It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

Post Re: DM+CORE
Sun Tzu wrote:
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
- Sun Tzu

I wouldn't fight you conventionally unless I knew I could win. Rumors, spies, intimidation, bribes, divide and conquer tactics, and all the while, building an army of my own. Toxic was made from nothing, and eventually became the strongest team ingame. Not all armies need to be made of legends, sometimes good leadership just happens to help produce them though :)

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:07 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Hit and Run tactics suit players real fine in wars.

Come in, blast trade slaves and whatever defenders there are, and leave before rest of team gets there.

Squad tactics are pretty good, too. Imagine NB stumbling across 3 players of sod's team or equal abilities as NB. I doubt that will ever happen, but best to prepare for that.

Quote:
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Against a powerful team(Imperial Empire), Sod's team(Rebel Alliance) would probably use uncommon and unusual tactics to stay alive. If he comes back, we probably will not see the usual "blast his team's bases in a siege" for a long time. His team would be closer built to the Vazaha, rather than the Mzungu.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:02 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Come in, blast trade slaves and whatever defenders there are, and leave before rest of team gets there.

Squad tactics are pretty good, too. Imagine NB stumbling across 3 players of sod's team or equal abilities as NB. I doubt that will ever happen, but best to prepare for that.

Quote:

Against a powerful team(Imperial Empire), Sod's team(Rebel Alliance) would probably use uncommon and unusual tactics to stay alive. If he comes back, we probably will not see the usual "blast his team's bases in a siege" for a long time. His team would be closer built to the Vazaha, rather than the Mzungu.

Filtering through the garbage the meaning I get is, he will be nothing more than a pirate like Usugi. Annoying, but ignorable.

Fuck the Cosine!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 am

Stooch wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Quote:

Filtering through the garbage the meaning I get is, he will be nothing more than a pirate like Usugi. Annoying, but ignorable.

Arguing hypothetical situations of a hypothetical war is pointless. And you are both incorrect. Should I return, nobody would know with the exception of a few select players, I would come back on more than one account, and it wouldn't be right now. Keep in mind, I still own more than 4-5 unbanned level 1k+ accounts, although I'd need to get the data off of my HD (Old computer finally died) and I can't be bothered at the moment, so I would not need much help if any in virtually any aspect of the game.

As I said early on:

Me wrote:
Reforming Toxic would be stupid anyways, would put a huge bullseye on my forehead, and as egotistical as I might be, I know I could not go up against you guys anytime soon.

It really is funny though. The people I had in mind when I first posted were not the vast majority of DM or Core, but rather a few individuals who seem to have taken douchebaggery to a new height. Even if it is not e11, or Zoog, the fact that many members of my old team have sunken so low is sickening. Picking on players, and not even 1 on 1? Fucking sissies.

I'm gunna be having a few busy days coming up, busy time at the restaurant, but I'll try to check in now and then, maybe get into contact with a few old friends, and have a word with Jeff.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:46 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Restaurant? :O what kind of food?(not that I could go there. Japan ftw!)

though, I have to say that if you want to fight, fight someone will be a challenge 1 on 1 so if you lose, you can find what you need to work on to be better.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 am

Team: Pirate Hookers
Main: bling
Level: 2393

I know you don't have anything against me personally, but you also said you didn't have anything against Kroggy....but he was the one whose stuff you tossed and left him vulnerable...

And I've talked to nearly every good team in game...Strawberry pancakes (although they are a formidable team in pvp) does not want war, or else they would have gone back to pants...

Any legitimate team not in the war right now are friends of mine for the most part. Core, Aidelon, Mad+, Splinter Faction, Quantum Reach, and dare I say it, Zephyr (=P) would not join in against us...

The game has come to a point where the old powerhouses are gone. Toxic would never be remade with you in the team. I am pretty sure anyone who matters in this game still would not ask for your help unless they wanted some dirty thing to happen.

I wont go into any personal attacks since you and me got along pretty well when we have always talked...but what you say, I just don't see happening. And if people have been requesting for your help, it's not a matter of your help, it's an attempt to rebalance power in the game....not because the majority of SS dislikes us or anything. People dislike power be routed to one or two teams.

