It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Re: Remove Anal
I'm at the point to where I don't need the loot off these ubers I can solo. I try to go on as many uber runs with teammates as I can because it's more fun to be with my teammates (I guess thats why I'm on a team?).

All my loot gets put towards my team. I think it's just that there are greedy fucks out there.

But I do the vast majority of my runs alone simply because most of my team isn't at this point (Ever tried Jwatt with wards and rosy's?), and the fact that when I tend to do ubers, my team is normally asleep or at work (college lets off at 12noon; people work until 5pm/6pm)

That being said, I worked my ass off for my PWave. I gathered and paid for everything myself. I finally feel free of the shackles that I had with my juju (now it makes a good dg storage ship). I don't want to ever (on this char) feel noobish in MS where I have to fight his regen and if crit doesnt chance the way I want it to, take 50mins to kill MS.

While this is meant to nerf low end snipers, I know for a fact the admins won't *just* nerf low end snipers. In fact, I know that people can keep grudges for a long time. Perhaps Jeff_L still doesn't like getting killed by a DS sniper? THAT nerf made all the snipers change class.

I think that if it comes down to it, he would do it again. And we'll ahve to wait for Client 3 before sniper can truly dps things. And besides all the angry customers, we'll have a surge in Gunner, Seer, and SD. Which will just make Spatzz rant about Gunners being OP monsters.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Team: None
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 1778
Class: Berserker

I see that atm Sniper is a realy strong class but i think we dont complain in this thread about class issues anymore. we complain about sniper class because some people think that it will change something when they would get nerfed but it will nothing happen. i think the sniper problem is just a small part in the picture.

the problem i see is that with the level CAP, that i like,
and the lag of new player that join . Who will always go to bigger teams that just have more credits to offer. you will always have the feeling in small teams thats is realy hard to get into runs with sniper or without sniper. we have to open the player pool to see which people would like to go to runs with level and class? maybe a station that works at conection system like a black board.

We have to adress problems and search for them why people just dont group up and do Dgs together maybe lag of comunication system ?
there are so many things that could be more of the problem than the sniper class. Maybe you just change drop and loot that with more people you get a higher drop rate.

I dont play this game for long but its always the people you play with that make a game fun :)

sry for my lag in english

Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432
Class: Gunner

I'm not going to read whole thread, but I will say that sniper class will not be changed at all. Snipers can solo a lot ubers that most classes can't solo, and let it be, they give us on the market loads of items we normally can't get on our own.

Pvping as sniper also isn't that easy and pirating as sniper would be hard. Snipers are good mostly in colo where people just sit still and allow sniper to poke them. And seer can easily wtfpwn sniper. Kthxbai.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Spartanski Smok wrote:
Pvping as sniper also isn't that easy and pirating as sniper would be hard. Snipers are good mostly in colo where people just sit still and allow sniper to poke them. And seer can easily wtfpwn sniper. Kthxbai.

1. Sniper PVP is easy. I'm shit and I can do it well against most normal players

2. Why is pirating hard as sniper?

3. Whilst a seer can easily "wtfpwn" sniper, sniper can easily "wtfpwn" everything else.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:21 am

Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432
Class: Gunner

Sniper who wishes to survive can't just pop out and start shooting like normal classes do, sniper has weak shields and resist so even a zerk with shm will be really hard to kill for most snipers, and think about heph machine engis which are fucking seriously hard to kill.

Pirating on sniper isnt also easy because sniper is fucking slow (at least for me 96 speed with t20 bana radar*** isnt really much) and most classes will just run away from pirating sniper.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:21 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Slow down here tiger. You are making some ridiculous claims at the moment!

Sniper rapes kids in PvP with the only semi counter being a Seer which the Sniper still has an amazing shot against.

As for pirating, I would say it is the best or second best class next to SD. You are low vis with amazing DPS and range, what more could a pirate ask for. From your point of view you make it sound like the sniper is sitting 500 from his target, a stupid one might and hey, if he has a ZHT he would still prob beat the ShM and Zerk ^^

Wed May 02, 2012 3:38 am
Profile E-mail

Spartanski Smok wrote:
Sniper who wishes to survive can't just pop out and start shooting like normal classes do, sniper has weak shields and resist so even a zerk with shm will be really hard to kill for most snipers, and think about heph machine engis which are fucking seriously hard to kill.

Pirating on sniper isnt also easy because sniper is fucking slow (at least for me 96 speed with t20 bana radar*** isnt really much) and most classes will just run away from pirating sniper.

Lets address this again in dot points.

1. Snipers do not need high shields, they just utilise their 2.5k+ range. I also do not wish to "think about" heph machine engis until they are in widepsread usage. Unless of course you want me to pull the prawn sniper out of the bag.

