It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Strawberry Pancakes
jeff mc beth wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Quote:
Combustion is the same.

But...isn't he on an admin team? :P

Combustion dislikes anything that's not a normal player/greeter.... But meh. He's quit now. XD

having been on the same team as combustion a while ago, i can tell you he doesnt like anything. at all. you name it, he doesnt like it.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Such emo behavior...
How can he hate himself!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Such emo behavior...
How can he hate himself!

He's a druggie.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:55 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

He liked me tho :P

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail

jeff mc beth wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Such emo behavior...
How can he hate himself!

He's a druggie.

hes a druggie BECAUSE he hates everything, not the other way around

its thinking like that which started prohibition...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 am
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Such emo behavior...
How can he hate himself!

He's a druggie.

Or maybe it's circular...

IE, he hates everything because he'a druggie.
He's a druggie because he hates everything?

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:
landswimmer wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:
He's a druggie.

Or maybe it's circular...

IE, he hates everything because he'a druggie.
He's a druggie because he hates everything?

then how would he have hated everything enough to start taking drugs if he wasnt on drugs in the first place? its either one or the other

and alot of people i went to school with who take drugs do it for an excuse, so people just assume they are drugfucked, they arent, they were like that originally.. you'd be suprised how much less judgemental people are when they assume "oh hes just too stoned..." (which is pretty hilarious when you think about it)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Because DB virtually every narcotic or other wise illicit drug operates on the law of diminishing returns, especially if over used.

Now say someone is depressed, they may look to drugs to counter this. If it worked they will continue that route, you now have addiction. However, as they continue to use and over use this substance it will have less and less an effect on them until they are just as depressed as they were before but now with addiction tacked on.

So now they're psychologically depressed using drugs which severely diminish their physical state which has been shown to have a huge negative effect on your emotional state, and then to try and counter that depression they'll just keep trying the drugs that worked before or move on to new ones. So it is circular.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

shawn_mccall wrote:
Because DB virtually every narcotic or other wise illicit drug operates on the law of diminishing returns, especially if over used.

Now say someone is depressed, they may look to drugs to counter this. If it worked they will continue that route, you now have addiction. However, as they continue to use and over use this substance it will have less and less an effect on them until they are just as depressed as they were before but now with addiction tacked on.

So now they're psychologically depressed using drugs which severely diminish their physical state which has been shown to have a huge negative effect on your emotional state, and then to try and counter that depression they'll just keep trying the drugs that worked before or move on to new ones. So it is circular.

Your theory would be true if it wasn't for the fact that most antidepressants are used just temporary in crisis situation to stop people from doing stupid things. Most antidepressants have a maximum period over which you use them on, after that period you have to stop.

It's a different story with medication for ADHD/ADD, bipolar disorders, borderline syndrome and certain cases of autism

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 am
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:

Now say someone is depressed, they may look to drugs to counter this. If it worked they will continue that route no, they will recognise the drugs are having a negative effect on them, and desperately start looking for an alternative, like "having a life that doesnt suck", continueing to toke as needed to give a "boost" in order to stay motivated, as in "GET MONEY BUY DRUGS". money DOES buy happiness, albeit temporarily, just ask someone who has barely any, you now have addiction. However, as they continue to use and over use this substance it will have less and less an effect on them until they are just as depressed as they were before but now with addiction tacked on.

drug resistance doesnt build up long term, someone who hasnt smoked in a year will get a similar effect as someone who has never smoked, you can virtually reset your resistance in less than a week (but it takes a long time to drop to the "one hit wonder" levels of beginners)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 am
Profile E-mail

landswimmer wrote:
then how would he have hated everything enough to start taking drugs if he wasnt on drugs in the first place? its either one or the other

and alot of people i went to school with who take drugs do it for an excuse, so people just assume they are drugfucked, they arent, they were like that originally.. you'd be suprised how much less judgemental people are when they assume "oh hes just too stoned..." (which is pretty hilarious when you think about it)

All loops have an entrance...

He hated something, or someone just offered it to him an he was bored. XD

JeffL wrote:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 am
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:
landswimmer wrote:

All loops have an entrance...

He hated something, or someone just offered it to him an he was bored. XD

social rejection wouldve provided the required entry to the loop, and if he was just as bad then as he is now (which is highly probable), the conclusion is that he takes drugs because he is fucked up, not that he is fucked up because he takes drugs

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: MathNerd
Level: 1428

comb likes me.

/war Eminence Front :mrgreen:

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRIAN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

just smoke weed

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 am

You are all completely wrong.

i only smoke weed i dont do anything like heroin or coke or meth

i smoke cos of something that happend on a game i used to play before SS. basically i dated some girl online and she disappeared for about 3 months and came bk and dumped me on the spot & it tore me apart, Thats when i started smoking but then realised Tobacco tastes like grinded shit + i discovered Super Skunk :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next