Sodomy, just pick a different game. Until Client 2 brings in new customers and a lot more people play this game...the game will remain the same. Don't try to change something you can't.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:57 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Quote:
Sodomy, just pick a different game. Until Client 2 brings in new customers and a lot more people play this game...the game will remain the same. Don't try to change something you can't.

Hmm...sounds right to me.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

If he came back none of us would know it. Hell, he may already be working his way up. Sodomy is the Napoleon of Star Sonata, sure, hes been exiled for a while, but when he really comes back, I'm sure many teams will see their players leaving and following sodomy.

Hell, I'd join em. :wink:

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Team: None
Main: E11inium
Level: 65
Class: Gunner

hmm i was on toxic

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm

slimboyphat1789 wrote:
I know you don't have anything against me personally, but you also said you didn't have anything against Kroggy....but he was the one whose stuff you tossed and left him vulnerable...

And I've talked to nearly every good team in game...Strawberry pancakes (although they are a formidable team in pvp) does not want war, or else they would have gone back to pants...

Any legitimate team not in the war right now are friends of mine for the most part. Core, Aidelon, Mad+, Splinter Faction, Quantum Reach, and dare I say it, Zephyr (=P) would not join in against us...

The game has come to a point where the old powerhouses are gone. Toxic would never be remade with you in the team. I am pretty sure anyone who matters in this game still would not ask for your help unless they wanted some dirty thing to happen.

I wont go into any personal attacks since you and me got along pretty well when we have always talked...but what you say, I just don't see happening. And if people have been requesting for your help, it's not a matter of your help, it's an attempt to rebalance power in the game....not because the majority of SS dislikes us or anything. People dislike power be routed to one or two teams.

You make fair points bling, and I never said it would be easy, but honestly, I've been working too much and craving the good ole' rush of SS PvP. Might take awhile to get to that point, but oh well, time is on my side, kind of :P

About people not willing to stand up and fight against DM or Core, well you just need one rally point to turn a bunch of stragglers into an army. It's possible I might be able to be that rally point, as somebody with a fairly impressive track record in wars against teams many sizes larger than mine, with huge odds against us.

At the same time, I have considered how many times I have screwed over people, and how many times I've broken peoples trust, and that was a really big factor in me staying away to be honest. JJ leaving as well actually made me feel at peace with SS, had no further thirst for revenge against him or DM. But I have been talking to old friends on MSN, both people who play the game, and people who just might want to come back again if the right situation came about.

I have hurt many people in this game, many of them, completely unintentionally, and until i receive repentance from atleast one individual in particular I will not play the game. However, despite what DM might think, it would appear many people who were only lukewarm to me as the leader of Toxic, now love me for hurting you guys. I honestly think that gave me more friends than I lost, because the people I hurt almost all had it coming (Once again, I am very sorry for Krogoth) and had it out for me from the onset anyways.

On a happier note, I work as a cook in an Italian restaurant. Not exactly the best job on earth, but I need money for school and it doesn't hurt as a pickup line :)

I am happy this thread has not turned into meaningless flames either way, I've missed hearing from SS players, as gay as that sounds, so I'll do my best to keep myself civil.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2206

Sodomy wrote:
slimboyphat1789 wrote:

You make fair points bling, and I never said it would be easy, but honestly, I've been working too much and craving the good ole' rush of SS PvP. Might take awhile to get to that point, but oh well, time is on my side, kind of :P

About people not willing to stand up and fight against DM or Core, well you just need one rally point to turn a bunch of stragglers into an army. It's possible I might be able to be that rally point, as somebody with a fairly impressive track record in wars against teams many sizes larger than mine, with huge odds against us.

At the same time, I have considered how many times I have screwed over people, and how many times I've broken peoples trust, and that was a really big factor in me staying away to be honest. JJ leaving as well actually made me feel at peace with SS, had no further thirst for revenge against him or DM. But I have been talking to old friends on MSN, both people who play the game, and people who just might want to come back again if the right situation came about.