2. Most classes would run away if they are losing yes, if they can. Oops..they can't..phys crits. Sniper just keeps fighting at range till person wishes to run. Sniper can then close distance and nail them with PZHT's

Even a seer is dead if the seer is spottied.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 am

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

Sniper is fine, its a combat class. It is now the DPS class. If something gets done to sniper then something will have to be done to everything else to balance it out.

Now I am going to say this one last time: If you want some shit that cannot be done by Snipers then ask for more content. It is not as if there is a wide selection of content to choose from, we have: DG Ubers (Easy), Serengeti (Mixture between easy and tricky), Olympus (Challenges), Red Photon, Infernal Darkness and Mausoleum (Sniper soloable).

Olympus and Mausoleum, both are places that snipers struggle with on themselves, Mausoleum guards have infinite radar, to stop snipers from soloing. If its really bugging you that much then for crying out loud, bug the admins like I am for more content, difficult content, more zones, for the high end players, with sick radar, honestly I do not see why that is so hard to do.

Seers: They need something done to them because they are underpowered and are pretty useless on runs at the moment, Seers can kill snipers easilly.

Speed Demons: Good SDs can kill snipers in PvP.

Gunners: Zaphragi Cheetah missiles should be able to kill snipers.

That is all I have to say.

Follow me on Twitter.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 am
Profile E-mail

Tomzta09 wrote:
Sniper is fine, its a combat class. It is now the DPS class. If something gets done to sniper then something will have to be done to everything else to balance it out.

Now I am going to say this one last time: If you want some shit that cannot be done by Snipers then ask for more content. It is not as if there is a wide selection of content to choose from, we have: DG Ubers (Easy), Serengeti (Mixture between easy and tricky), Olympus (Challenges), Red Photon, Infernal Darkness and Mausoleum (Sniper soloable).

Olympus and Mausoleum, both are places that snipers struggle with on themselves, Mausoleum guards have infinite radar, to stop snipers from soloing. If its really bugging you that much then for crying out loud, bug the admins like I am for more content, difficult content, more zones, for the high end players, with sick radar, honestly I do not see why that is so hard to do.

Seers: They need something done to them because they are underpowered and are pretty useless on runs at the moment, Seers can kill snipers easilly.

Follow me on Twitter.

A sniper is the DPS class and should be the DPS class, I agree. Why is it then, also the class with the most range and the class that is the second stealthiest.

Most seers cannot kill snipers easily, courtesy of the spotty beam.

You can keep saying your point for all it matters. Why should more content be implemented so that there is at least something in the game that Snipers cannot easily solo? In that case, why was not every other classes not beefed when engis needed a nerf? Why don't they implement bigger exploits so that the smaller ones no longer matter?

Wed May 02, 2012 4:12 am

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

zhuang281 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

Follow me on Twitter.

Why is it then, also the class with the most range and the class that is the second stealthiest. Because that is what a sniper is? Snipers are people with long range and they arent supposed to be seen well, What are you suggesting? Make snipers as visible as delquads?

Most seers cannot kill snipers easily, courtesy of the spotty beam. Use a tweak, like an Assassination.

You can keep saying your point for all it matters. Why should more content be implemented so that there is at least something in the game that Snipers cannot easily solo? Because nobody can deny that there isn't much content in the game that is actually a challenge for anyone. It is either piss easy or needs a squad of 5 and up.

In that case, why was not every other classes not beefed when engis needed a nerf? Because at the time, Engineer needed a nerf and snipers don't. Why don't they implement bigger exploits so that the smaller ones no longer matter? You tell me, why don't they?

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Wed May 02, 2012 4:17 am
Profile E-mail

If you wish to go by the real world definition of snipers, then they don't do a very large amount of "DPS" over time. So lets not get into semantics over what a sniper "should" be. Instead lets talk about what is overpowered about it.

Whilst nobody can deny much content is easy, the sniper still has the easiest time of it.

You say that engi's needed a nerf but snipers do not right now. Tell me why. You are basically going in circles right now, using your argument in contention to support the same argument in contention.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

It's a sniping cruiser, not a RL sniper. We play with 5 inch(127mm) caliber guns and bigger, not some dinky rifle.

For the seer thing, spotty beams need to be removed from use on slaves. And seers may need a -tracking effect upon a class locked weapon or two.

As for content, I think some content should be updated.

If Sniper can solo RP, code it to where the warship sits inside the belt, and make the belt respawn at a ridiculous rate if any asteroids are destroyed. Also maybe give it a pass regen bonus (dont shoot it for a while, +100% RPS).

Stuff like that. But I do not like the idea of making an uber like Marco have an anti-sniper weapon to pelt Absentis/Quad/PWave snipers with when it'd make actual Izer/Abscon/Snowflake snipers unable to kill him without an 8 man squad.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

This game is totally unbalanced and will die soon...

Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12