It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Re: Remove Anal
thijs12b wrote:
What I can kill in my PWave i can kill on my AWC.

So Spatzz, does this mean we need to nerf SD too because people can kite and afk instead of fire and afk?

Tue May 01, 2012 8:04 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Max235 wrote:
thijs12b wrote:
What I can kill in my PWave i can kill on my AWC.

So Spatzz, does this mean we need to nerf SD too because people can kite and afk instead of fire and afk?

Church, you are a master of useless semantics.

This is not a thread about endgame snipers and SDs, this is a thread about lowball set-ups doing what only high end should simply due to the massive free DPS from anal.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am
Profile E-mail

Then limit Analysis to the ship or tech. An Absconditus or Equanimizer being half the SA bonus of a PWave or Absentis.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 am

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

This topic is going nowhere, Sniper is fine the way it is, if you want it nerfed, prepare to have other shit nerfed. Or just make more content that snipers cannot do, If you want ideas on how to make anti-sniper content, PM me ingame or forum PM me.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Tomzta09 wrote:
This topic is going nowhere, Sniper is fine the way it is, if you want it nerfed, prepare to have other shit nerfed. Or just make more content that snipers cannot do, If you want ideas on how to make anti-sniper content, PM me ingame or forum PM me.

Obviously sniper isn't fine...but with a topic name as such it isn't going to be taken that serious :P

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Tue May 01, 2012 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 1244

i would love to se SA gone in exchange for a +4% range +3% radar :)

playerboy345 wrote:
Swift.Kill wrote:
u havent tryed 5 Ada Rage BS Zerker yet WHIT LINCIN :D

u havent tryed 5 STFU WITH YOUR BS WHIT GTFO :D

Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982

Max235 wrote:
Then limit Analysis to the ship or tech. An Absconditus or Equanimizer being half the SA bonus of a PWave or Absentis.

that is probably the best idea i have seen in this thread apart from general bitching from people, it would be nice for SA to depend on tech level and teir of ship so normal at high teir T20 and any 21 and going lower as tech level and teir of ship decreases, would solve the issue of any newcomer instantly being able to solo ubers because of analysis

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue May 01, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Max235 wrote:

Or just adding a sniper only T20 item for sale at the Snipers Armory in Lyceum that allows for analysis to be used, obviously it won't be cheap...this way people won't be forced into using certain ships to gain the best out of the class.

Alongside this a separation will occur, people who can afford to play sniper to it's best and want to fully invest in the class will be able to do a huge amount more than a half-assed Juju set-up.

Tue May 01, 2012 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

Sniper's Scope.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Tue May 01, 2012 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

SA stats are based on snipers skill level, more weight could be put on t21 skill.

Tue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm

DrAcula wrote:
Max235 wrote:

Or just adding a sniper only T20 item for sale at the Snipers Armory in Lyceum that allows for analysis to be used, obviously it won't be cheap...this way people won't be forced into using certain ships to gain the best out of the class.

Alongside this a separation will occur, people who can afford to play sniper to it's best and want to fully invest in the class will be able to do a huge amount more than a half-assed Juju set-up.

Well, the idea is that we want SA to be used for more than just T19+ snipers. We want new snipers (actual new players who choice sniper) to have SA available to them. But we don't want it to be such a huge bonus that some dodo in a BSS can solo MS.

Some ships are naturally more advanced(or just more expensive) than others, which is why I feel that the more advanced should have a higher max SA potential than a "less advanced" ship.

For example, a PWave gets the full bonus. However a Delquad only gets a max of 70%.

A Bule Super Sidhe gets 80%, but a Sidhe is just 50%. yes I notice the BSS has a higher % than the Quad, but T16 vs T21, is it not obvious about which one hits harder?

@Sybir, class skills can be maxed at level 1300 or so. Also don't want it to go 10% at Sniper20, and 100% at Sniper21, seeing how you don't need Sniper20(iirc) to build SA for say, a low level person. Or whatever the subskill that determines the SA.

Tue May 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 1244

syberian wrote:
SA stats are based on snipers skill level, more weight could be put on t21 skill.

Theres curently a bug making it based on one of the sub skills rather then the class one even tho it builds if u have the class skill u dont get any bost unless u have one of the subs, iirc its Sharpshooting for example
Sniper 20 and Sharpshotting 0 and efficency 20 after 10 min would be less DPS then Sniper 20 and Sharpshotting 20 after 10 min

playerboy345 wrote:
Swift.Kill wrote:
u havent tryed 5 Ada Rage BS Zerker yet WHIT LINCIN :D

u havent tryed 5 STFU WITH YOUR BS WHIT GTFO :D

Tue May 01, 2012 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100

Max235 wrote:
Some ships are naturally more advanced(or just more expensive) than others, which is why I feel that the more advanced should have a higher max SA potential than a "less advanced" ship.

For example, a PWave gets the full bonus. However a Delquad only gets a max of 70%.

A Bule Super Sidhe gets 80%, but a Sidhe is just 50%. yes I notice the BSS has a higher % than the Quad, but T16 vs T21, is it not obvious about which one hits harder?

Good ships are already better than bad ships. Why would we want to make the gap wider? If we want a nerf it needs to be equal for all ships. Also, how would you determine the percentage of anal a ship would get? A ship would need a new stat for that and a new ship stat just because of one class is just derp.

As enkelin stated, it needs to be simple. A classical nerf is the best way to nerf snipers. Either nerf anal DPS a bit or nerf sniper's classkills a bit.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Remove or reduce the damage part of the SA then (Damage is not Crit Strength)?

Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

A simple reduction of all 3 aspects to a certain degree would likely fix some of the issues.

I was really liking the DPS scaled to range idea which would leave sniper in squad based situations unchanged but limit low end solo set-ups that are currently relying just on anal to do certain things.

And I really do just want what is best for the game. This is not a player moaning because, frankly, I have access to some ungodly snipers including PWaves and Prawns. I just don't want to see the whole group aspect of the game ditched for the simple reason that the content can be soloed and all loot kept rather then relying on a team run with multiple folks working together.

I know there are times I want to go do an uber and someone asks to tag along and I frankly don't want to take them because I don't want to share loot. I don't really need them and if something nice drops I have the choice of being a jerk and saying it is mine or losing it to a pointless roll. At the same time I crave the group run setting. I want to NEED that person, not just have them along for the ride. Snipers soloing certain content takes an aspect of group play out that then also makes it harder for those left to do the content in general. Once they realize they cannot do it without say a certain sniper player, who simply does his own solo run, then they might just go make a sniper (would be stupid not to) and do it as well.

This just causes a break down of group play which is unfortunate. Again, this is not me advocating making content more difficult or moaning about an aspect of the game, this is just me addressing what I feel to be an issue that is hurting the game a bit at the moment.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next