It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: SPEED DEMON PvP TOURNAMENT!
Don't pay attention to Churchill's post, it's utter garbage.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun May 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

The idea was to make the tourney based more on experience and tactics,
not luck of the draw.

Each team going into the fight will get a sneak peak of what the enemy is fielding, and they can get a quick sense of a plan instead of rolling a dice to determine the winner, because if that was the case, the /roll 100 command would suppress any kind of tourney.

Who wants to come into a fight in where theres 4 snipers, 2 stealthy engineers, and 4 seers loaded up with mines as the enemy? Even if there was no T21 ships, thats a lot of front loaded burst that could really mess up your squad.

As for wanting setups, no I couldn't care less of what your setup means to me, but this is a duel/tourney. You're not going in completely blind.

I will make a slight edit, but you'll know:
1. How many points they are fielding*
2. Their total stat bonuses from augs*
3. The setup of the Flagship**

*You can guess what they're fielding, since each ship is worth a set number of points. With number two, if you noticed a lack of total stat bonuses, compared to a 10 man team, it could indicate that the enemy is fielding a small group of higher end ships, like a squad of Oly ships.

**This gives you an idea of what they're fielding as for ships. If you see a lot of -vis in there, theres probably a few seers or snipers. If you see heavy resist augs, there might be a ship with a weakness they want to cover.

***The flagship player would have his setup revealed to everyone: Admin, Bystander, and Entry Squads, but would not be limited by gear or ship.

So if theres a "No prawn" rule, the flagship player can bypass it and be a prawn. But no one else from the squad can pilot a prawn; otherwise you disqualify the group you're in.

Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Allen-802
Level: 2700
Class: Berserker

Max235 wrote:
The idea was to make the tourney based more on experience and tactics,
not luck of the draw.

Each team going into the fight will get a sneak peak of what the enemy is fielding, and they can get a quick sense of a plan instead of rolling a dice to determine the winner, because if that was the case, the /roll 100 command would suppress any kind of tourney.

Who wants to come into a fight in where theres 4 snipers, 2 stealthy engineers, and 4 seers loaded up with mines as the enemy? Even if there was no T21 ships, thats a lot of front loaded burst that could really mess up your squad.

As for wanting setups, no I couldn't care less of what your setup means to me, but this is a duel/tourney. You're not going in completely blind.

I will make a slight edit, but you'll know:
1. How many points they are fielding*
2. Their total stat bonuses from augs*
3. The setup of the Flagship**

*You can guess what they're fielding, since each ship is worth a set number of points. With number two, if you noticed a lack of total stat bonuses, compared to a 10 man team, it could indicate that the enemy is fielding a small group of higher end ships, like a squad of Oly ships.

**This gives you an idea of what they're fielding as for ships. If you see a lot of -vis in there, theres probably a few seers or snipers. If you see heavy resist augs, there might be a ship with a weakness they want to cover.

***The flagship player would have his setup revealed to everyone: Admin, Bystander, and Entry Squads, but would not be limited by gear or ship.

So if theres a "No prawn" rule, the flagship player can bypass it and be a prawn. But no one else from the squad can pilot a prawn; otherwise you disqualify the group you're in.

Sorry Max but the Best player would know how to adjust their tactics if it is failing from the start well most can prob not u.

Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

p2p wrote:
Sorry Max but the Best player would know how to adjust their tactics if it is failing from the start well most can prob not u.

Sorry X, but I suggested a real tournament to get everyone interested in tourney pvp to play.

It is not a 1v1. You are not alone. You will never enter alone. You will have a minimum of 3 other players sign up with you.

Why?

1 Lone engineer cannot handle 10 enemy players. It's a little extreme, but this suggestion is for groups of players, not a 1v1. Squad vs Squad gives the most realistic fight you can get without having your team declare war on another.

It also draws out the best players, since SvS requires more than "who can get the most expensive setup and ship". It draws out people who aren't the best because now they have a chance to win.

Let's be hypothetical.
Say theres only 8 AWC's pvp sd's in game. Say theres 92 Panther pvp sd's in game. If all 8 AWC sd can beat any Panther sd, what chance is there for a Panther to win other than the AWC's computer crashing or some serious meta-gaming going on.

But if you made it 5v5, theres now a chance for a team like RE or PC to beat the squad entered by SBP. Which comes to the gear limitation and point value parts. Say SBP entered 4 HM Engineers and 1 HM ShM. PC is now fucked.

But if 2 Heph machines will max the points value, or make the remaining points less than a DS's value, PC now has a chance with their mostly t20 players.

The end result is to change a tourney from 6 players to as many T19+ players as possible. You cannot say you're the best player or best group in game if you only fight 4 people, when the game has 500 players.

But if 1v1 is so advantageous to your own ship, then theres less people to come out and watch or fight.

Now for the Real Life Connection. Is a world college tournament a big deal if only your university participates?

Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Seriously Churchil, make a new thread.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

wait so if everyone knows what everyone else is using then everyone will modify there gear to compensate for everyone else. but since everyone changed their gear to compensate for everyone elses gear, everyones gear will be different making planning ahead pointless

VaporiZe!

Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 am
Profile E-mail

anilv wrote:

anilv wrote:

anilv wrote:

Also enk, you did sign up! It's a SD tournament! 50% of you is speed demon you have to attend. The other 50% is numbers, formula and a kicking 'stache.

Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

Predator1356 wrote:
wait so if everyone knows what everyone else is using then everyone will modify there gear to compensate for everyone else. but since everyone changed their gear to compensate for everyone elses gear, everyones gear will be different making planning ahead pointless

Please do not feed the Churchill, he can make a new thread

Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

confused, snipers can join too? Also if this is being held next uni sign me up, i should have my speed demon up by next uni.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Mon May 21, 2012 1:18 am
Profile E-mail

paxiprime wrote:
confused, snipers can join too? Also if this is being held next uni sign me up, i should have my speed demon up by next uni.

speed demon only.
where is pb when you need him?

Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

I had to sleep, staying up for 4 days isn't good fo my health.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon May 21, 2012 2:36 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

thijs12b wrote:
Enkelin we all know I win at that! But unfortunately due to exams and holidays, I cannot enter!

Wow the two dutch people I thought would be first to sign up are making excuses!! Don't tell me DoW is right.... we won't start matches until a week from now[/quote]

I have exams this week and next week and im in portugal getting wasted from the 3rd till the 12th of June so no go for me padre.

Mon May 21, 2012 6:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: liquid death
Level: 2504
Class: Shield Monkey

meh what the heck i'll jion in with my new AWC SD. His name is liquidsnake.

Last edited by worlddestroyer on Wed May 23, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Vigoratus
Level: 1648

Make it more fun then!

Tag teams..
stuff like that..

Give me something where im like ..i gotta be there!

Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

or how about to make it more interesting 2 SDs have a best of 3 dogfight match but instead of fighting in colo they fight........... in Emperors Peak!!!

VaporiZe!

Mon May 21, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next