It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: RE: Hermes Leveling Exploit Rollback
Threaten wrote:
yay still higher level :)

Lol .. all those who got reverted from 3.5k all the way back down to 2k or something shit like that ;)

Me and you stick to the leaderboard!!

Furthermore .. why hasn't everyone been reverted propperly yet? I see people who are above me who fucking well .. shouldnt!

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561
Class: Berserker

Xanu wrote:
Did he get a ticket response that said it was either allowed or not allowed to level using that method?

I dont know. How should I know?

If it was reported a while ago and I started doing it, seems like nobody cared for it to be of enough trouble....

Wed May 02, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763
Class: Shield Monkey

Hard to say - in the future, make sure that you inquire personally into any questionable means of leveling and get a reply before you proceed. I know it has saved my skin to do so in the past. I am sorry for the bad luck you've experienced, but you should be more weary of such things.

Wed May 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

Xanu wrote:
Hard to say - in the future, make sure that you inquire personally into any questionable means of leveling and get a reply before you proceed. I know it has saved my skin to do so in the past. I am sorry for the bad luck you've experienced, but you should be more weary of such things.

I had about 500 SP at lvl 2400 before lvling any further. Now I have 0

Very nice from them...

Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

Send in a ticket to deal with any bugs that have been caused with the reverting of the levels - I'm fairly certain it was only supposed to undo, not to punish.

Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Can I just say that the disparity in how a leveling exploit was handled 2-3 years ago vs how it was handled today is NOT IN ANY WAY indicative of a double standard, but rather in how the administration has grown and evolved to give us better service today. Furthermore, no such exploit in the past even came close to the magnitude of this one.

That being said, there have been some valid points on XP tithe and heal XP; I would personally say remove both, but I don't really give a shit about any level over 2k. You might also make an argument against afk camping dgs, but you haven't.

Wed May 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

two wrongs dont make a right

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Wed May 02, 2012 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: k-2
Level: 2506

My opinion from my perspective:

Admins,, you did mistakes
Exploiters who didn't know they were exploiting based on some events that happened couple years ago,, you did mistakes too...

But who is more right? what i have always been told, Costumers are always more right..

But first, apologize, admit you did a mistake.. then ask and it should be guaranteed that ATLEAST your profile or your character gets to the same state it was before you did that said exploit, refunding you the money you spent and the SP that was lost.. (SP Lost.. wait,, i remember something called NEW SP SYSTEM.. which wasn't implied on higher levels who got their core skills maxed before C2..)

Me honestly if i was an Admin, i would look deeply into the exploits of Leveling overall, as a past SD Proud player, Leveling really differs from Class to class, and its most efficient on ShM Class... Which is preeeeeetty not fair i should say, whether you use slave or 2 accounts... i'm too lazy to think of a way to solve this issue but i will look more into it later.. And, if i was an admin again.. i would do what i said above earlier, reset every harmed/punished character to the state before the exploiting.. Thats my 2 cents here..

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

kilua wrote:
My opinion from my perspective:

Admins,, you did mistakes
Exploiters who didn't know they were exploiting based on some events that happened couple years ago,, you did mistakes too...

But who is more right? what i have always been told, Costumers are always more right..

But first, apologize, admit you did a mistake.. then ask and it should be guaranteed that ATLEAST your profile or your character gets to the same state it was before you did that said exploit, refunding you the money you spent and the SP that was lost.. (SP Lost.. wait,, i remember something called NEW SP SYSTEM.. which wasn't implied on higher levels who got their core skills maxed before C2..)

Me honestly if i was an Admin, i would look deeply into the exploits of Leveling overall, as a past SD Proud player, Leveling really differs from Class to class, and its most efficient on ShM Class... Which is preeeeeetty not fair i should say, whether you use slave or 2 accounts... i'm too lazy to think of a way to solve this issue but i will look more into it later.. And, if i was an admin again.. i would do what i said above earlier, reset every harmed/punished character to the state before the exploiting.. Thats my 2 cents here..

Hire him, he does a better job at talking to the community than the admins do

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Wed May 02, 2012 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799

HURRY CLOSE COPPER! most broken and long standing leveling place (and they just keep spawning!)

:lol: yeaa.... revert those levels.

EDIT: While maybe unfair to the leaderboards, there have always been broken ways of leveling. The only time it use to actually be fair (just an approx. time example) is when Damen and DWO were contesting for top player level, and prior to that.

Last edited by LethalLoki on Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144

LethalLoki wrote:
HURRY CLOSE COPPER! most broken and long standing leveling place (and they just keep spawning!)

:lol: yeaa.... revert those levels.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I got a better idea ... close all DGs! Someone is going in them to level.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

I am not sure why there is complaint, you knew what you were doing. Sure there was this possibility that they MIGHT not revert the levels, but there is always the chance.

The admins made a good move here, I agree that it should have happened in the past aswell, but we cannot change the past.

You should consider yourselves lucky for not being banned, after all it is an "exploit".

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Wed May 02, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

My thoughts: I am not my predecessor. Voom and I have different ways of handling situations. My job training for this job was practically non-existent and I have had to learn and grow rather quickly by asking questions of the current dev team and playerbase. I have obviously fumbled and made mistakes along the way. The decision to revert the levels was mine. I take full responsibility for this decision and the results of it. I weighed what was the best option for the playerbase as a whole, and reverting those levels for a fair gameplay environment was the best option.

I am more than willing to discuss this further with any and all who have questions, comments, or concerns. I will always make myself available for discussion and conversation from the players. We also actively read and consider every suggestion in the Suggestions forums, and I highly encourage you to make suggestions if you have ideas that can help improve Star Sonata.

You can PM me, email me at bageese@starsonata.com, submit a ticket, or hop on IRC and pm me there. I will try to answer questions if I feel the public needs to know the answers, however I am also willing to continue this discussion in private message.

Image Image

Wed May 02, 2012 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: -X-
Level: 4521

bageese wrote:
My thoughts: I am not my predecessor. Voom and I have different ways of handling situations. My job training for this job was practically non-existent and I have had to learn and grow rather quickly by asking questions of the current dev team and playerbase. I have obviously fumbled and made mistakes along the way. The decision to revert the levels was mine. I take full responsibility for this decision and the results of it. I weighed what was the best option for the playerbase as a whole, and reverting those levels for a fair gameplay environment was the best option.

I am more than willing to discuss this further with any and all who have questions, comments, or concerns. I will always make myself available for discussion and conversation from the players. We also actively read and consider every suggestion in the Suggestions forums, and I highly encourage you to make suggestions if you have ideas that can help improve Star Sonata.

You can PM me, email me at bageese@starsonata.com, submit a ticket, or hop on IRC and pm me there. I will try to answer questions if I feel the public needs to know the answers, however I am also willing to continue this discussion in private message.

Might i just add you never reset their glory!! Bag what u did was right they talk about how u can lvl with shm but u can't lvl 1k times in less then a week in shm+ u have to multiclient ,

DEATH TO DRACO
I AM GOD

Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

blake1995 wrote:
bageese wrote:

Might i just add you never reset their glory!! Bag what u did was right they talk about how u can lvl with shm but u can't lvl 1k times in less then a week in shm+ u have to multiclient ,

Good point, but you can't just kill those players over and over to take it for yourself?

Disclaimer : The above statement is intended for humorous purposes only and in no way reflects the oppinions or actions of SBP, the star sonata playerbase as a whole, or Skyfyre.

Thu May 03, 2012 4:43 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next