It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: Caliente
Main: ormegano
Level: 2341
Class: Speed Demon

Post Pitch Black says Bye Bye
Pitch Black will be no more. A lot of people are asking about the whole situation and its basically too long to tell people induvidually.

This is not a pity post, not an attack on LC, SP, RE or anyone else involved. This is just me presenting the information to my knowledge and if you're curious about what happened, read it. If not, disregard it.

So, this is what went down as far as I know.

Uni reset comes, we go north (not sure why) and Richard lays an HQ. Well Acid built north from there so they were just going to meet in the middle. (A mistake, we all know) LC didn't see us south and built between us, not quite sure what happened because I wasn't on and didn't really get filled in. Anyway, we do some fighting with LC which at this point is basically irrelevant. We stopped fighting and kind of were stuck on what to do.

We had about 4 gals I believe.... only one that basically was a decent gal commod wise. We considered BvBing LC but realized that was a lost cause because their bases were too good. We then looked at RE space and saw we could take it. We only needed one gal from LC so we could BvB the gals that needed it. So after a long negotiation that was hardly a negotiation, we bought the gal Nostalgia for 60b and replaced all their kits in there which wasn't cheap ESPECIALLY for it being a dark sun gal with absolutely nothing in it. I know to some of you 60b is like nothing but for one person to have to pay it out of pocket and expect payments back slowly (Acid) and us having to come up with base gear, it was kind of a drag. We didn't want to sit on 4 gals for a uni or people were going to leave anyway.

So, we bought it hoping we could just split the cost once we got some RE space and made some money.

I have to stress, we did not ever plan on demolishing RE. We only were going to take as many gals as we needed to be able to actually build. Which isn't much considering PB was such a small team.

Backtracking a little, when we were fighting with LC, pants helped us. Then after this when we were stuck on what to do, SP attacked pants and took their ada gal. We helped them defend because they helped us with LC so we were just repaying them.

A little later we decided we wanted to PvB some RE space so we got our squad together and went at it. Pants came along this time as well. We PvBed 3 RE gals fairly easy then we got to one of the gals we had to BvB. Well, we got in the gal and after a few minutes (or so) SP came in and started shooting us. Well we all know SP has their fancy T21 ships and so we basically were screwed and had to go back to our gal. SP killed the bases we capped and laid and the space went back to being RE's. At this point we hadn't lost anything except one kit that we had time to take the good gear off of.

So, the next day, we talked with Trevor and made an agreement that he wouldn't attack us as long as pants wasn't helping us. We aggreed since we didn't really need pants anymore anyway since RE didnt fortify the gals they took and all we had to do was recap the base of ours SP capped. So, we go back and reown the 3 RE gals we killed the day before. We got to the gal we had to BvB and killed it after awhile. We killed most of the bases alright then the last required us to find different weps, bring them to the base, then get new augs because it still wasn't enough. Nobody had the augs except ONE person on team. Meanwhile, Jiraque and Hooch were sitting in the gal telling us what we should and shouldn't do. So, we kill the gal.

We decided the next day we would BvB about 2 or 3 more gals the be done. Well, I guess SP heard from someone that we would be bordering them and would try to push their border. I am very curious as to who they hear this from, because we never thought about doing that. Trevor told me that they felt threatened because we had an alliance with Traders and pants, even though the alliance with Traders was STRICTLY defensive and they refused to help us in any offensive attacks. I'm sure you all know Pitch black and pants wouldn't stand a chance against SP as we didn't before, so I'm not so sure why they felt threatened, especially when we were going to stop at their border and be done and happy and get on with our uni.

So, today, SP killed the gals we took (again). GQ had a lot of his gear in the gals, and everyone was pretty pissed off that SP told us they weren't going to attack again then out of the blue decided we were a threat with their faulty intelligence provider. Everyone on the team was pretty discouraged, and GQ decided he was going to quit as did Acid, Mak, Meta(i think), Gateway, Myter, probably -13-, and mcnary eventually. We decided to disband and we all went our seperate ways. Some to EF and some to DM as far as i'm aware. With some of our main people leaving, and a lot of others inactive as is, it was better just to disband. A lot of people are saying it was silly to disband after such a small mishap with gals, but many people were just sick of all the bullshit and the rest of us just wanted a fresh start again....

There's your story. I hope I didn't leave anything out... I'm actually really upset about all of this no matter how stupid it sounds. I honestly loved Pitch Black a majority of my close friends were all on that team and it was the most fun I had on this game, especially only being around for a little more than 2 unis. I'll still keep in touch with those quitting because I love them to death but it's still sad to see such a fun team that we all loved have to end.

Shit talk all you want about how what we did was bad, but we didn't want to take all of RE out and we never thought about going after SP.

We know there were mistakes made by us, but it happens to all of us. Well, us in the game that aren't super experts on it.

I talked a lot of shit to people and I'm sorry if that means anything I just get really angry and well I have no self control when people do things that just don't make sense to me or when I get a little cocky, cause I don't get cocky on this game much. (Not in combat anyway)

To all the people on Pitch Black, I love every single one of you and you are the best internet friends a girl could ask for.

That's it.

Bye.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Rhinoceros
Level: 2168
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Pitch Black says Bye Bye
Well explained!

Love you PB friends!

Fri May 06, 2011 10:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282
Class: Berserker

Traders stated blatantly that we would never support an offensive war and our assistance was not given. That being said I am deeply saddened by the loss of Pitch Black as you were very good friends. :cry:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763
Class: Shield Monkey

You fucking cut off several major RE gals. Don't try to play victim here, that was definitely an attempt to wipe them out.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Team: Traders
Main: Makskip
Level: 2049
Class: Fleet Commander

We could never have taken Kankin, or have supported that many gals. We had no intention of wiping out RE. It would have been cruel and would have put them in the same place we were.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Makskip wrote:
We could never have taken Kankin, or have supported that many gals. We had no intention of wiping out RE. It would have been cruel and would have put them in the same place we were.

You cut off Demanity - did you even bother to check who it belongs to?

Fri May 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Xanu wrote:
You fucking cut off several major RE gals. Don't try to play victim here, that was definitely an attempt to wipe them out.

Wrong. We all knew we weren't going to wipe out RE.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail

I still think it's a little low to make it seem like everybody else is the villain when we were only responding to a very aggressive expansion attempt on your part. There's nothing stopping you guys from building in W1 or negotiating a space further towards the center.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Xanu wrote:
Makskip wrote:

You cut off Demanity - did you even bother to check who it belongs to?

off course we knew what was there, it was an RE gal and it was a gal we were interested in but were not sure if we could take. What does it matter to SP anyways? you most likely will take lots of RE space anyways. We had NOTHING we had no choice but to make a desperate attempt at expansion. We were losing members and needed space. LC was a no go so we decided RE was our best shot.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 pm

By the way, I'd like you to post some screenshots of Trevor's PM so people can see that he didn't clearly agree to anything.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Xanu wrote:
I still think it's a little low to make it seem like everybody else is the villain when we were only responding to a very aggressive expansion attempt on your part. There's nothing stopping you guys from building in W1 or negotiating a space further towards the center.

I'm not trying to make everyone seem like the villian THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED we didn't want to sit on 4 gals, we already had an HQ laid and a shit ton invested into another gal, nobody would negotiate around us except give us 5 gals we couldn't do anything with (dark sun gals with no planets) which was LC and building in W1 as a team is just plain stupid.

Last edited by ormegano on Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Xanu wrote:
By the way, I'd like you to post some screenshots of Trevor's PM so people can see that he didn't clearly agree to anything.

It was not screenied it was copy and pasted from chat client.

[09:07:50] <mcnary> hey
[09:08:01] (Trevor) Hi ther.e
[09:08:04] (Trevor) there*
[09:08:35] <mcnary> woundering is your team allied with RE?
[09:09:15] (Trevor) No, last uni we killed them..
[09:09:29] (Trevor) I believe the attack on your galaxy was because you helped Pants yesterday.
[09:11:09] <mcnary> was unaware of the pants help must have been when i was off line what how did the team help pants
[09:16:24] <mcnary> if it was gorilla gal the team was exspanding south PB was not pants, tell your team steped in so im just trying to get what all when down or lead up to it [09:16:47] <mcnary> went*
[09:17:08] (Trevor) Na we took a galaxy called Asimov from pants, the next day(yesterday) they attack us in Idiosyncratic
[09:17:16] (Trevor) they then
[09:18:26] <mcnary> ah i did not know this thanks
[09:38:57] <mcnary> so how long can we exspect your team to intervene in are atempt to exspand?
[09:43:13] (Trevor) As long as PB doesn't bother us while we are killing pants, I have no reason to attack you guys.
[09:43:17] (Trevor) I like your team..
[09:44:03] <mcnary> k ty ill pass on the word
[10:47:31] <mcnary> hey some mates just loged on do you know who it was that was helping pants my peeps have claimed "lol well for the mot part the maority of us have been stuck in Algol until like yesterday"

[11:19:01] (Trevor) GQ88 , richard..
[11:19:07] (Trevor) Jewbell or something? SD?
[11:27:32] <mcnary> ok thanks

Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Hold on a second, I'm confused.

Why is megan, a woman, allowed to have an opinion?

Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Kles le Grand wrote:
Hold on a second, I'm confused.

Why is megan, a woman, allowed to have an opinion?

The women jokes have lost their humor to me ever since my ex said one at least once a day. It's old.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail

And also we were gonna stop taking space because we were AFRAID of bordering with SP.... happy??

Fri May 06, 2011 10:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next