It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Alternate Tech 21 Skills Testing!
LazrGoose wrote:
red395 wrote:
Do you let gunners go on Oly runs? I don't think so, so how am i supposed to get Tech 21 skills? Change my class? Once again.... I don't think so.

Partly that....partly, as an SD I've gone to oly a few times, but I end up mostly either hanging out dead or feeling fairly ineffective compared to other classes. I've been on a lot of runs on my shm in which there are SDs, Seers, FCs, Gunners afk in travel ships. I don't know about all of them, but I'd much rather be actually playing.

-TG

Tractor SD is one of the best support classes in Olympus. The only place it's not very effective is Hephaestus. And you can do it in any PvAI setup that has a Constable's Tractor.

Nonetheless, no one can deny true that some classes are preferred, so I welcome this development.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:32 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

paxiprime wrote:
All classes an help in a dred with class auras, which help the group out a lot.

i don't remember gunner having an aura unless i managed to miss it.

I really think this is a good idea because it won't put level 500s in t20 ships into oly ships. Just Because a small team can do t21 doesnt mean they get the BPs or commods for the best ship in the game. So, as Skyfyre said when someone got piloting 21 and recieved a Zebu Titan they would actually consider using it for something other than doing laps around Sol. Same for weapons. how many people really use Magcannon IX?

VaporiZe!

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Gunner has Destruction, which is treated as an aura to the server.

You have to remember, it isn't level 500's in basic t20's anymore. It's level 750, in t20's. Then T20(Oly) skills start at 1k.

It, should, however be level 1k for T20 skills, with UZ opened at 1250, and T21 skills at 1500. But, the devs, as it has been suggested for ages and ages, need to add ridiculous amounts of content for the areas in between.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: DownAndBelow
Level: 2060
Class: Fleet Commander

no good backup to old.........

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 am
Profile E-mail

skyfyre wrote:
This would also give an actual market for "starter" t21 ships. Seriously, how many people actually bought/built/used a delquad? I see AWCs, Wattages, PWaves, and Heph machines all over the place. But I hardly see anyone using a Delquad or a zebu titan. Granted, these ships are vastly inferior to olympus ships.

I use a delquad! imo it's the best solo pvai sniper ship. enkelin's sniper also uses one iirc

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Madridista wrote:
skyfyre wrote:
This would also give an actual market for "starter" t21 ships. Seriously, how many people actually bought/built/used a delquad? I see AWCs, Wattages, PWaves, and Heph machines all over the place. But I hardly see anyone using a Delquad or a zebu titan. Granted, these ships are vastly inferior to olympus ships.

I use a delquad! imo it's the best solo pvai sniper ship. enkelin's sniper also uses one iirc

You have got to be kidding...

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

playerboy345 wrote:
Madridista wrote:
skyfyre wrote:

You have got to be kidding...

Agreed with PB
/delquad-o-owner

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Wattage is a starter t20 like a delquad and titan.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I like the Delquad all right but I'm actually planning to move to a Poseidon Wave at some point in the future. One thing I'll miss is the extra hull, though.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

A Titan Zebu is in no way at all comparable to a Delquad or a Wattage wth you guys talking about. Oooh and tbh I'd rather even have a delquad then for example a Zeus Throne.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20

thijs12b wrote:
A Titan Zebu is in no way at all comparable to a Delquad or a Wattage wth you guys talking about. Oooh and tbh I'd rather even have a delquad then for example a Zeus Throne.

Noone here compares Delquad/Wattage to titan zebu xD and bout that ZT, your a sniper so capital ships have kinda no comparison to Delquad but w/e

What annoys me in Delquad is it's very low survivability compared to t20 sniper ships.

Jujusorka has 40% to most of damage types, uber 70% to laser damage which is one of Ai's favorite damage ( it also favors shoting from behind warps
since laser etheral attacks do much less damage)
It also has really decent reflectivity and vis + inbuilt 125 electricity.
Cost: ~8b ? Not sure whats the price atm.

Absentis also has 40% resists to most of damage, 50% to laser. Reflectivity is even lower than juju's, 125 inbuilt elec and nice inbuilt mods.
Cost: ~35b iirc

Both ships have 1 vulnerability. Medium-low resists and very low visibility so you can cover from shots. Also both have inbuilt cloaks.

