It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

Team: Ace Corp
Main: TomteFar
Level: 215
Class: Engineer

Post Re: I told you so
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
When my system gets that amount of performance on every other game, I shouldnt need to use lagkiller at all. Just saying.

How can you get 20 fps? How old are your machine? How old is your Windows-installation?
My computer is actually older than 5 years (love to prove Jey wrong :wink: ), although tweaked a little with maxed out memory but runs SS on max settings with 60+ fps.
2 clients takes it toll though, one is lagfree and the other lags like hell so no mc for me.
Would be interesting to see if you get better fps on a fresh win installation.
Or with wine for that matter.

Sat May 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
TomteFar wrote:
When my system gets that amount of performance on every other game, I shouldnt need to use lagkiller at all. Just saying.

How can you get 20 fps? How old are your machine? How old is your Windows-installation?
My computer is actually older than 5 years (love to prove Jey wrong :wink: ), although tweaked a little with maxed out memory but runs SS on max settings with 60+ fps.
2 clients takes it toll though, one is lagfree and the other lags like hell so no mc for me.
Would be interesting to see if you get better fps on a fresh win installation.
Or with wine for that matter.

Please fix the performance issues then? At least somewhat? I'm sad that I get 20 FPS on SS when SC2, RA3, BF3, Crysis 2, Civ 5, and more run over 60fps on my machine. :(
I love SS but I want to be able to play at a decent frame rate!

Yeah, sorta beating a dead horse. I know you know this already. But, sad! :( !

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sat May 05, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

Jey123456 wrote:
If you feel like your computers doesnt get the performance it should on ss2, then what you need to do to help fix it is described here
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=51358

I will start ignoring you if all you do is whine about your performance without providing me any data to back your claims/help me improve it for you.

Performance is perfectly acceptable on all my testing machines even the very worst laptop i ever bought, for the sole reason of having an intel graphic card and single core cpu (to have a machine to fix issues with "intel gpu"), can play to some extent at 20fps in low graphic.

Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Jey123456 wrote:
Jey123456 wrote:
If you feel like your computers doesnt get the performance it should on ss2, then what you need to do to help fix it is described here
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=51358

I will start ignoring you if all you do is whine about your performance without providing me any data to back your claims/help me improve it for you.

Performance is perfectly acceptable on all my testing machines even the very worst laptop i ever bought, for the sole reason of having an intel graphic card and single core cpu (to have a machine to fix issues with "intel gpu"), can play to some extent at 20fps in low graphic.

I'm not whining anymore, I was just answering that guy's question. I'll send some stack traces next time I boot up SS.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail