It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Post [Done][Content] Alternate t21 freighters
So looking at the list of known t21 ships, I see a glaring flaw which has been brought up before, but hasn't been really addressed at this point.

In the lineup of light fighters, we have the hawk, the agriphontes hermes, and the ares war chariot. An entry level ship for both seer and SD, a higher end ship for SD, and a higher end ship for Seer, although theoretically both could be used for both classes.

For heavy fighters, we have the delquad, the wattage, the poseidon wave, and the allmighty prawn.

For capital ships we have a few flavors of Red Photon ships for capital ship classes and a few that have seen use for both shield monkies and engineers. There's also the zeus throne which seems well suited to fleet commanders but is also used by gunners.

And then we come to freighters. There's the heph machine, and the pax levitas. The heph machine blueprint is pretty rare, as are the blueprint drops for all the other high end t21 ships, which is fine. The pax levitas, the "entry" level t21 freighter blueprint is also extremely rare.

And this is where we run into problems. We have tons of combat classes in low, mid, and high tier t21 ships, and yet with the exceeding rarity of the pax levitas blueprint, we have very few players in anything but a heph machine or a rhino. There need to be some alternative freighters for the shield monks and engineers as right now they are the only two classes with rather limited choices in the hull type that gives the most bonuses to these two classes. This creates a very lopsided progression for these two respective classes as everyone else has choices to make, but there's simply no viable alternatives other than t20, or heph machine due to the rarity of the levitas bp. This also creates a bottleneck as both classes want their top tier ship, and both classes are critical in many pvai encounters.

Please create additional freighters that:

1. Are more custom tailored to engineer and shield monk.
2. More accessible with stats less than the heph machine.

Right now there's too much demand for the heph machine, and some additional combat oriented freighters for support classes would go a long way to alleviating that demand, and even provide additional credit sinks as people spend credits to actually build stuff! I would suggest only 3 aug slots, but with some nice inbuilt items and hull bonuses for both classes to make them worthy t21 upgrades for people still in rhinos.

Last edited by skyfyre on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Post Re: Alternate t21 freighters
Don't forget the Assault Behemoth(+) which is a really nice alternative to the Rhino for both Shield Monk and Engineer. However, I complete agree with your main point.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Levi cannot even be considered in this due to how much more expensive then the HM it is along with being rarer and having crap stats.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Chaosking3 wrote:
Levi cannot even be considered in this due to how much more expensive then the HM it is along with being rarer and having crap stats.

I'm ok with *SOMETHING* you can upgrade to even if it's not in the same league as the heph machine. However as you pointed out it's ridiculously rare, to the point of being virtually unobtainable.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 am

skyfyre wrote:
I'm ok with *SOMETHING* you can upgrade to even if it's not in the same league as the heph machine. However as you pointed out it's ridiculously rare, to the point of being virtually unobtainable.

Just like an oly run, eh?

Oly ships in general are so over powered even mismatching your hull classes doesn't make a difference. When first saw the stats on the wiki I was like "That's a freighter? Thought it was a heavy fighter. Would work great for a zerker anyways. Now... That chariot... nice stats on that one... hmm how am I going to get 5 weapons on that. Screw it, I want the HM"

Long story short, you've noticed what everyone else has. The Hephaestus Machine is amazing. With the size of the best oly gear, there's no other choice. Could argue prawn but that's irrelevant 40% resist vs 50% resists is 1.66 vs 2 effectively.

I also don't care if I mismatch hulls and bonuses anyways... only really matters for recon or if you need hullspace. Works it works.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:25 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

A Prawn is always a better option than a Hephaestus Machine, and mismatching a ship so you loose out on certain class/skill bonuses is almost never a good idea. And just for your amusement: A Prawn has 40% resistances all across the board, but it is also under constant effect of the 10% resistance increasing aura. So I wouldn't really call it a 40%-resistance ship.

For the main argument in this thread: Yes I also tried to suggest some changes to the Pax Levitas. Olympus ships can be as powerful as they are (Pax Levitas is also an Olympus ship - but forgotten), but the main point here is that a Pax Levitas is actually not much stronger than a Rhino or Assault Behemoth+! This is down to a few simple things. The upgrade to T21 Drone Mastery Augmenters is not big enough, there are too few T21 Drones to make it worthwhile getting the ship only to use those, and the Pax Levitas in general is not good enough. The design is terrible, and as far as I can see it was designed by someone who really doesn't know how a lot of the game mechanics works.

So by just looking at the title of the original posters topic - I agree! There needs to be more alternate Tech 21 freighters, or else wise the Administrators/Developers needs to fix the current issue - The Pax Levitas.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

I think it was you thermal who suggested a stat change on the levitas.

I think 3 things should happen.

First: The levitas needs a stat change similar to thermals orginal suggestion.

Second: The Levitas needs to be yellow again! :D

Third: The Levitas drop rate should be increased so that every single uber in olympus has a 1/100 chance of dropping the blue print, and the credit sink on the blue print be reduced to 50 billion. That way in theory the blue print actually has a drop rate of 1/25 if people do all of olympus.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

I agree that there is a lack of another t21 freighter. I will also take a look at the levitas. Where can I find Thermal's suggestion?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50779

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 am
Profile E-mail

I know from later experience that super special secondaries can't emit auras that gives increased drone operations, but could it be an idea that the super specials spawned an item that gave increased drone operations, and then de-spawned again after the timer is over?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 am
Content Dev

Super items cannot do auras, only tweaks. I feel like auras are a bit overused at the moment. I was thinking about a super item that does a chain healer, which gives +damage/firing/whatever. That would be as close to an aura as it is currently possible

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 am
Profile E-mail

That could work, as long as it is both useful in solo play and squad play. The current inbuilt chain damage weapon is terrible, and the same goes for the current super special.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:16 am
Content Dev

Post Re: [Content] Alternate t21 freighters
Alternate t21 freighter: Working on it. Got a cool model, but still need to think of how you obtain the blueprint. I would like to have it similar to the delquad blueprint.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 am
Profile E-mail

s_m_w wrote:
Alternate t21 freighter: Working on it. Got a cool model, but still need to think of how you obtain the blueprint. I would like to have it similar to the delquad blueprint.

If Jeff still wants more credit sinks, you could either make it an expensive 1 time mission for the BP that involves credits or credit expensive items (something similar to the PWI mission with its billions of credits costs in tractors), or sold from a particular AI base for a lot of creds or expensive items.

If that's a no-go, maybe a drop from something people really don't kill very often to give them motivation to do it. Come to think of it, drops (the AI ships) never actually drop anything... They're kinda rare AI ships but people might be motivated to hunt them if they dropped this ships bp.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Drops are pretty much non existent because of a certain Oly Daily mission wanting like 20 of them killed.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 am