Now lets look at Delquad of next tech generation, low tier.
Uber hull for loot, but 3 weap slots (same as Absentis with lower hull) won't
allow you to utilise it for taking additional weaponry, some goes for cloak (Cloaks give us some bonus but wont cover as well as inbuilt once, nevertheless its worth it imo)

Nice speed - its nice for faster travelling but it wont really help you when ai spot you.
Big size - 31% bigger than Juju and twice as big as Absentis - makes hiding behind warps and objects harder.
Resists: 35% to laser, lower than most of resists of Juju&Abs
20% to energy, ouch
One more 20% resist, then 3x 25% and one at 60% which is mining, mining is hardly ever used by ais tho so it doesnt save your ass often.

Now the part that hurts me the most in this ship.
Reflectivity and visibility.
Rougly 2,5 times more vis than Juju and Abs and 2,4 times more reflectivity. Kinda horrible for a sniper ship especially that most of dg gates are by the sun, so we are getting gang raped once we enter dg due to our low resists.

Vis won't cover our resists as it were in Juju and Abs so we are screwed if we won't PWI asap.
No Inbuilt electricity ,but -10% elec temp instead. Inbuilt elec was affected by augs tho and gave us decent regen boost.

Inbuilt mods are really lovely but they still don't make up for vulnerability to damage and high visbility.

Delquad got also inbuilt device, but I've got mixed feelings about it once again, it gives uber resists and shield regen boost for a few seconds, but at the same time it gives like 6 mil vis, using it anywhere close to ai is a suicide. We will see pretty volley of marbles flying our way just as the tweak ends, never the less it's nice if u use it reasonable.

Last Delquad's advantage is it being able to use t21 augs, Phobos or Deimos augs would cover vis and shield problem if only they wouldn't drain range/dps so much, we can use Marks. artemis aug but it's poor -20% vis is way to low to cover vis.
Cost: ~45b maybe a bit more if u have to buy BP.

tl;dr
Bright Red ship on the black background is not the way to go for a sniper.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 pm
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: Col Legno
Level: 0

I will interject in here a progress report on the t21 mission line.

At the moment, the missions are working, but we are still awaiting a tag that will allow them to reset daily. As soon as this tag is in I will post in here letting you know. I will set it for a fast reset for test (an hour or two) so you can do a quick test through all the missions.

If you are looking for something to do, I need feedback on the difficulty of the three new roaming mini ubers. If you catch me on test let me know you want to fight one of them and I can teleport you right to it.

I also need feedback on whether the roaming guardian ai are too hard or too easy. You should be able to kill the ai with t20 setups in groups of 1 or 2 (although they should be hard for 1). The mini ubers should be a bit harder (they're for bonus missions and are somewhat optional).

And I'm also looking for mission chain reward suggestions.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

syberian wrote:
thijs12b wrote:

Bright Red ship on the black background is not the way to go for a sniper.

I heartily disagree!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Will you be releasing t22-t30 equipment with this mission chain? Otherwise still think this is gonna piss off people.

Or if you make the missions available only for lvl 1.8k+ that would be acceptable, and add t21 equipment in the DG drop tables to balance out the flood of players that get t21 skills and now want equipment to go with it. That would benefit toughs of us who actually busted our ass in oly this whole time trying to get shards. I know someone out there has to agree with me!

-.-

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

paxiprime wrote:
Will you be releasing t22-t30 equipment with this mission chain? Otherwise still think this is gonna piss off people.

Or if you make the missions available only for lvl 1.8k+ that would be acceptable, and add t21 equipment in the DG drop tables to balance out the flood of players that get t21 skills and now want equipment to go with it. That would benefit toughs of us who actually busted our ass in oly this whole time trying to get shards. I know someone out there has to agree with me!

-.-

No.
I've spent the last 3 months trying to get on oly runs. Barely anyone does it anymore because they're either not strong enough of a team to run it. Or their team has all busted their asses getting t21 and now won't help anyone who hasn't got t21 yet. This mission chain is perfect cause it means you don't have to be on a big team to be able to make it past t20.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next