers are in the Mass Effect series.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Max235 wrote:
You'd think they'd be interested in who's poking around dead civilizations' stuff.

I don't picture the UrQa as a bunch of mindless termites on a never ending crusade. I picture them closer to what the Reapers are in the Mass Effect series.

You'd think they would be, yeah, but they mostly just take stuff from existing ones from what I've seen in the lore. Guess they would be interested in it given that they've stolen from those civilizations before. But then again, what do they have to gain technology-wise from the cultures they already destroyed and looted?

The UrQa have some strategy but they are indeed on an endless xenocidal campaign. I haven't touched the Mass Effect series, to be honest... heard about it but never realized the games existed.(yeah, I know...)

What I'd like to see is the UrQa behaving as the lore intended. This might fit in but I'd rather it just be something that was come across and not mission based. (you'd have to be in the right place at the rate time)

Kinda miss the old single layer universe with the UrQa at one end, was more believable. I want to see AIs doing something in this game more than following basic combat procedures (SS ai actually do an amazing job at pseudo-inteligence(warping away, docking at stations was funny))

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm
Profile E-mail

I'd like to see AI do that too, but I tried to suggest as simple as possible for this suggestion, because of how much stuff would go in if it does. Theres hundreds of DG's in SS. If this goes through, there'd be almost as many Sites as there are DG's.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 am