I have hurt many people in this game, many of them, completely unintentionally, and until i receive repentance from atleast one individual in particular I will not play the game. However, despite what DM might think, it would appear many people who were only lukewarm to me as the leader of Toxic, now love me for hurting you guys. I honestly think that gave me more friends than I lost, because the people I hurt almost all had it coming (Once again, I am very sorry for Krogoth) and had it out for me from the onset anyways.

On a happier note, I work as a cook in an Italian restaurant. Not exactly the best job on earth, but I need money for school and it doesn't hurt as a pickup line :)

I am happy this thread has not turned into meaningless flames either way, I've missed hearing from SS players, as gay as that sounds, so I'll do my best to keep myself civil.

Here we go, the forgive me speech, honestly Sod your a dick and always will be. I don't understand why you'd even set out to destory us, we've been allies for 1 week and Core has only just recently started playing with the big boys, i'm not a dick and thats not what i promote in myself or my team, but again, i'm a leader, and i've made decisions which have upset people. You can't get this far up without stepping on someones toes. Either way, DM have been top dog for how long? Less than a uni, Pants were it for as long as i remember, i'm confused to why a shift in power has people screaming for change and the "opressors" to be cut down or what the fuck ever, again i don't even know who these people are, like blings said, whatever you plan to do i just don't see happening. I've worked to get this far, i deserve to be in this position of power, last thing i want is some weasly dickwad trying to sabotage what i've worked hard to make, and for what? Its something i simply don't have time to deal with, and time is something i'm running short on, reconsider what you plan to do, not because i'm scared of you, not for any other reason that IF people forgive whats the point in becoming a complete and utter twat. If you want to fight us, fine, you do that, but being a weasle about it will get you nothing but spit in your face.

For all you know the shift in power might sway again next week.. Its been hardly a month and people already believe everything that has happened has happened for the worst.

You think were going to try annihilate everything that moves? That'd be impossible for the simple fact that the admins would put us down quicker than we can buy fuel for our energys. I've no interest in war, so a few members got cocky? We have become powerful in a short amount of time, it comes with the power, its something we all have in us and thats arrogance. Its also something i hate, like i said, i do not promote it within my team and anyone that is cocky will be spoken to. Just PM me or a councillor or any high ranking officer and it will be dealt with.. Thats my piece... now i'm off to get mashed. :D

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 2907

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Outcast wrote:
Big Quote

Toxic/DM has been on top since they got Admin powers in JJ and when JJ joined EF that just exponentially made the power shift worse. Anyways, the whole point is sitting on top makes you a target. Every top team has always had an antagonist team trying to take them down, so get used to it. I have never (To my knowledge) had any dealings with Core with the exception of possibly selling them some accounts/credits and having my previous members on your team, so there is no personal vendetta.

The whole fun of SS is trying to become top dog around the universe, and to achieve it, you need more than big guns and alot of members. If you think DM got to the top through "Hard work and perseverance", thats utter BS, they became top dog because pants dissolved and they had the next richest team ingame. Allying yourself will always bring enemies, just like when I was allied with Traders and Mercs, I got into way too many wars due to simply being allied. People no longer viewed us as 3 separate teams, but a superteam, even if we all functioned very differently from one another and completely independently everywhere but where wars were concerned.

Anyways, the SS universe is a nasty place, and antagonists will always rise to the challenge of having a bigger team trying to stay on top. Warring 3 other teams at the same time will do nothing but put fuel to the fire, especially when those teams only have a semblance of power left in comparison to yours. Besides, I wouldn't sabotage peoples teams again, I got banned for that, remember? Spies, Bribes etc are a different story all together though :)

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

and you were booted from Toxic as well E11.

if you ever plan a battle you do not plan it off the strengths of your opponents, but your own strengths,weaknesses and faults.

this whole argument is silly because everyone involved all assume too many things. :roll:

and where are my damn crayons?! *glares at BD* :?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 2782
Class: Speed Demon

saran wrote:
this whole argument is silly because everyone involved all assume too many things. :roll:

Wait... that makes sense.. amongst these ramblings i see light!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next